Thuggery wins

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Thuggery wins

Postby WillyBlues » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:01 pm

yawn
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:43 pm

RYP wrote:I think Penta is entitled to her view and comments as much as those who bash her are. If you disagree with someone you can ignore them, argue with them or change your own opinion but insulting them and deliberately using pictures of women who are tied up or incessentaly calling someone a "cunt" well past the point of humor is more a sign of FlipFlop's failings than Penta's penchant for taking an opposing view. It is not the goal of the forum to chase away intelligent contributors, regardless of their viewpoint.

denise is correct about the bondage pic nowonmai posted. i took it as a complement, as it was a foto of dita von tease, who is hot.
and it was in response to a threat penta made to repeat some vicious rumors, which she later apologized for.

"Those disputing, contradicting, and confuting people are generally unfortunate in their affairs. They get victory, sometimes, but they never get good will, which would be of more use to them." - Benjamin Franklin

and yeah, listen to your wife.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby nowonmai » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Pelton's reportage as incisively accurate as ever.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:29 pm

"Why don't you ban me then Pelton?"

Because I and other moderators ban stupid, boring people who don't add to the woof and weave of the Flag. There is no doubt that you are a person who has experience and opinions worth listening to but channeling insults and anger towards a person who doesn't actually reciprocate in kind shows your character faults, not hers. You are completely capable of banning yourself or even turning off Penta with the ignore function. So when you stray from normal emotional and mental functioning you remind me of a retarded kid who would hit dogs and cats with sticks thinking that it entertained adults. Clearly Penta gets under your skin even though she doesn't make IEDs or hit kittens with shovels to try to impress the tough guys.

You are gifted with a great intellect and have vast and interesting things to say about many topics, it degrades your intellectual position to pretend that a) you dont' care what Penta thinks and b) that others don't wonder why you can't focus some anger on some people and acts that are more deserving of rage and anger. I suppose its a function of stress and not really having someone to get mad add. Either way its worth looking at the best and worst of your posts and asking yourself some tough questions.

As for the other comments about why this obsession with "cunt" and "older woman" seems to be sexually frustrated, UK thing, I think Fenrisco may be closest to the truth. It also reminds of road rage where you watch some guy go off on a little old lady chugging along in her lane. And as I keep saying doing all this on the internet means even if you win you still look retarded. A man only calls his best friends "cunts", he doesn't waste his time insulting his enemies. :)
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:07 am

Fenrisco wrote:
RYP wrote:Any shrinks out there who can dissect why Flipflop and Nowanmai seem obsessed with Penta?

You have to understand the intricate failings of the British school system. An unwritten code of ethics restrains completely batty female teachers to the primary or "reception" classes that one joins at the age of four or five, since that is where they are thought to do the least damage to children (insane male teachers tend to gravitate towards the all-male world of the private preparatory school, where they feel more at home).

Unfortunately, this means that the sad majority of British boys progress from the gentle and generally agreeable arms of Mother, directly into the less favorable claws of some hideous passed-over senile cat lady with delusions of adequacy, personal hygiene problems and commonly a sense of logic derived in equal parts from uncritical readings of Mary Poppins, Hilaire Belloc and Aleister Crowley.

As you can imagine, this leaves us a bit touchy.

Lucky guy, the teacher I had from age 5 to 7 was a complete psycho nutjob that had her own child taken off her by Children's Aid Society, proving she was completely suited to teaching primary grades.

Sounds like I missed some crap going down here due to having to work.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:42 am

i have nothing but the utmost respect for good kindergarten teachers, the amount of energy and goodwill it takes to manage, much less educate a large group of five year olds is mind-boggling.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby pritchard » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:31 am

Penta will be missed. It's an open forum and everyone who is interested enough to visit should be (more or less) welcomed.
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children."
- John James Audubon
pritchard
Snow Ninja

Postby nowonmai » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:12 am

Listen, and understand. That Pentanator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are red.

In the Pentanator's case, that's not a year by which she'll be back, it's a time.

Unless it is already back - regenerated under a different series name and with a new email address. Mentalist.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Zero » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:28 am

Penta wrote:Image

Who is this girl? I'd hit it.
Zero
Salva Nos

Postby bikertrash » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:51 am

nowonmai wrote:Image

Listen, and understand. That Pentanator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are red.

In the Pentanator's case, that's not a year by which she'll be back, it's a time.

Unless it is already back - regenerated under a different series name and with a new email address. Mentalist.

I love to fight. I claim no alliegance to any sworn doctrine.This is the internet, subsetted by a particular group of interest. To post here is to invite review, by it's intrinsic, understood by all, nature. To attempt to overththrow is so ridiculous it only can be rectified by self reflection. If you so succeed, everyone who enjoys just discorse will leave.
bikertrash

Postby nowonmai » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:10 am

Profound. I'm almost moist.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby realrescue3 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:15 am

Capitalism=Crises wrote:I don´t blame you at all, penta. There has got to be greener pastures than here. My wife has told me several times to leave this board as there´s too many twisted creeps running the show. I think I just might leave as well.

twisted ? Define twisted...
realrescue3
Breedus Ecuadorus

Postby bikertrash » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:33 am

nowonmai wrote:Profound. I'm almost moist.

Yeah, your right, mea culpa, mea motherfucking culpa, It must be nice to be so moist. C-ya out there.
bikertrash

Postby nowonmai » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:39 am

bikertrash wrote:
nowonmai wrote:Profound. I'm almost moist.

Yeah, your right, mea culpa, mea motherfucking culpa, It must be nice to be so moist. C-ya out there.

Fascinating convo though that was, natch, I couldn't actually discern a point so just went with the flow. I do like to humour people, it's one of my faults.

From memory the last person that threatened to disappear (repeatedly) was JITW but it was ages before he really did disappear apart from the odd apparition. ROB did disappear but without threats to do so - good call. Dogtanian goes away then comes back and goes again when adulation for being within the same time zone as some shots fired isn't universal. Shivers fucked off without so much as a by your leave, and comes back to talk about food occasionally. Yorick carked it. Mike goes away for long periods and comes back on mad Irish benders.

My take is that the pentanator is hoping to change up because her schtick has run its course and latterly she'd run out of admirers - so it's like a virtual suicide where she can see who comes to mourn at her gently swinging size 9s and then return to a new playboard with sympathy cells recharged in due course. The 60s throwback traitor is probably off on another Saga Holiday to Venezuela for a couple of weeks and thought she'd drop a pebble in the pool and see what happens.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby realrescue3 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:51 am

I actually agree with some views here as to Penta being alot left of center, and I usually dont get on with those folks so well...

that being said I do believe they have a place in society, beating thier heads against walls, chaining themselves together in protest
and holding flower power tree hugger parades. Yes there is a place for the annoying Whirled Peas crowd, one
that keeps a balance and us right wingers in check.

A necessary evil if you will....
realrescue3
Breedus Ecuadorus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe