Now a Doctor

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:56 am

and my brother Dr Martin


Can you get me a good deal on a pair of boots?

















Congratulations tho. If you have to actually read maches posts you deserve more than a doctorate.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8921
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:23 am

yes. congratulations. :)
and when you're published, will your writing be available to the general public?
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:45 am

Postby el3so » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:59 am

Why did this get sticky-ed and realrescue3's thread didn't?
she isn't a man you need to shut your fucking mouth little pussy bitch - random Youtube comment
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 7921
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby Dr. V » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:34 pm

michelle in alaska wrote:and when you're published, will your writing be available to the general public?


Academic publications are available to anyone who subscribes to the publishing journal either via an e-library or a physical academic library. However as its unlikely that many of the regular flaggers have access to academic journals (let alone the obscure ones which I will publish in) we agreed that I would send copies of journal articles to any interested regular forum members.

If I rewrote the thesis into a book that would be for sale....... however as academic books are not exactly a lucrative sideline and are done more for kudos than anything else its not high on my list of things to do.
User avatar
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus
 
Posts: 1567
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby michelle in alaska » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:51 pm

vlindsay wrote:
michelle in alaska wrote:and when you're published, will your writing be available to the general public?


Academic publications are available to anyone who subscribes to the publishing journal either via an e-library or a physical academic library. However as its unlikely that many of the regular flaggers have access to academic journals (let alone the obscure ones which I will publish in) we agreed that I would send copies of journal articles to any interested regular forum members.

If I rewrote the thesis into a book that would be for sale....... however as academic books are not exactly a lucrative sideline and are done more for kudos than anything else its not high on my list of things to do.


well. up until recently, i worked in a library for several years. not being a 'regular forum member', i am looking forward to reading what you wrote via the several public databases that will hopefully allow access. :)

and b) i hope you reconsider putting a book out on your thesis. there's a story to be told here and you are just the person to do it.
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:45 am

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby Woodsman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Congratulations!
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
User avatar
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 7426
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Enchanted forests

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby Fansy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:53 pm

well cmon post a link to the dissertation so we can see how full of shit it is
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
User avatar
Fansy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2921
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:40 pm
Location: Bernie Country

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby kilroy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 pm

vlindsay wrote:
michelle in alaska wrote:and when you're published, will your writing be available to the general public?


Academic publications are available to anyone who subscribes to the publishing journal either via an e-library or a physical academic library. However as its unlikely that many of the regular flaggers have access to academic journals (let alone the obscure ones which I will publish in) we agreed that I would send copies of journal articles to any interested regular forum members.

If I rewrote the thesis into a book that would be for sale....... however as academic books are not exactly a lucrative sideline and are done more for kudos than anything else its not high on my list of things to do.


hook a brotha up. i'll take a copy.
User avatar
kilroy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5691
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:34 am
Location: Alabambam

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby Farmdog » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Congratulations, any chance to see the full document?
User avatar
Farmdog
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: Your Mom's house

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby marie-angelique » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:31 pm

i'd like to read it too :)
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
User avatar
marie-angelique
Coonass
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:24 am
Location: over the rainbow

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby shivers » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:49 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:If you have to actually read maches posts you deserve more than a doctorate.


+1

Seriously, congratulations Dr V!

Love the new moniker.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
User avatar
shivers
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:23 pm
Location: eating refried beans

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby roach coach » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:01 pm

vlindsay wrote:
michelle in alaska wrote:and when you're published, will your writing be available to the general public?


Academic publications are available to anyone who subscribes to the publishing journal either via an e-library or a physical academic library. However as its unlikely that many of the regular flaggers have access to academic journals (let alone the obscure ones which I will publish in) we agreed that I would send copies of journal articles to any interested regular forum members.

If I rewrote the thesis into a book that would be for sale....... however as academic books are not exactly a lucrative sideline and are done more for kudos than anything else its not high on my list of things to do.


Congrats! Let me know what academic journal, I think I could find it in our university library.
..................__
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
........\.................'...../
.........'\............. _.·´
...........\..............(
............\..............\
BROFIST
User avatar
roach coach
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:37 pm
Location: All over Northern California

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby shivers » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:11 pm

roach coach wrote:Let me know what academic journal, I think I could find it in our university library.


Yes, let us know. Hopefully, the publisher will allow you to place a preprint in an open access repository. If so, please do!
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
User avatar
shivers
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:23 pm
Location: eating refried beans

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby Dr. V » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:59 pm

I shall let you know when the full thesis is ready for public consumption. I'll also advise of publications / journals etc. when I have sorted that side of things out (and/or pdf's for those without university library access).

Sadly my brother doesn't offer cut price Dr Martins - but if you fancied some space dust, bits of meteorites or someone to fix your Scott's Pi and Cohen's Kappa he's your man.
User avatar
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus
 
Posts: 1567
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: Dr V Lindsay

Postby soulohio » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:42 pm

thee are many different avenues for you to offer your thesis in a readable-downloadable format. considering the relative shite that gets a place on the internet everyday, your tome is the least of concerns for semi-mass consumption.

by the way.....academic writings are only as worthy as you yourself feel they are....all idea(l)s are the same...
where are you going? why don't you walk the wheel with us? what is the matter my american friend? what has upset you?
User avatar
soulohio
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2635
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Medellín, Colombia

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests