Media RYP Blog Attack!

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

RYP is cool guy, goes to DPs and doesn't afraid of anything

Postby Zero » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:50 am

Jumper wrote:Yet you dedicate three fucking paragraphs of original content, or post oodles of cut and paste shit on a forum? Your a blogger, and you don't even know it, complete with catchy Avatars and snazy signature lines.

Forums are just a collection of people that are one step away from bloggers.

Uh, I'm some anonymous douchebag on a forum, with zero (ha ha) credibility, interest, or reputation on the line aka a troll. I am not trying to build a brand, I definitely don't expect people to rely on anything I say as factual, and if I say something exceptionally retarded, I can 'pop smoke' and back off this forum account completely without any gain or loss to my actual reputation, this is not true of RYP, you, James, and anyone else attaching their forum identity to a real identity that can you know, be called to task. There are 'web-publishers' who attach credibility and something to lose to their statements on the internet, and there are 'people pissing into an ocean of piss', you (matt the feraljundi) and RYP are the former, I am the latter.

You're right, I am a blogger.
Zero
Salva Nos

Re: RYP is cool guy, goes to DPs and doesn't afraid of anything

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:19 am

Zero wrote:
Jumper wrote:Yet you dedicate three fucking paragraphs of original content, or post oodles of cut and paste shit on a forum? Your a blogger, and you don't even know it, complete with catchy Avatars and snazy signature lines.

Forums are just a collection of people that are one step away from bloggers.

Uh, I'm some anonymous douchebag on a forum, with zero (ha ha) credibility, interest, or reputation on the line aka a troll. I am not trying to build a brand, I definitely don't expect people to rely on anything I say as factual, and if I say something exceptionally retarded, I can 'pop smoke' and back off this forum account completely without any gain or loss to my actual reputation, this is not true of RYP, you, James, and anyone else attaching their forum identity to a real identity that can you know, be called to task. There are 'web-publishers' who attach credibility and something to lose to their statements on the internet, and there are 'people pissing into an ocean of piss', you (matt the feraljundi) and RYP are the former, I am the latter.

You're right, I am a blogger.

I am actually a 12 year old black kid posting from his moms basement in Montana

-JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Re: Media RYP Blog Attack!

Postby SusanKatzKeating » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:56 pm

Dang! Y'all have been so busy during my absence. Cold Harv, I'm delighted to see that you're back up, scavenging The Master's scraps. I haven't been able to locate any of your original writings, though. Can you post a link? Would love to see your work!
SusanKatzKeating

Postby Hitoru » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Hey Ms. KatzkampFollower, FYI A Clip is a very different thing to a magazine and the terms are not interchangeable. Remember that the next time you gush about your firearm training in your boring blog.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby RYP » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:49 pm

We are all Bloggers..

Here is a guy who thinks he is famous because somebody else who isn't famous has the same name but he has the URL. I wonder what he thinks about global warming, disarming Iran and the future of pork bellies?

http://www.joelaratheplumber.com/

"Since the debate
10-15-08 between John
McCain and Barrack
Obama, I have received:
352,621 hits on my
website, over 500 phone
calls, and 600 e-mails. I
have been interviewed
for several publications
and appeared on
Television 4 times,
interviewed for the
Radio 3 times, made the
cover of the Local
newspaper twice and
met a lot of great
people, many of which
flattered me by asking
for autographs.

Please be advised that I
am NOT the unlicensed
Plumber from Ohio who
was mentioned over 20
times during that
Debate"
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:54 pm

SusanKatzKeating wrote:Dang! Y'all have been so busy during my absence. Cold Harv, I'm delighted to see that you're back up, scavenging The Master's scraps. I haven't been able to locate any of your original writings, though. Can you post a link? Would love to see your work!

Are you drinking as well?
.......what does any of that sentence mean?
maybe I should start writing if chunky alcoholic camo-cougars like yourself can.

does anyone else find it hilarious that when we pile on a psycho-troll they always think it's about them personally and not that we like kicking anyone who wants it anyway?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby LechoZX » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:04 pm

coldharvest wrote:does anyone else find it hilarious that when we pile on a psycho-troll they always think it's about them personally and not that we like kicking anyone who wants it anyway?

You mean like this?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24507
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:07 pm

LechoZX wrote:
coldharvest wrote:does anyone else find it hilarious that when we pile on a psycho-troll they always think it's about them personally and not that we like kicking anyone who wants it anyway?

You mean like this?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24507

Yep, and Ronbo, and mach.

It's like they walk into a bar of regulars and start yelling about how smart and cool they are
....Suzy is slightly different in that she's some slut who hangs around the base and wants us to think she's cool because 'she knows mil-blog stuff'.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:18 pm

Set phasers to "ignore".

"The Pitchfork Brigade" wants to treat the US Military like Vestal Virgins which goes against our proper barbarian values in favor of savage Roman ones.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Kurt wrote:Set phasers to "ignore".

"The Pitchfork Brigade" wants to treat the US Military like Vestal Virgins which goes against our proper barbarian values in favor of savage Roman ones.

I just did...for her
Jumper I love if only for opening the door to the disturbing world of homo-erotic Star Trek paintings, of which I was ignorant.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:33 pm

SusanKatzKeating wrote:Dang! Y'all have been so busy during my absence. Cold Harv, I'm delighted to see that you're back up, scavenging The Master's scraps. I haven't been able to locate any of your original writings, though. Can you post a link? Would love to see your work!

