Invisible Children's "KONY 2012" Video

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Invisible Children's "KONY 2012" Video

Postby Kurt » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:44 pm

After seeing that I am guessing he is bipolar.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby nanuq » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:10 am

How soon before the inevitable conspiracy theories kick in?
nanuq
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:20 am

nanuq wrote:How soon before the inevitable conspiracy theories kick in?

I suspect Kony will tell people he put a spell on him or God struck him down. It will be good PR for Kony where it really matters: In Unga Bunga Land.

This is starting to become something Evlyn Waugh would write about where the white people will be saying:
"he is so stressed out...trying to save the children in Africa from a vicious warlord. Its no wonder he cracked under the stress"

and meanwhile in Uganda:

"Kony is a powerful Sorcerer and we must follow him now. Look at what his amulets and prayers did to the powerful white man. Look at what it did to the powerful George Clooney. We must follow Kony or he will destroy us all with madness and arrest. I am offering my children to him now."
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Detroit_Pierogi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:21 am

Kurt wrote:

Not to be disagreeable, but I don't believe that we have enough information to drop some major league DSM diagnosis on him. That is really an understatement.
That's not any sort of typical bipolar behavior - not by a mile. The list of possible explanations for what he did is pretty long. For example: Completely deprive a person of sleep for a few days and they will exhibit psychotic behavior. That happens even without any other variables in the equation, though I would venture that this situation is a lot more complicated than that.

I'm not sure what people may think bipolar disorder (I or II) may cause people to do, but it does not cause people to flip out in a manner that you would likely see on COPS. Not even in the same ballpark. It really should not be necessary to have to explain this.
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Detroit_Pierogi
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:32 am

Mossad spiked his decaf-latte

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby el3so » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:05 am

That's not any sort of typical bipolar behavior - not by a mile. The list of possible explanations for what he did is pretty long.
My vote goes to coke binge. Either that or he started celebrating Saint-Patrick's Day early.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby nowonmai » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:47 pm

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:17 pm

based on my multiple ebay purchased degrees in psychology. I would venture to say that this behavior is classic "5150" involuntary psych hold stuff. Usually caused by people going off their meds, smoking too much weed, taking weight loss drugs, technicly he has had a "Brief psychotic disorder with obvious stressor" or "brief reactive psychosis". Women used to get this and it was called "hysteria" with hormonal influence. It is common in young men and I can imagine his rapid rise to infamy after 11 years of flogging his kiddy vids would be enough to toss him over the edge. They will dope him up on tell him to take a long vacation.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Kurt » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Detroit_Pierogi wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Not to be disagreeable, but I don't believe that we have enough information to drop some major league DSM diagnosis on him. That is really an understatement.
That's not any sort of typical bipolar behavior - not by a mile. The list of possible explanations for what he did is pretty long. For example: Completely deprive a person of sleep for a few days and they will exhibit psychotic behavior. That happens even without any other variables in the equation, though I would venture that this situation is a lot more complicated than that.

I'm not sure what people may think bipolar disorder (I or II) may cause people to do, but it does not cause people to flip out in a manner that you would likely see on COPS. Not even in the same ballpark. It really should not be necessary to have to explain this.

I thought bipolar was the polite term now for Manic Depression. When I was a social worker quite often the manic phase would produce some outrageous behavior with sexual displays (often at breakfast at the start of my shift....Did Brian masturbate on these donuts yet?..that kind of thing). Tiredness and dehydration and all that will produce confusion and perhaps some delusions (especially dehydration) but nude pelvic thrusts towards traffic and the sidewalk is either "bipolar / manic depression" or he took drugs that mimicked the manic "clothes are optional, that Buick gives me a boner" part.

And I am not making a diagnosis, I am a guy on the internet using my past experience and observation to make a guess for fun. Anyone who would be caring for this Jason Russel who said "Doctors said dehydration but some guy on the internet thinks he is bipolar...lets listen to internet guy!" would be making a very dumb choice.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby averageiowaguy » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Look closely at the license plate holders on the cars, I'm seriously doubting this was shot in San Diego.
My Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/averageiowaguy
Writer for SWAT Magazine:
http://www.swatmag.com/
averageiowaguy

Postby Detroit_Pierogi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Tiger Woods get manic. Charlie Sheen gets manic. Lots of people get manic. They may get pretty 'out there', but they don't just freak out. That dude was detached from reality for a brief period of time. That's not something associated with mania. The guy imploded for who knows what reason(s). It would be more in line with schizophrenia, not bipolar disorder. But I'll go the ranch that he is not schizophrenic, either. He had a world of shit raining down on him. And he just lost it.
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Detroit_Pierogi
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:07 pm

If if this was the 60's, by passers would just get out and dance with him. There is a bogus video out. The TMZ is the correct one.
But honestly who cares? Being on the internet doesn't mean you are famous. He didn't even do a Sheen or a Gibson. Wasn't even a Brown, Jones or a Nolte. He just thought he would work on his Ugandan dance routine at the beach.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

BLAXPLOITATION: No SYMPATHY For This White Devil.

Postby Herr VOLKMAR » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:18 am

The WORLD's more divided today into the HAVES and the HAVE NUTTs:
Some are BLESSED; and we "others" are CURSED, more now than ever.
God fuckin' hates niggers but loves you White-Supremacist, neo-Nazis.

I am CONVINCED!

So what? This silly fool got the same Cuidad de Panama treatment
I received in Summer 2007 and, again, in Fall 2010 when I was made
To see those disgusting, lil' nigger-bitch spawn at the City LOCK-UP:

"Invisible Children" to all but the vilest ex-patriot American miscreant!
"I've already been executed,
I'm just waiting to die."
-
William Sherrick Duncan-Binns
c/o The CLANDESTINE BOAT WORKS
Tazlina SW Subdivision
Tazlina, AK 99573
(907)320-0257
Herr VOLKMAR
BFCus Regularus

Postby dawud » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:56 am

Religion is often criticized for its heavy-handed approach to guilt and shame. The Ford fiasco convinces me that there is an important place for both.
dawud
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:58 am

Back to back posts by the two biggest cranks on the Flag, both hate crackers too. One worships snow, in a no doubt Michael Jackson/Uncle Tom stylee, the other simply loves brown cock and loose-fitting clothing

Priceless

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe