Do we want a BFC Memorial Forum?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Memorial Sub Forum:

Poll ended at Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:58 am

Yes good idea - please go ahead
56%
No bad idea - let RIP threads go into the BFC archives
25%
I have a better plan - please see my comment below
3%
I don't care - do what you want
17%

Total votes : 36

Re: Do we want a BFC Memorial Forum?

Postby gnaruki » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:25 pm

DOA? Personally,celebrating death is also celebrating life. I'm getting a little cheesy for some of you obviously.

Dead or Alive.

I've been out cruising around in my gm road machine. Seeing old friends and meeting a few new ones along the way. It's great that I can still talk about the old days of being young, aware of stupidity and resilient with many friends. Followed by sharing similar death stories :/

Growing up a had two close friends that were brothers. One decided to off himself in a very strange way years ago (way to young). The living brother just had his first son and has a striking resemblance to his dead uncle. I think I'm going to help my living friend rebuild his dead brothers wooden speedboat he never completely restored.

The dead one is still alive in some respects. Mature beyond his years, I still think he was older than my current self and he died at 14.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:29 pm

in regard to flipflop's comment, a completely free memorial forum would be best but impossible. the BFC is more and more like a fucking nanny state - now users get 'asked' about what we want and we 'vote' like a bunch of queers. in the end i know that the powers-that-be will never allow pure freedom of speech here or in an RIP thread, both due to pervasive narcissism and because, following RYP's lead, this site and forum are all about impression management for most of you pukes. even being 40 and 50 years old it's silly that you fucks gotta front about who you are/what you do/how you want to be seen but whatever.

we're not going to have a no-holds-barred memorial forum cuz of all these ppl's inability to accept their shitty and boring parts along with their 1-2 tolerable qualities, which i guaran-fucking-tee -if they exist- have nothing to do with traveling and going to shitty places. any old shitbird can do that as many of you have proven.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:13 am

Fansy wrote:in regard to flipflop's comment, a completely free memorial forum would be best but impossible. the BFC is more and more like a fucking nanny state - now users get 'asked' about what we want and we 'vote' like a bunch of queers. in the end i know that the powers-that-be will never allow pure freedom of speech here or in an RIP thread, both due to pervasive narcissism and because, following RYP's lead, this site and forum are all about impression management for most of you pukes. even being 40 and 50 years old it's silly that you fucks gotta front about who you are/what you do/how you want to be seen but whatever.

we're not going to have a no-holds-barred memorial forum cuz of all these ppl's inability to accept their shitty and boring parts along with their 1-2 tolerable qualities, which i guaran-fucking-tee -if they exist- have nothing to do with traveling and going to shitty places. any old shitbird can do that as many of you have proven.

gay

flipflop wrote:My auld fella put a great thought in my head about this whole funeral/memorial thing a few years ago. I was at home and the subject came up in conversation over a few jars. A female relative goes "I want to be cremated, the thought of lying in the ground being eaten by worms and allsorts gives me the creeps". A few concurred, others go "No, I want to be laid beside my Da/Ma/spouse/kids etc."

My auld boy goes "You can do whatever the fuck you want with my body when I go, I'll be dead and past caring."

Nail on head x infinity

All who have come on this thread to decry "Not for me, I don't want to be part of your maudling ways" are just narcissists who crave the windswept and interesting aspects they sadly lack in the here and now. As Churchill once described TEL "He is always backing into the limelight". You seek affirmation and care deeply what the rest of us cunts think about you. Dream on knob rocks. You're like the guy who screams "hold me back!" during a pub brawl whilst cacking his trousers and pushing back on his mates & heading for the exit.

I suggest we have an open memorial forum, where anyone can post - drunken diatribe, tear-jerking requiems for unrequited love, hate-filled diatribes of scorn. You name it. The objects of these little parcels of condolence will be dead, so no-one gets hurt.

Now all we have to do it sit back and wait until the 99.9% of you who are about as windswept & interesting as a mould in a cellar to actually croak of flabby old age.

Cheers

gay

gnaruki wrote:DOA? Personally,celebrating death is also celebrating life. I'm getting a little cheesy for some of you obviously.

Dead or Alive.

I've been out cruising around in my gm road machine. Seeing old friends and meeting a few new ones along the way. It's great that I can still talk about the old days of being young, aware of stupidity and resilient with many friends. Followed by sharing similar death stories :/

Growing up a had two close friends that were brothers. One decided to off himself in a very strange way years ago (way to young). The living brother just had his first son and has a striking resemblance to his dead uncle. I think I'm going to help my living friend rebuild his dead brothers wooden speedboat he never completely restored.

The dead one is still alive in some respects. Mature beyond his years, I still think he was older than my current self and he died at 14.

mental
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:45 am

Fansy wrote:following RYP's lead, this site and forum are all about impression management for most of you pukes. even being 40 and 50 years old it's silly that you fucks gotta front about who you are/what you do/how you want to be seen but whatever.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:48 am

Fansy wrote:
Fansy wrote:following RYP's lead, this site and forum are all about impression management for most of you pukes. even being 40 and 50 years old it's silly that you fucks gotta front about who you are/what you do/how you want to be seen but whatever.

Repeating gibberish does not make it comprehensible.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:52 am

Fansy wrote:in regard to flipflop's comment, a completely free memorial forum would be best but impossible. the BFC is more and more like a fucking nanny state - now users get 'asked' about what we want and we 'vote' like a bunch of queers. in the end i know that the powers-that-be will never allow pure freedom of speech here or in an RIP thread, both due to pervasive narcissism and because, following RYP's lead, this site and forum are all about impression management for most of you pukes. even being 40 and 50 years old it's silly that you fucks gotta front about who you are/what you do/how you want to be seen but whatever.

qft
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:37 am

@gnaruki - you've been here a year and behave like a crazy fucker who cant get his meds right. not only does your qft weaken any argument i was trying to make, but since you are crazy you have no idea what i'm really saying and what i really mean. stop kissing ass/being crazy.

@nowonmai - lol okay bud
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:52 am

Just look how fascist and gay that locked test thread looks. This is about Ms Lindsay being a control freak not the memorialisation deaths of anonymous people who may or may not have considered themselves "flaggers" by dint of posting shit on the internet via this portal.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alessandro » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:54 am

marie-angelique wrote:against it. and don't want to be on it when i die.

i have seen the one on advrider. 5000 people posting about someone who died 5 years ago who they never met. gross.

Well, dont die is my advice, since theres one now, mob rules as always.
When I die, I wont tell anyone at BFC what happened.
To think before you type is like wiping your butt before you dump.
Alessandro
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:42 am

Alessandro wrote:

i have seen the one on advrider. 5000 people posting about someone who died 5 years ago who they never met. gross.

You won't need to, some clown will do it on your behalf. Ideally with pictures and sound. Try to ensure that you do down with a witty one liner.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Osiris » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:17 pm

nowonmai wrote:
Alessandro wrote:

You won't need to, some clown will do it on your behalf. Ideally with pictures and sound. Try to ensure that you do down with a witty one liner.

"...I hated Nowonmai the most."

Personally I hope to go being trampled amidst a 100 woman bikini pillow fight, and if such is the case, I'll be sure to use this line. Gnaruki can take the video while Fansy can provide running commentary.
The impossible I'll do immediately, the unimaginable will take some time. http://bigwilliesbooks.com/
Osiris
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:49 pm

This town hall meeting is going good.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Osiris » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 pm

I actually am in favor of the memorial. It would be nice to show a little respect and doesn't do any harm.
The impossible I'll do immediately, the unimaginable will take some time. http://bigwilliesbooks.com/
Osiris
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Osiris wrote:I actually am in favor of the memorial. It would be nice to show a little respect and doesn't do any harm.

Nice? You cunt.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Osiris » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:46 pm

nowonmai wrote:
Osiris wrote:I actually am in favor of the memorial. It would be nice to show a little respect and doesn't do any harm.

Nice? You cunt.

Hence my last words, as stated above.
Osiris
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe