Now a Doctor

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:56 am

and my brother Dr Martin

Can you get me a good deal on a pair of boots?

Congratulations tho. If you have to actually read maches posts you deserve more than a doctorate.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:23 am

yes. congratulations. :)
and when you're published, will your writing be available to the general public?
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:59 am

Why did this get sticky-ed and realrescue3's thread didn't?
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Dr. V » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:34 pm

michelle in alaska wrote:and when you're published, will your writing be available to the general public?

Academic publications are available to anyone who subscribes to the publishing journal either via an e-library or a physical academic library. However as its unlikely that many of the regular flaggers have access to academic journals (let alone the obscure ones which I will publish in) we agreed that I would send copies of journal articles to any interested regular forum members.

If I rewrote the thesis into a book that would be for sale....... however as academic books are not exactly a lucrative sideline and are done more for kudos than anything else its not high on my list of things to do.
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:51 pm

vlindsay wrote:
michelle in alaska wrote:and when you're published, will your writing be available to the general public?

Academic publications are available to anyone who subscribes to the publishing journal either via an e-library or a physical academic library. However as its unlikely that many of the regular flaggers have access to academic journals (let alone the obscure ones which I will publish in) we agreed that I would send copies of journal articles to any interested regular forum members.

If I rewrote the thesis into a book that would be for sale....... however as academic books are not exactly a lucrative sideline and are done more for kudos than anything else its not high on my list of things to do.

well. up until recently, i worked in a library for several years. not being a 'regular forum member', i am looking forward to reading what you wrote via the several public databases that will hopefully allow access. :)

and b) i hope you reconsider putting a book out on your thesis. there's a story to be told here and you are just the person to do it.
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Congratulations!
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:53 pm

well cmon post a link to the dissertation so we can see how full of shit it is
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 pm

vlindsay wrote:

hook a brotha up. i'll take a copy.
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Farmdog » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Congratulations, any chance to see the full document?
Farmdog
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:31 pm

i'd like to read it too :)
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby shivers » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:49 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:If you have to actually read maches posts you deserve more than a doctorate.

+1

Seriously, congratulations Dr V!

Love the new moniker.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby roach coach » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:01 pm

vlindsay wrote:

Congrats! Let me know what academic journal, I think I could find it in our university library.
..................__
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
........\.................'...../
.........'\............. _.·´
...........\..............(
............\..............\
BROFIST
roach coach
BFCus Regularus

Postby shivers » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:11 pm

roach coach wrote:Let me know what academic journal, I think I could find it in our university library.

Yes, let us know. Hopefully, the publisher will allow you to place a preprint in an open access repository. If so, please do!
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dr. V » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:59 pm

I shall let you know when the full thesis is ready for public consumption. I'll also advise of publications / journals etc. when I have sorted that side of things out (and/or pdf's for those without university library access).

Sadly my brother doesn't offer cut price Dr Martins - but if you fancied some space dust, bits of meteorites or someone to fix your Scott's Pi and Cohen's Kappa he's your man.
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby soulohio » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:42 pm

thee are many different avenues for you to offer your thesis in a readable-downloadable format. considering the relative shite that gets a place on the internet everyday, your tome is the least of concerns for semi-mass consumption.

by the way.....academic writings are only as worthy as you yourself feel they are....all idea(l)s are the same...
where are you going? why don't you walk the wheel with us? what is the matter my american friend? what has upset you?
soulohio
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe