Scams: The Telephone Version Of Spammers

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Scams: The Telephone Version Of Spammers

Postby RYP » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Ever get those annoying Bangladeshi sales calls who could give a shit about blocked calls, US laws etc? I am gonna guess that most of them are random but there is this cool service. In the last month I had some guy from India asking who I was so I just answered my phone "Criminal investigation division, can I have your full name and current address please" Scammers don't like to be scammed . There there are the people that insist that I call them back to some unknown number that bills the shit out of your bill or the dudes who insist that someone ordered products and needs to pay for them. In the old days you would punch their number into your fax machine and have at em. Here is a step in the right direction.

http://www.trapcall.com/features

So...Wanna know what TrapCall is all about?
Sure, it unmasks annoying blocked calls, but that's not all.

Number unmasking!

Trapcall will unblock and reveal the actual caller ID when a call has been blocked. No software or download needed!

Block unwanted callers!

Stop getting harassing phone calls! Block any caller and let them hear the "Number Disconnected" message.

Record your calls!

A first in mobile phones, record all of your incoming calls! For information about how to make sure you are doing this legally, read this.

Caller ID and name of caller!

You won't only see the number of the person calling, but you'll also see their full name!

Voicemail transcriptions!

Read your voicemail messages via SMS while in a meeting, class, movie or other busy area! Please note that the transcription is done by individuals, not machines, so by signing up for this service you are giving permission for the transcribers to listen to your voicemails. See here for details.

Online Management!

You can access your Trapcall account from any device. Just Login Here to access your account! You may also access your recorded voicemails online instantly as MP3 files!
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Return to Black Flag Cafe