If I may quote NWA. Bitch shut the fuck up!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby RYP » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:37 pm

so its finally happened... HTS members now have the forum and the motivation to speak out. Lets see how the milbloggers deal with people inside the program telling it like it is. Also the same forum has an interesting Orwellian comment about the same HTS spoon fed talking points appearing over and over in the milblogs. You wouldn't think that milbloggers are sent talking points from PR companies do you?? :))

http://www.mensjournal.com/new-war-for-hearts-and-minds

HTS Member Reply:
February 19th, 2009 at 5:56 pm

Mol….You’re an Army guy…team leader? I understand there are some perks for the military that join HTS. I know you have to waive any rights for promotion while in the program. Plus, aren’t you promised some sort of a job with the program once you return to stateside? Also, by deploying with the HTS, you don’t have to do a regular deployment with the military. Just wondering. Personally, I think the military can and have been doing this same concept for quite some time and much better than the HTS can or have been doing. In fact, didn’t McFate/Fondacaro take this concept from the military for mega bucks.

The training and hiring had nothing to do with the deaths..??? Are you kidding. You are kidding, right. Think about it. Michael was working on his last chapter of his dissertation when he made his last trip. Nichole was working on her dissertation as well. The training was so bad, Nichole, like many others, never even showed up to most of the classes. HTS management lures some people in by telling them they can get their PhD while in the program and work on their dissertation while in theater. This is so wrong in every aspect. Paula, she was such a sweetheart. However, like many in the program, she had PTSD and should not have been deployed again. Had HTS/BAE properly screened applicatants, there may not have been 3 deaths. Their “bad luck” was being part of a program that cares more about the $$$ than the well being of its members.

In my opionion, this concept needs to be completely turned over to the military.

I worked with a number of teams. Like I said, most are dysfunctional no matter how hard one trys to get everyone to work as a team….some just don’t get it. And the training….let’s be honest, it is a joke, a dangerous joke. BTW, many either hate the military or they hate the academics or they dislike the Arabs in the program. Many are in the program for their own agenda’s, just like Fondacaro and McFake. The HTS program is a farce.
RYP

Postby RYP » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:39 pm

I wouldn't be hard on Susan, she does take the time to face her critics here. Kudos. As for Jumper's need to wring his hands and his abilty to quickly find and post selections from his gay Star Trek pic collection... dude its Ok to be gay..and a Trekkie :))))

I got work to do...

Peace out..
RYP

Postby Jumper » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Gay Kirk wrote:so its finally happened... HTS members now have the forum and the motivation to speak out. Lets see how the milbloggers deal with people inside the program telling it like it is. Also the same forum has an interesting Orwellian comment about the same HTS spoon fed talking points appearing over and over in the milblogs. You wouldn't think that milbloggers are sent talking points from PR companies do you?? :))

http://www.mensjournal.com/new-war-for-hearts-and-minds

HTS Member Reply:
February 19th, 2009 at 5:56 pm

Mol….You’re an Army guy…team leader? I understand there are some perks for the military that join HTS. I know you have to waive any rights for promotion while in the program. Plus, aren’t you promised some sort of a job with the program once you return to stateside? Also, by deploying with the HTS, you don’t have to do a regular deployment with the military. Just wondering. Personally, I think the military can and have been doing this same concept for quite some time and much better than the HTS can or have been doing. In fact, didn’t McFate/Fondacaro take this concept from the military for mega bucks.

The training and hiring had nothing to do with the deaths..??? Are you kidding. You are kidding, right. Think about it. Michael was working on his last chapter of his dissertation when he made his last trip. Nichole was working on her dissertation as well. The training was so bad, Nichole, like many others, never even showed up to most of the classes. HTS management lures some people in by telling them they can get their PhD while in the program and work on their dissertation while in theater. This is so wrong in every aspect. Paula, she was such a sweetheart. However, like many in the program, she had PTSD and should not have been deployed again. Had HTS/BAE properly screened applicatants, there may not have been 3 deaths. Their “bad luck” was being part of a program that cares more about the $$$ than the well being of its members.

In my opionion, this concept needs to be completely turned over to the military.

I worked with a number of teams. Like I said, most are dysfunctional no matter how hard one trys to get everyone to work as a team….some just don’t get it. And the training….let’s be honest, it is a joke, a dangerous joke. BTW, many either hate the military or they hate the academics or they dislike the Arabs in the program. Many are in the program for their own agenda’s, just like Fondacaro and McFake. The HTS program is a farce.

So now you are reduced to cutting and pasting comments to support your shit? Ha! That just made my day. Not because of the irony, but because of how idiotic it makes you look. Were you not the one that said that anonymous commenters and bloggers had no credibility and were not bound by the truth? So why the fuck are you now using these folk as the truth to support your article? For all you know, the dude that just posted this up top, is some geekwad liberal anti-war anthropology student, who despises the idea that their beloved science is being used in the war effort.

It's also funny that you refused to put up the other side of the coin, as to whom this individual was responding too. That would have been the journalistic thing to do--oh wait, your not a journalist, your a travel author. And this is what MOI had to say:

MoI Reply:
February 19th, 2009 at 4:49 am

I know that some teams are not working out and that others are very successful. If you failed, don’t smear successful teams with your inability tp perform.

ps….this does not mean that all aspects of the program and the top managers don’t deserve some examination

So essentially, when a blogger or commenter actually supports your crap, then it is the truth. But if they disagree with you, then they are not held to some journalistic standard or it's libel? Fuck, by you not posting who this person was responding to, makes you out to be the very thing that you are criticizing.
Feral Jundi

http://www.feraljundi.com

A blog about the security contracting industry.
Jumper
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:57 pm

I couldn't be arsed to read this because blogs bore the tripes out of me but the persistence of the thread lead me to peruse the material. If I was RYP PR manager I wouldn't be putting this into the win box. Bridge to something else quickly.

Most interesting facet of this exchange is that our resident Jihadi Dawud is clearly a wannabe RYP groupie. Weird.

Peace out.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe