I goddam hate hippies

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

I goddam hate hippies

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:10 pm

There's a bar I go to that's full of them. I go to observe the narcissism...the ponytails and tattoos and the hypersensitivity when talking about race and culture. Most are around 50 or 55 years old. So yesterday I was talking to a nice young pragmatic dude who's wife is a doctor when this middle-aged asshole butted in on our conversation so I deliberately brought up how Europeans are such fucking hypocrites because they berate Americans on human rights issues but in turn treat the Roma like shit. It was great because it turned out that the woman he was with was from Croatia so my instincts were dead on. She was abhored by what I said and then of course he brought up the T-shirt I was wearing that said TEXAS!!! on it. Like that matters. The truth is he was probably pissed off that his woman was staring at me...at a guy wearing a Texas T-shirt of all things. Fucking hippie piece of shit. The bartender sided with me because she's not a middle-aged hippie. He probably reminded her of her parents.

Die baby boomers die.
Sri Lanky
 

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby nowonmai » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:24 pm

You always talk about women like they're squaws belonging to their men, what's that all about?
User avatar
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 11542
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 pm

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:31 pm

Only a goddam hippie would say something like that.
Sri Lanky
 

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:42 pm

but in turn treat the Roma like shit.


Well to be fair, them Roma keep stealin shit.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby Woodsman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:07 pm

I am clueless as to what a hippie is and/or why people hate them.

I read what you wrote, but I have to say I am still confused.

I am not sure if I am ever going to understand this.

The only people I know who I would consider hippies are the younger musical festival crowds and their parents. One of the parents juggles fire at one of these festivals. He has long ass gray hair and a big ass bushy gray beard and is as skinny as a rail. He dresses like a combination of Merlin and a carnie. I am not sure what his views on the whole Europe thing you mentioned. Most of these "hippie" folks I know are entrepreneurs that don't really give a shit about doing it all for money, but rather doing something they enjoy for cash and not having "the man" take it all from them.

I don't have anything against the hippie crowds I know. I think the ones I know are more accepting of non-traditional lifestyles (not necessarily meaning gay folks, but rather those who consider 9 to 5 just numbers and not associated with their work schedules). That's pretty cool in my book.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
User avatar
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 7427
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Enchanted forests

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby Sri Lanky » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:56 pm

American hippies are more authentic than their Canadian countercultureparts. I should have titled it "I hate goddam European and Canadian hippies".
Sri Lanky
 

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby The Tourist » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:05 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:Die baby boomers die.


The vast majority of 'boomers (and I am one) were never hippies nor professed to follow that lifestyle. In fact, the 'real hippies' tried to clean up the Haight-Ashbury section of San Francisco, hence the name. It stood for Haight Improvement Plan.

We have had bums, hobos, easy riders and outright thieves long before the 1960s. In fact, the video generation is even lazier than the hippies.

Yeah, I had shoulder length hair, most bikers did. But I had a job, I paid for my own bike and I put myself through college--just like +90% of the rest of that generation.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb23 ... 0439-1.jpg
The Tourist
You are the weakest link – Goodbye
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:15 am

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby Ultra Swain » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:29 am

The Tourist wrote:
Sri Lanky wrote:Die baby boomers die.


The vast majority of 'boomers (and I am one) were never hippies nor professed to follow that lifestyle. In fact, the 'real hippies' tried to clean up the Haight-Ashbury section of San Francisco, hence the name. It stood for Haight Improvement Plan.

We have had bums, hobos, easy riders and outright thieves long before the 1960s. In fact, the video generation is even lazier than the hippies.

Yeah, I had shoulder length hair, most bikers did. But I had a job, I paid for my own bike and I put myself through college--just like +90% of the rest of that generation.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb23 ... 0439-1.jpg


Fuck you boomers, the world doesn't owe you a coke because you had "shoulder length hair" and could clean up after yourself.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
User avatar
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus
 
Posts: 10447
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Raw Water

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby The Tourist » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:17 am

And we owe you nothing. Funny how you guys keep moving home to your parents for eternal support and housing while running your mouth. What next, are you going to have your mommie yell at me, too?
The Tourist
You are the weakest link – Goodbye
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:15 am

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby Ultra Swain » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:13 am

The Tourist wrote:And we owe you nothing. Funny how you guys keep moving home to your parents for eternal support and housing while running your mouth. What next, are you going to have your mommie yell at me, too?


Sorry I got my own family, home and business to worry about. But I probably will end up with at least aging boomer on my tit before too long.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
User avatar
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus
 
Posts: 10447
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Raw Water

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:22 am

Ultra Swain wrote:
The Tourist wrote:And we owe you nothing. Funny how you guys keep moving home to your parents for eternal support and housing while running your mouth. What next, are you going to have your mommie yell at me, too?


Sorry I got my own family, home and business to worry about. But I probably will end up with at least aging boomer on my tit before too long.


Odd you say that. I just read a thread over at Thai Visa bout homeless Farangs in Da Kingdom.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby Ultra Swain » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:27 am

Whenever I think this place is too fucked to live, all I have to do is hit the Thai Visa forum and thank the Buddha for this bastion of sanity that is the BFC.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
User avatar
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus
 
Posts: 10447
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Raw Water

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby Ultra Swain » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:38 am

Sri Lanky wrote:There's a bar I go to that's full of them. I go to observe the narcissism...the ponytails and tattoos and the hypersensitivity when talking about race and culture. Most are around 50 or 55 years old. So yesterday I was talking to a nice young pragmatic dude who's wife is a doctor when this middle-aged asshole butted in on our conversation so I deliberately brought up how Europeans are such fucking hypocrites because they berate Americans on human rights issues but in turn treat the Roma like shit. It was great because it turned out that the woman he was with was from Croatia so my instincts were dead on. She was abhored by what I said and then of course he brought up the T-shirt I was wearing that said TEXAS!!! on it. Like that matters. The truth is he was probably pissed off that his woman was staring at me...at a guy wearing a Texas T-shirt of all things. Fucking hippie piece of shit. The bartender sided with me because she's not a middle-aged hippie. He probably reminded her of her parents.

Die baby boomers die.


The cognitive dissonance of the species known as hippieus domesticus is unmatched in the universe. It's a patoulli laced black hole of egocentrism that sucks reason, logic, and empathy out of whatever they touch. Leaving only a vague emo stench in the ether.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
User avatar
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus
 
Posts: 10447
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Raw Water

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby gnaruki » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:08 am

The Tourist wrote:And we owe you nothing.


And therein lies why it is acceptable for anyone younger than boomers to hate them.
User avatar
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: I goddam hate hippies

Postby Ultra Swain » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:17 am

gnaruki wrote:
The Tourist wrote:And we owe you nothing.


And therein lies why it is acceptable for anyone younger than boomers to hate them.


Sick burn.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
User avatar
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus
 
Posts: 10447
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Raw Water

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests