A red card surely?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

A red card surely?

Postby Caliban » Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/wor ... icle/1224/

Player booked for diving had suffered heart attack

A Croatian footballer booked for diving had actually dropped dead of a heart attack.
Goran Tunjic, a 32-year-old defender playing for the Mladost FC, collapsed in the 35th minute of the County League match against Hrvatski Sokola, prompting the referee to approach the player with yellow card in his hand.

Tragically, however, the player had suffered a fatal heart attack.

The official quickly realised what had happened and called for medical aid, but Tunjic died despite being rushed to a nearby hospital.

"Doctors tried to help him but there was nothing they could do," a club spokesman said of the player, who had no previous medical problems.

"He just fell dead on the spot."

Surely that should have been a red card once the ref. realised he was going to have to send the player off the pitch?
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Return to Black Flag Cafe