Marriage

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Marriage 101 (which one represents you)

Single
58%
Engaged
5%
Married (i love it) thats over 10yrs
9%
Married (miserable) thats over 10yrs
No votes
Married (only for the kids sake) yrs dnt cnt
2%
Seperated
No votes
Divorced
9%
Married (i love it) less than 10yrs
14%
Married (miserable) less than 10yrs
2%

Total votes : 43

Marriage

Postby Romeo247 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:21 am

Add me to patroits little list of familys in mourning im going to a wedding tomorrow.

add my name to that list because tomorrow my cousin is getting married to his girl.. Getting married on that day is a stupid ass thing to do, but supposedly thats when they met).

I would not be going but my mom's wants me to go blah blah, even in my own family dissent is frowned at. Whats this world coming to? Its not like they are members of the special olympics for fucks sake...

Why do women need a piece of paper to prove I love her? So she can have 50% if she roams? no way... I will have a living argeement signed before she even moves in...Im not religious nor would i marry one so whats the big rush ladies.. Let a dog be a dog.. I just dont get marriage... Everyone i meet that is, are divorced or miserable...

If your religious I can completely endorse it, but not everyone is thx god...
Whats the #1 cause of divorce?? MARRIAGE
---- Fact
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Postby Romeo247 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:53 am

2Charlie wrote:Hey,

The poll is flawed, I can only put one entry in for Divorced. SHUCKS.

And as for a piece of paper. Dumb Arse, it isn't the paper its the ring... Get with the program.

the ring only signifys that you have a piece of paper stating that your married... Remember rings come off too... Unless like I said your religious and its done in the eyes of god. {at least my feelings} if you ment for the ring like dollar value, that leaves me wondering what is the norm these days for a wedding ring? Still 3 months salary?

i dunno what else to put for divorced. i had a couple of ideas.. I actually did forget to add divorced / remarried...

I know tomorrow i would love to rapel off the roof, come crashing through the stain glass window, double tap 2 to her head, land and run off screaming you will thank me later!!... You know damn well the cops that investigate the incident will be like. Hmmm do we really wanna catch him because they all go home to one that drives them insane... Like the new superman lol (varition on Sam Kinisons routine R.I.P. bro ur missed)

only 130 ppl at this reception so shouldnt be so bad... nice open bar.. and girlies are always happy to play on wedding night... Im sure my sausage willl be smoked well ;-)
---- Fact
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:19 am

This will be an honest poll...
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Yusuf » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:38 am

So far... 66% of us are single...

I think we spend too much time on this forum that we could be using getting married...

screw it... I am afraid of committment
'Forgive him who wrongs you; join him who cuts you off; do good to him who does evil to you, and speak the truth although it be against yourself.'

-Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
Yusuf

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:54 pm

[quote="2Charlie"]Hey,

The poll is flawed, I can only put one entry in for Divorced. SHUCKS.

quote]

Ha ha, THAT is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

You poll shows some pessimism

Postby Bronco » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:26 am

I have been married over 10 years... almost 30 years, in fact. My only advice is to wait until you grow up and then don't be in a hurry.
I learned that I could trust my best friend with my life and I still do. She's outlasted all but two of my other friends. I think it's a matter of training.
My parent's are celebrating their 64th anniversary next month.
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:14 am

Single, but close only by a close margin at one point.
And let me send a little pre-emptive "shut the fuck up" to Britneyfan on this one, cause it's not who he probably thinks.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:15 am

coldharvest wrote:Best thing I ever did, I've got a smart, attractive and way cool wife
AND she's given me 3 beautiful, clever children.
Yet another reason I belive God looks after fools.

and drunks...
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Land Rover » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:26 am

-
Omit needless words.
Land Rover
BFCus Regularus

Ah fuck it

Postby Ciarrai » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:47 am

We all know after the first date ( or fuck session) whether she is the one we would marry or make jokes about at the pub with our friends.

Lucky me, she is more intelligent than I, makes more money, and looks good in tight fitting cotton (formerly spandex). She is laid back and unassuming. If she even comes close to considering divorce from me, it means that I am the stupidest motherfucker who ever lived, and Jesus himself would have reconsidered his sacrifice if he knew I would one day consider myself a Christian.

Affable and agreeable withn nice tits and ass, who cries to Disney movies. That is what every jackass is hoping for in a wife.
Ciarrai
BFCus Regularus

Re: Ah fuck it

Postby Land Rover » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:25 am

Ciarrai wrote:. If she even comes close to considering divorce from me, it means that I am the stupidest motherfucker who ever lived.

you are a good man.
Omit needless words.
Land Rover
BFCus Regularus

me

Postby muskrat » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:38 am

Not married but living together more than 10 years. Never planned it that way, or any way really, just kinda happened. Pretty good tho wouldnt want to be with anyone else.
the Rat is less about criminality per se but the importance and sheer fun of using one's intellect, skill and willpower to carve a survival niche into whatever inhospitable environment one finds oneself. Damn the imposed morality of the overlords. F
muskrat
BFCus Regularus

Re: me

Postby Romeo247 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:07 am

muskrat wrote:Not married but living together more than 10 years. Never planned it that way, or any way really, just kinda happened. Pretty good tho wouldnt want to be with anyone else.

outstanding, im curious now.. are u planning on marriage? or is she totally cool with how it is?

I figure if im with a chick that long, (of course by law its considered a common wealth marriage) but if after 10 yrs of living together and the fire is still burning away i would so consider it..

Oh ya and i wish you the very best for the next 100 yrs to come and thats to all of you that are happy... Cold, you are a lucky dude for sure did u meet her b4 or after your "caregiver" situation if i might ask....

Ciao All

Rome.....
---- Fact
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

none of the above

Postby townslight » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:38 am

None of the above !! A man must love the noose to put his head in twice
Big picture of world situations transends timelines the mass media feeds all the little picture people.
townslight

Postby Gopi » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:01 pm

Marriage probably owes more to luck than to any other feature or 'facter'.

My husband keeps mundanity at bay. (Big black dog that c.h. is!)

Casting off the bowlines mean't getting hitched & it was a good thing. For us 1 + 1 now equals a total of 5.
The strength of a nation is derived from the integrity of its homes.
- Confucius
Gopi
Global Warmer

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe