Now a Doctor

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby RYP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:55 am

very creative. Hippies used to sing along with Country Joe and the Fish....and they still went to Vietnam
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Zero » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:46 am

nowonmai wrote:Hate to break it to you but the number of mentions of 'zero' in the 378 pages is...zero. That'll teach you to post logical, interesting things.

I'm actually ok with that.
Zero
Salva Nos

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Free PhD for anyone who can come up with a fabulous yet convincing backstory for Zero based only on his name, avatar, sig line, and whatever the technical term is for the nickname, "Salva Nos."

I'll start. "While his nickname, which is Greek for "Save the Noses" implies that he is either a Greek otolaryngologist, or perhaps an anti-plastic surgery activist, his posts only included mention of noses twice in four years, both times in reference to punching celebrities. This suggests...."
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby RYP » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:13 am

I think I am in that satanic thesis. I am outraged that I didn't get some of that gravy everyone else seemed to get but I was denied because of my race or views on horse racing.

It has taken me five years to think of that...thanks to a carefully typed out note that I am reading slowly from... from the woman whose name shall not be mentioned.
RYP

Postby nowonmai » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:31 am

friendlyskies wrote:Free PhD for anyone who can come up with a fabulous yet convincing backstory for Zero based only on his name, avatar, sig line, and whatever the technical term is for the nickname, "Salva Nos."

I'll start. "While his nickname, which is Greek for "Save the Noses" implies that he is either a Greek otolaryngologist, or perhaps an anti-plastic surgery activist, his posts only included mention of noses twice in four years, both times in reference to punching celebrities. This suggests...."

Zero is a pimp. Obviously, because his nickname is whores backwards. He is therefore in fact the Mr Hyde to Rickshaw, who thinks the Yorkshire Ripper had a point. They have never been seen online at the same time, and it is said that when the moon is in its third phase, Mr Zero walks the streets of the BFC,defiling the pure body of rickshaw so that when he wakes in the morning, with no memory of the night before he cannot understand why is ring is killing him and someone has written Sissy Boy on his chest with eye shadow.

How's that?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Athena » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:46 am

Am I the only one getting the impression the RYP would be the kind of host who'd invite you to the house for the weekend, and when your Rolex went missing would laugh it off and say "oh yeah, my housekeeper steals."
Athena
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:09 am

then again...you had better have had a Rolex when you clocked in correct?
RYP

Postby coldharvest » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:11 am

Please note that the topics discussed, opinions expressed and/or information provided in this forum are those of fellow forum participants only. Neither Robert Young Pelton, nor ComeBackAlive.com Inc., nor Ingle International Inc., nor any other person or entity involved in the creation or maintenance of this site, takes any responsibility or provides any endorsement for the topics discussed, opinions expressed or information provided in this forum. Any advice or information taken from this forum is entirely at your own risk.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Fansy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:17 am

this thread will not die 1 page short of its destiny as ordained on high.

the drama as it has unfolded and the players as they have taken part...its all fairly straightforward to even the casual observer at this point. the 1 million problems with the thesis are readily apparent to anyone who can read a paragraph or two. the dank, dark, and dirty behaviors of your self-serving mods and leaders have been revealed. watch as their maggot-infested lies writhe and shrivel when exposed to the light of day. the equivocation and apathy of the unwashed masses...also coming through clear as day.

thank you ryp for making a good knife. also, when i ordered the license to kill book (the only one of your books i've ever cracked) and you sent it late, you also sent me a free dp shirt as recompense. which i wore and enjoyed. thanks for that. long ago in the heady days of my youth and enthusiasm i stuck a dp sticker on the last page of my passport book, which i happily caught shit for everywhere i went from immigration officials and airport shitbirds, including this spring with a letter of warning from the US embassy in sweden when they stuck a bunch more pages in my filled up passport (which had been shipped to them from Iran). so thanks for the good stuff.

regarding the vlindsay drama, i don't believe the thesis was conducted in a way that supports real goodness, knowledge, or progress. i believe that many participants in this community, for whatever reason, are not highly concerned with either their own welfare or with the welfare of those in the world around them. either that or they feel no responsibility to help prevent others being taken advantage of by vlindsay as they were. this wet-noodle, lukewarm, mediocre, lack-of-conviction, stumbling-through-of-life with little regard for things of meaning that goes on here quite a bit of the time lately is just not my cup of tea. and re: ryp's alternating pontius pilate/petulant tyrant routine, i don't believe that the head of this community does enough to exemplify or ensure respect, fairness, transparency, or any other relevant virtue of universal value here at home in his own domain. for everyone's sake i hope he does a better job of it for the people he claims, in this thread, to help around the world.

adventure is great and shit, but in the end just like everything else its an easy and pointless way to pass the time if it's not done with some greater good in mind, and if it's not conducted in a way where certain personal rules are upheld, rules relating to personal integrity, fairness, and duty. these are the basic rules for being a real human, male or female, which ensure that the nook we carve out for ourselves in this world has meaning and benefit beyond our own immature desires, whether it be for family, friends, nation, or other humans and humanity at large. i can't justify wasting my time in a place that doesn't support some of the basic ideals and rules i personally endeavor to live by. its all too short and it goes by too fast. plus who knows when i'm traveling again. and if i do, it won't be with people who think lying, cheating, and fucking each other over is funny or ok. i just have higher standards for the company i voluntarily keep.

so catch me on facebook or wherever, or pm if you need somethin. peace.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby OneLungMcClung » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:24 am

Fansy wrote:so catch me on Facebook or wherever, or pm if you need somethin. peace.

You'll be back. They always come back.
Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Fansy, dear Fansy Holden Caulfield of the BFC, most of your points are well-made, really they are, but to what end I don't know, you are pissing in the wind and you've achieved much sound and fury ultimately signifying not much, except to expose that often people's motivations are not pure. Your disullisionment is palatable.

Not to worry, it's behind us. You are young and you can look forward to more of the same let-down, over & over, in all areas and walks of your life. It's just how it is, or it's just how people are, and you can be certain to be disappointed, your sensibiliites will be offended and you will discover again and again that people are not always what they say they are as this forum has illustrated.

Depressing? Yes, if you take it to heart but consider in abstract my grandma's adage "the world doesn't owe you a living", meaning don't expect the big bad world to adapt to your own sense of right and propriety, professional & personal, because that's not going to happen.

Fine. Storm off to the generic Facebook. Continue to play in Penta's/Jaeger's/Vlindsay's psycho-drama if that's what you want, but I sense that you are better than that & I know that they are beneath you, so why roll around in the mud with them? It is never to late to walk away and cut the cord that binds you to them. You have been used. A few people here have been used, even RYP has been used. There ain't nobody that is gonna make that right or that's gonna make it right that Vicky got her thesis while you think she doesn't deserve it or that she earned it by dishonorable & dishonest means. So how about just chalking it up, calling it a day and bouncing back? This 1st World problem ain't even a hill of beans.

You people & your credentials, you crack me up.
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:49 pm

For the record...

1) a person writes a document in which she uses openly available material and interviews willing participants. It has a readership less than the occupants of a VW combi van. Any one at any time can write whatever they want about this forum and the people that inhabit it.

2) she has a social life which includes some of the members of this forum. Anyone can have coitus, or not have coitus with anyone on this forum without my permission. If someone is found to be abusing someone through this forum then they are removed.

3) 5 years later an obsessive person who was kicked off this forum for questionable behavior begins to stir things up. Great clamoring ensues. She was removed. She insists that she was only helping. Once again, everyone is entitled to their opinion and view of whatever topic they want. Even if its wrong or deliberately misstated.

4) People who have not read or even seen the document begin to fight like rats in a barrel over said document. Pitchforks and sticks with nails in them are waved using a new invention called the internet. The document is innocuous, contains opinions, statistical information and in no way was designed to be harmful, insulting or malicious. You are free to form any opinion you want but constantly misstating the contents or purpose of said thesis without having read it...is silly and very pitchforky.

5) When the owner of said forum asks for facts....said waving of pitchforks an sticks with nails in them are presented as clear evidence of yet to be determined illegalities and wrong doing. I can admire some one's fear of an obscure document and I can admire a certain person's badger in a cage approach to obsessive shit disturbing and a I can endure with diffident grace the eternal grumpiness of a certain duo. But I cannot under any circumstances force you to type things into the internet...nor can you force me to give a shit about said tempest in the thesis teacup.

If there is an apology to be made its in this forum's ability to support fictional and real narratives amongst very nice people. A person who seems pleasant and helpful can in reality a manipulative, scheming harridan. A callous, dismissive poster can be a concerned, reliable person. The Flagger's I have met in person are good people. If you have damaged yourself by creating too much of gap between who you really are and what you type...Well then maybe there is the stress.

On the internet you are what you type. In the real world you are what you actually do. So Fansy have proven my point by your own statements. I am always available to discuss your specific concerns in person, over the phone or via email.

So if your faith and trust ends when your laptop powers down.. then so be it. Your friends at the Flag also exist in the real world when the little red light goes off.
RYP

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Well said RYP. Now can we please let this retarded thread die?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:17 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Well said RYP. Now can we please let this retarded thread die?

Not until FF prediction of 35 pages come true.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe