My Absentee Ballot

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

My Absentee Ballot

Postby Jimbo » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:04 am

Howdy Folks-
I just got my absentee ballot sent to me and besides the usual suspects (i.e. Dems & Repubs) the following parties & candidates are listed. The only name I knows is Nader, as far as the others go, I've never heard of them, do they ring any bells with you guys? Keep in mind that my ballot is for the state of Connecticut (Congressional District 2, Senatorial District 12, Assembly District 101). The following are Presidential Electors...
The ballot only lists their last names

Green Party- Cobb & La Marche
Concerned Citiizens Party- Peroutka & Baldwin
Libertarian Party- Nolan & Mosher
Patitioning Candidate- Nader & Camejo

Do any of these people sound familiar?
Jimbo
BFCus Regularus

Postby doyle » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:37 pm

I wonder why Badnarik is not listed as the Libertarian candidate? Is it different in different states?
doyle
doyle
BFCus Regularus

Postby doyle » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:44 pm

Sorry, A little research on this provided this article on Badnarik's site:

By ROBERT KOCH
Read the entire the Fairfield County Hour article here.

NORWALK – Several thousand absentee ballots are being mailed to Norwalk residents living out-of-state or out-of-country in preparation for next month’s election.

“Today is the day we’re supposed to start mailing them. They weren’t supposed to come in until (next) Wednesday, but they came in today. We’re very lucky,” said Town Clerk Andrew Garfunkel on Friday. “We’ve got our entire staff folding these things up to put in envelopes.” Voters have until Nov. 2 to return the ballots. Garfunkel said his office will count all absentee ballots received by the local post office by 6 p.m. on election day.

The withdrawal of Libertarian Party presidential candidate Gary Nolan and vice presidential candidate Kenneth Mosher this week required the reprinting of many ballots to list their replacements, Michael Badnarik and Richard Campagna, respectively.

The reprinting caused anxious moments for Garfunkel and his staff, who feared they might not be able to begin the mailing Friday.

Looks like some were sent out before the reprinted versions were available. Gee, that really helps the third parties a lot. What a fuck up.
doyle
doyle
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe