Now a Doctor

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby flipflop » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Dr. Whoore wrote:
flipflop wrote:It's her again, or at least one of them is the old cunt

Cheers

No its not. Christ almighty, you could see a giant lake reptile up in Scotland and say "It's her, I could tell by the flippers and the snake-like neck."

I changed a spammer login in an attempt at a comedic effect to an e-mail that has been circulating.

Whatever, I nailed her last time AGAIN when you yourself doubted me. I have this uncanny ability, its called being FUCKING RIGHT ABOUT YOU CUNTS, ALL THE TIME. And her BFC stooge believes I did it by some stalking software lol. I get paid to pay attention to detail, things out of the ordinary, other shit, counter surveillance baby, works just fine online too.That old cunt is easy to pick out, trust me.

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 pm

nowonmai wrote:
flipflop wrote:I'll go for Dr Hoo-er, the other is J

Cheers

I guess other way round. Men call women whores, women tend to use other terms.

Or is it a pseudogang?

Either way it diverts from fansy's purpose because it casts anyone questioning vlindsay as being a nutter and is as useful to her as Jabhat al-Nusra is to Assad.

True, he should do as much research as possible to get to the bottom of whatever bottom there is that needs arrival.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Queen Erik » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:22 pm

flipflop wrote:
Dr. Whoore wrote:
flipflop wrote:It's her again, or at least one of them is the old cunt

Cheers

No its not. Christ almighty, you could see a giant lake reptile up in Scotland and say "It's her, I could tell by the flippers and the snake-like neck."

I changed a spammer login in an attempt at a comedic effect to an e-mail that has been circulating.

Whatever, I nailed her last time AGAIN when you yourself doubted me. I have this uncanny ability, its called being FUCKING RIGHT ABOUT YOU CUNTS, ALL THE TIME. And her BFC stooge believes I did it by some stalking software lol. I get paid to pay attention to detail, things out of the ordinary, other shit, counter surveillance baby, works just fine online too.That old cunt is easy to pick out, trust me.

Cheers

Yep, you were right about it on numerous occasions. I especially liked the ones where they were "its not me, but its a good friend of mine who happens to use my wifi and posts exactly like me except when I put on exaggerated typos and Americanisms....We suck ya'll down with Allende!!!!

But I think I see this thread for the mock serious tone it really is so I was having fun with it. In spite of my (Kurt) accusations about being serious about this.
Queen Erik

Postby Fansy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Kurt wrote:
nowonmai wrote:

Cheers

Or is it a pseudogang?

Either way it diverts from fansy's purpose because it casts anyone questioning vlindsay as being a nutter and is as useful to her as Jabhat al-Nusra is to Assad.

True, he should do as much research as possible to get to the bottom of whatever bottom there is that needs arrival.

If you search the expression "christ almighty" in the search function here on the BFC, you find that the two main users of the expression in the last 2-3 years are Kurt (with 4 hits) and ColdHarvest (with 2).

I bet it's coldharvest?
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Fansy wrote:
Kurt wrote:
nowonmai wrote:

Cheers

Or is it a pseudogang?

If you search the expression "christ almighty" in the search function here on the BFC, you find that the two main users of the expression in the last 2-3 years are Kurt (with 4 hits) and ColdHarvest (with 2).

I bet it's coldharvest?

Its me.

But I am flattered. Midwesterners and Canadians share a similar manner of speech.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fansy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Queen Erik wrote:But I think I see this thread for the mock serious tone it really is so I was having fun with it. In spite of my (Kurt) accusations about being serious about this.

I think you hope it's not serious. I think you are also scared it's about you and vlindsay and not her thesis. I don't care about you and vlindsay as long as there were no ethical trespasses with regard to her thesis. If there are, once again it's not about you. So chill and don't have a meltdown. In fact, if you are taking it so light-hearted, I'd love for you to go on the record when the time comes about whatever happened between you, Dr. V, and the thesis. However, as I mentioned, this is a process and I'm nowhere near that.

But you could go ahead and type up the nature of your relationship with her and your experiences with her during the period of active research, wherein many ethical considerations existed and PM it to me if you are getting impatient. I'll send you specific questions later. In fact I haven't yet scoped the dates of her official research, but I will in short order (a day or two), and you might be able to help me with that.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:41 pm

I reckon 35 pages at least, anyone want to give me odds on that?

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Kurt wrote:
Fansy wrote:
nowonmai wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the thesis? I'm told it is a riveting read full of cast iron factual information with due academic diligence provided to the assertions therein.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

RYP has a copy, after all he read it and also confirms it was done ethically and professionally. maybe he can pass one on to forum members? how bout it Robert? and thanks for the new sig.

btw how long do you think until more people are banned for discussing the forbidden topics of the thesis and vlindsay?

Lots and lots of people are gonna be banned.

I will ban legion.

This is not for peons to disseminate, this is for the elite to know and then to bestow the proper interpretations upon you.

ALL HAIL THE THESIS!!!!!

The new flesh will rise. It will rise indeed!

Quoting the Bible and Videodrome in the same post. Always a pleasure to read.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:06 pm

flipflop wrote:I reckon 35 pages at least, anyone want to give me odds on that?

Cheers

I only doubt you when it is funny to do so.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby svizzerams » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:10 pm

flipflop wrote:I reckon 35 pages at least, anyone want to give me odds on that?

Cheers

Oh look. You're back. Hi.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby flipflop » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Sorry correction, the beast with two backs is really a sandwich, or a beast with three backs, two female with a J-man filling. The stooge here is the third back.

You sly little cunts

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:15 pm

Fansy wrote:
Queen Erik wrote:But I think I see this thread for the mock serious tone it really is so I was having fun with it. In spite of my (Kurt) accusations about being serious about this.

I think you hope it's not serious. I think you are also scared it's about you and vlindsay and not her thesis. I don't care about you and vlindsay as long as there were no ethical trespasses with regard to her thesis. If there are, once again it's not about you. So chill and don't have a meltdown. In fact, if you are taking it so light-hearted, I'd love for you to go on the record when the time comes about whatever happened between you, Dr. V, and the thesis. However, as I mentioned, this is a process and I'm nowhere near that.

But you could go ahead and type up the nature of your relationship with her and your experiences with her during the period of active research, wherein many ethical considerations existed and PM it to me if you are getting impatient. I'll send you specific questions later. In fact I haven't yet scoped the dates of her official research, but I will in short order (a day or two), and you might be able to help me with that.

I am chill and there is no meltdown happening.

Those who have met me know I have vowed never to go on the record on this board about anything. I made an announcement as such at a dinner table filled with flaggers once and that was actually respected by those people who have met me IRL since nothing was ever mentioned in writing or in public (gossip perhaps...like the real source of this "issue") during this time because people respected both my wishes and saw that I did not act contradictory to my promise, nor will I start now.

I mean, I got the e-mail too, so I know what this is about but I am not going to comment on it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fansy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:19 am

Those who have met me know I have vowed never to go on the record on this board about anything.

noted. seems to protect you as much as anyone, but i understand the sentiment nonetheless.

I made an announcement as such at a dinner table filled with flaggers once and that was actually respected by those people who have met me IRL since nothing was ever mentioned in writing or in public (gossip perhaps...like the real source of this "issue") during this time because people respected both my wishes and saw that I did not act contradictory to my promise, nor will I start now.

That's great kurt. but I'm sorry that you continue to misunderstand what this about. whether I believe jaegar's story or not, (and all unverified/unverifiable information he shares/claims about the tens of flaggers he names, including: vlindsay (not a real research participant, a researcher who needed to abide by certain ethical standards), jaegar, penta, svizzerams, moosehead, kurt, mikethehack, Pam, Rickshaw, Naveen, and others) is not the issue. Not only is it, like I said, filled with unverifiable information, but also his drama with Dr. V is also only tangentially connected to the thesis and not really my huge concern.

Since you are not trained in ethics, as you repeatedly point out, you may not understand the seriousness of any allegation which undermines Dr. V's claim to avoiding role conflict, not going native, and ultimately protecting the privacy and the rights of the research participants. My original complaint in the TFHC forum predated jaegar's release of his story by several days if not weeks at least. When my light-hearted concerns were met with indifference, scorn, and stonewalling, you all piqued my interest and ire.

So yes Jaegar's story is truly a juicy read. It is available to anyone who wants it and many already have it. But ultimately I don't have to prove 99% of the lurid details of his story are true to determine whether the conduct of Dr. V's research was correct. I only need to compare what vlindsay claims in the thesis versus what is on the record of happening and what people will go on record for having happened.

Some of those rules (green) and claims (red) include, from the DR. V's BFC thesis:

Kerr and Hiltz (1982) note two main dangers in computer-mediated participant observation: going native and role conflict. The fact that I had visited Afghanistan assisted in establishing credibility but it also increased the risk of going native, which is defined generally as when a researcher “identif[ies] so closely with one’s subjects [thatone] inadvertently skews his description and analysis of the world being portrayed” (Monti 1992, p.326). Within computer-mediated communication, going native is described as “involving oneself in the group to the extent that objectivity is lost” (Paccagnella 1997, p.6) to the point of negatively influencing behaviour both in the field and in data analysis(Monti 1992). Within an online forum it is difficult to distinguish between participating and becoming the phenomenon studied (Jorgensen 1989), as the researcher’s actions cannot be removed from the field without removing meaning from the data (Tedlock 1991).
Although a period of active participation (Adler and Adler 1987) was required to gain full membership of the group, this did not correspond with an equivalent emotional or physical involvement, so objectivity was maintained. Hammersley and Atkinson (1995) suggested that the researcher should attempt to become a marginal native. The nature of the research (periods of participant observation followed by data collection and analysis) meant that my participation in the forum could be scaled down during certain phases of the research, allowing me to step back from the forum and its participants to take a more dispassionate view.

Role conflict is described as the conflict between the goals of the group and those of the research or researcher (Kerr and Hiltz 1982) and the potential for ethical conflicts between the group’s possibly illegal activities and the views of the researcher (Lee 1993). The subject of distressing and illegal activities is explored in Section 3.12.4. The development of a research protocol (Appendix 12.1), which ensured a professional as opposed to deeply personal involvement within the forum, also assisted me in maintaining my distance from the forum members.

I actually have a much longer list, as claims of navigating ethical dilemmas are peppered throughout. These happen to be the ones I already previous noted in the TFHC before jaegar had released any email or anyone had contacted me about their side of the drama - a drama which I had no idea potentially involved so many people and on the face of it runs the risk of compromising Dr. V's entire thesis and completion of her degree.

But maybe my gut here is wrong and maybe within all this mess the thesis and its research have remained untainted. I think we will find out.

So like I told all of those banned when offers of their perspectives came in via facebook: Kurt, I would love to hear your side. A blog posting, a private message, an email, whatever would be great. All the juicy details are not really my business, but a summary of events and the nature of your relationship might make it easier to verify whether Dr. V did or did not fulfill all her ethical obligations while conducting research on the BFC. If you care about your vow or yourself or those implicated more than you care about the truth and possible wrongdoing, I cannot fault you. But you're only doing yourself a disservice as well as the people here at the BFC who relied upon you and Robert to look out for their interests as participants.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:01 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In0Gb7x3VBk[/youtube]
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe