Triple Canopy gets the Iraq WPPS contract, ex-Blackwater

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Triple Canopy gets the Iraq WPPS contract, ex-Blackwater

Postby trueblue5x5 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:40 am

I would agree with What Bouncer said. But what the Joe Public over here knows [or even cares to know about it] is F*ck ALL.... the sass and swagger "bad boyz with guns and bad attitudes" visual plays better on both sides of the political sputum here in the good old two faced USA. It's so much easier to point their fat little fingers at someone else and cry " you're to blame" than to face heir own shallow visage and their own consequences of 'doing nothing'.

Isnt that the really embarrassing truth about why we are moving towards more merc like 'security for hire' anyway? We've already proven how much more incredibly effective ANY hiding is behind the corporate structure- versus the public sector! Besides where the hell else are all these seasoned war vets going to find work?

On the ground- its the same folks. Why? usually comes down to brutal economics and doing what nobody else will do-or can do- or conscript our sons and daughters to do. The mudlde management types were the toxic "assets" in the Mil industry as much as they were in the banking and insurance industry! SAME DIFFERENCE. WASTES OF SKIN. So I dont shed any tears for the BW situ. I'm turnign a jaundiced eye at the rest of them to see if its a showboat and scapegoat situation- or if more "changeover and churn" will occur. The folks on the ground are the essence of 'skill sets' needed anyway. They will get shopped around and play musical careers until one or two lucky corporate bastards get the contracts. Then it's " Meet the New Boss,... Same as the old boss,..." ? They all use the same resumes to try and convince the Govt clients theyve got the 'right stuff'.

When Gov't contracts were allowed [and legislatively given the right!] to IGNORE TRUE and ethical competitive bidding requirements - all bets - and gloves were off. It's become a souless gutless nasty shifting sands game. How appropriate! And we sit and self righteously sniff at the cultural corruption of the Mid Eastern countries! HA! We trained them! [ and PAID them]

Same goes for the TCNs - can't blame them for wanting to make an income to support their families back home. Youre damned right that they are thrilled to do what our own "oh so patriotic but never served public citizens" wouldnt or couldnt dare consider doing themselves- for a fraction of the cost. But we can sure as hell demonize them too! Plays better with the Latte crowd AND the Chicken hawks. yeah! We want to kick talibans ass ! And alQuedas too! Just not with MY son, husband,wife or daughter! [Much less me!] But hey ...GODAMN those money hungry crazy eyed mercenaries! HOW DARE THEY?!!

Damn near everyone I know has spent time over there as a civilian - including entire families, my husband and son, my best freinds and damn near every retired military person I know- who came back and couldnt find work here- even reservists! Not one of them is over there to "make a killing" so much as just trying to survive and pay the bills and essentially do what I am now trying to do. SURVIVE.

As for the bidding "process" HA! That's gone from bad to worse in the past 20 years. I hear they are finally shifting gears on the 'cost plus' 'blank check' terms. We'll see!
dont lie to, disrespect or annoy a Dragon, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
trueblue5x5
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:01 am

Bouncer wrote:
coldharvest wrote:
By Jeremy Scahill

......and that's when I stopped reading.

I admit I read the first para, snorted, read the byline and stopped.

Regards,
-Bouncer-

That's very open-minded of you, you're probably tolerant as well.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby sirrand » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Any TC people working intel/ops in the Baghdad IZ? Looking into a position and would like the skinny on the reality of the position.
sirrand

Postby Farmdog » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:39 am

Ohh Sorry,
The answer was how do I join the French Foreign Legion
Farmdog
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:53 am

Will this Scahill guy ever shut the fuck up?

TC executives have an odd reputation in the PMC owners crowd, I have heard some funny stories

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe