The real dangerous place...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

The real dangerous place...

Postby Woodsman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:02 am

...is in your food.

If you do nothing else today, watch this:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/10/dr-don-huber-interview-part-1.aspx

If you can't afford an hour to educate yourself about what is weakening you on a daily basis, then at least load the video, fast forward part 1 to 9:52 and listen for 2 minutes.

I have said it from day one: GMO derived food and food made with plants treated with Glyphosate (and that means >80% of the food and food products you buy in your grocery store) are making you weak and will ultimately be responsible for 70% of the deaths U.S. wide.

Those two minutes of video are the basis of the real danger.

Judge it for yourself.

If you watch the whole hour and find it incredibly informative (which I did/do) Part II of the interview is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENmc9kHnvbo
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Re: The real dangerous place...

Postby flipflop » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:08 am

I dunno, food seems to have served us well for the last 100,000 years. You need to stop hanging out with friendlyskies online, she should carry a government health warning, not my plate of scran.

I will have leftover tin foil for you both after I roast my mega-doped and chemically enhanced gobbler on the 25th

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:24 am

flipflop wrote:I dunno, food seems to have served us well for the last 100,000 years.

That's the point of the article you muppet, we're not gettinng the same plant we've eaten for the last 100,000 years.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby flipflop » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:30 am

How's it different? It all comes from the stars, there's no such fucking thing as 'man-made', utter horseshit. Don't tell me you've gone hippie-licious too as well?

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Woodsman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:20 am

2 minutes.

2 minutes worth of video.

You can't even rub one off in that amount of time, er unless you're really dedicated...

Just watch the 2 minutes worth - THEN comment away.

This ain't no tin foil hat bullshit. I wish it were.

Listen to the man who grew up on a dairy farm, got himself through school to get a PhD. specializing in biological pathogens in agriculture who has 55 years experience researching these issues and has discovered an organism new to science that is associated with Glyphosate (AKA ROUNDUP) and has been directly linked to infertility in animals and birth defects.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:23 am

Behave, I have xHamster on my other tab

Laters
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:36 am

flipflop wrote:Behave, I have xHamster on my other tab

coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:16 pm

You actually have to watch about five minutes of the film to get to the idea. The first two minutes is of an old dude telling his life history.

What is funny about GM food is that we have been doing GM for ages. Our food has been changing and we have as well. We Europeans are not the same people we were 8000 years ago because way back then, we could not digest raw animal milk. We are not the same people we were 650 years ago either because then we could be killed easily by bubonic plague and now we are much tougher to kill with the same rodent born disease. If gene therapy existed all those years ago and we knew about what was killing us or why we could not digest milk that had not been rotted with bacteria first do you think we would have said "oh no...what kind of Frankenstein European will we create if we go forth with this!" or "If god had meant for us to digest raw cows milk he would have made it so."

For some reason we Euros are a tad bit suicidal. We worry about our "gut flora" more than we do our food supply. Some of us even think toilet and plumbing are bad for some reason and want to switch to the natural composting of human waste (I refuse to compost even kitchen waste...having garbage rotting in my house is degrading.) If we listened to these people we would starve. We can digest milk and resist plague but we are not famine resistant. And that is what happens when someone's pipe dream of utopian health is forced through.

So yah these may chelate minerals away from our gut flora and that will lead to smelly farts and an earlier death, but then we will become different again and deal with it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:31 pm

There is a vast difference between breeding through selection and direct genetic manipulation,
and I trust science about as much as I trust a naked priest around a young lads bottom.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18503_how-biotech-company-almost-killed-world-with-booze.html
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:03 pm

The savior of the world in that article has some dodgy science behind her relating to this incident and had to apologize for citing a paper that never existed to prove the destruction of humanity was about to happen. Plus she was a Green party member, who are known for their bias against GM crops and such.

http://www.gene.ch/gentech/2001/Mar/msg00013.html

and more

http://www.biotech-info.net/ingham_rebuttal.pdf

http://www.mfe.govt.nz/publications/org ... -jun01.pdf

Cracked just reported hype in a humorous manner, but the earth and its plant material were never in danger from GEM.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Woodsman wrote:Glyphosate (and that means >80% of the food and food products you buy in your grocery store)

Aren't most plants that get doused with weed killer GMO plants?
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Not that we couldn't learn how to deal with nature a bit more delicately, but GMO is the same thing we've been doing for the past 10,000 years. Just a little more well directed. The only problem I have with it is turning our food supply into intellectual property.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Mikethehack » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:05 pm

How will this affect my booze?
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:11 pm

gnaruki wrote:
Woodsman wrote:Glyphosate (and that means >80% of the food and food products you buy in your grocery store)

Aren't most plants that get doused with weed killer GMO plants?

Not Ginseng.

Roundup kills Ginseng for sure. I know this because I used to work on a Ginseng farm and we had to use roundup for Chenopodium and carefully avoid the valuable plants.

But yah, making roundup proof plants is probably not the best way to modify genes.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Woodsman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:43 pm

First of all, you guys saying we've had GM foods for more than the 20 or so years that they have been around clearly do not understand what is really going on here.

This isn't some monk selecting plant variety shit. This is directly inserting genes from one organism into another completely different organism that would have almost a -0- chance of happening in nature or in any selection program whatsoever, no matter what time period is considered.

Biotechnology is cutting edge science that has some potential beneficial uses, but releasing organisms that have been manipulated in this way into the natural ecology is one of the most idiotic things humans can do...and it's being done with virtually *zip* for research just as the biotech companies wanted so they could make a bunch of money by forcing their technology down the throats of people who - once again - have no idea what they are consuming.

France is the only European country to abstain this because they understood there is a lack of research, and the research that has been done by those who have the guts to do it suggest these very techniques are not safe for people nor the environment.

Wikileaks cables revealed a very interesting tidbit regarding this as U.S. government officials called for sanctions against France for not allowing GMOs into their country. I guarantee these sick folks have no idea what is in their food and if they did, maybe they would think twice about this kind of push for greenbacks in lieu of any decent healthy future prospect for our species.

Natural evolution takes much longer periods of time to produce beneficial traits and it takes even longer for other organisms in the environment to change. We're seeing some pretty damning health consequences from these hidden toxins and because so many people don't understand what is causing these consequences, they blame it on other causes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mind this though, it's not just about the GMOs, it's about the Glyphosate as well. The 2 minutes I pointed out above explained how Glyphosate travels through our foods and immobilizes nutrients. This means that while you can check for the nutrients in the food and surely they will show up in tests, the body cannot use them since they are immobilized through the biochemical processes caused by the Glyphosate residues in the food.

The effects of this pesticide (and not just used heavily in GMO crops, but overused in much of the conventional agriculture) are that your food contains far less usable nutrients.

Ah, maybe its a waste of time discussing this. I can't blame folks for enjoying the bliss of ignorance of how their food is produced since 1 USA farmer out there is producing food for 140 people these days, and lots of them would rather take the easy way out and sign on with Monsanto to agree to remain ignorant (this agreement requires them NOT to do research about GMOs and Glyphosate).

60% of the population used to live on a farm in 1930. Today it's less than 0.7% Most of the farms are mega farms who only care about the bottom line.

You will get the food you deserve...if you get any at all.

Meanwhile, I will be expanding my organic farm, food storage facilities and arsenal to protect it all from the starving zombie masses flooding in from the urban areas.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe