Man Bites Dog

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Man Bites Dog

Postby nanuq » Mon May 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Man bites dog in bizarre incident in Chicago

http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/world/man-bites-dog-in-bizarre-incident-in-chicago-11600.html

Yes, you read it right. In a bizarre incident, a man in the US bit a dog in a desperate attempt to save his wife from a vicious attack by the canine.

Caren Henry, from Grimes, Iowa, said she was just walking her dog, Kandy, near her father-in-law's home in rural Madrid when she saw something out of the corner of her eye.

"It got me here and I had my sunglasses on which I'm glad I did because I think it might have taken my eye as well as my nose, then it knocked me down and then it went after my dog," she said.

Caren's husband, Laine, was driving to pick her up when he saw the attack and jumped out to help.

"Caren turned and looked at me and I saw her face was nothing but blood, so I bit the dog literally in the nose and he let go and I grabbed our dog and I grabbed her and I put them in our pick-up and took off," Laine Henry said.

The couple ended up in the Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines after Laine was also bitten on the arm last Sunday.

The dog also bit Caren's thigh and abdomen. She will have to have several reconstructive surgeries to fix her nose.

"It could have been a lot worse, he could have got my neck, he could have taken my eye," Caren said.

In Dallas County there is no vicious dog ordinance, so the Dallas County Sheriff's Office turned the case over to the county's Environmental Health Office.

A fund has been set up for the couple at the City State Bank in Madrid.
nanuq
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe