John Kerry announces his plan to deal with Al Qaeda

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

John Kerry announces his plan to deal with Al Qaeda

Postby Tarkan » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:48 pm

"With the same energy I put into going after the Viet Cong and trying to win for our country, I pledge to you I will hunt down and capture or kill the terrorists before they harm us."

In other words, in four months, he'll cut and run, and recommend to our allies that they do the same.

That, after all, is what he told one of his fellow swift vet officers right before he shipped out after his 3rd Purple Heart.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby coolio » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:59 pm

Why didn't you just post a link to anncoulter.com and save us the chore of actually believing this thread would be worth reading?

So you don't like John Kerry? We get it.
coolio

Postby Kasca » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:01 pm

That, after all, is what he told one of his fellow swift vet officers right before he shipped out after his 3rd Purple Heart.

>>>What Swift Boat vet said that? Only two or three of the Swift Boat vetrerans actually knew him there, so whoever said that is in the majority that didn't. What statement are you referring to? They've already been caught in so many lies it's amazing they had the balls to try it in the first place.

In other words, in four months, he'll cut and run, and recommend to our allies that they do the same.

>>>He left after four months into his SECOND tour, which was four months more than our current commander. Anyway, what are you talking about? Kerry came to the point where he questioned the war in Viet Nam, and recognized it was wrong. Should you stay the course when you recognize something is wrong?
"...That was some weird shit."

- George W. Bush, after hearing Donald Trump's Inauguration speech. January 20, 2017. Washington D. C.
Kasca
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:29 pm

You mean kill 58000 Americans to fight Communism in Vietnam only to have comnmunism win in Vietnam?

At that level of dead it is more worth our while to be un-safe rather than safe,

That is why I am voteing for the chickenshit (well, the chickenshit by proxy...being a chickenshit when others lives are at stake is an admirable trait...better than warrior by proxy)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:41 pm

Kurt wrote:That is why I am voteing for the chickenshit (well, the chickenshit by proxy...being a chickenshit when others lives are at stake is an admirable trait...better than warrior by proxy)

Can you decipher this for me, Kurt? Can't quite get the meaning.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:52 pm

Yep...I'll take someone who is "afraid" to risk the lives of Americans in futile wars before I take someone who is "brave" to risk the lives of Americans (but not their own) in futile wars. It is hypocritical to declare bravery with the lives of others at stake and not your own.

The point being, if and when Kerry or Bush start closing in on a hgiher casualty rate, that is not protection..that is killing, and the whole "security" thing becomes redundant.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:01 pm

Thanks. Now I get your point.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Kasca » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:02 pm

Ironic Bush was filmed shooting DOVES during his campaign for Texas governor, isn't it?

- George W. Bush, after hearing Donald Trump's Inauguration speech. January 20, 2017. Washington D. C.
Kasca
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:06 pm

Hey Coolio, you sorta disappeared from that Australian thread buddy. What happened? The light suddenly dawn on you that you really didn't know what the fuck you were talking about?

Kurt: Kerry can't run on his beliefs and he can't run on his record. So he runs on a more or less Republican platform and his "plans" sound a whole lot like the current "plans", except Kerry plans on bringing France and Germany into the mix (who have already said they weren't coming in regardless). All the while, Democratic voters pinch their nose and hope Kerry really doesn't mean it.

And apparently, the Democrats are going with the full court press on voter fraud. In Ohio, they are reporting four counties there are more people registered to vote than there are people 18 in age and above.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kasca » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:21 pm

Kerry can't run on his beliefs and he can't run on his record. So he runs on a more or less Republican platform and his "plans" sound a whole lot like the current "plans", except Kerry plans on bringing France and Germany into the mix (who have already said they weren't coming in regardless). All the while, Democratic voters pinch their nose and hope Kerry really doesn't mean it.

>>Which is it? Is Kerry going to be out of Iraq in four months, or four years?

Actiually, the truth is, not what right wing radio says, Kerry has the solution to terrorism--diminish our dependence on Mid East oil, which is hs the source and the cause of all the terrorism. Bush's plan was to bomb a whole country and hope he was lucky enough to get one or two terrorists.
-------------------------------------------------------------

And apparently, the Democrats are going with the full court press on voter fraud.

>>Yep, they're watching, they haven't forgotten 2000.

Kasca
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bobby Sands » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:21 pm

Tarkan wrote:except Kerry plans on bringing France and Germany into the mix (who have already said they weren't coming in regardless).

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=6485712

Germany Softens Stance on Sending Troops to Iraq
Wed Oct 13, 2004 04:33 AM ET

By Erik Kirschbaum
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany said Wednesday it could not rule out sending troops to Iraq, dropping its firm refusal to consider any deployment to the country whose invasion last year it staunchly opposed.

Defense Minister Peter Struck said in an interview with the Financial Times newspaper that Germany might deploy troops if conditions in the country, now riven by insurgency, changed.

"At present I rule out the deployment of German troops in Iraq," Struck told the paper. "In general, however, there is no one who can predict developments in Iraq in such a way that he could make such a binding statement."

He also welcomed U.S. Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's call for an international summit on Iraq.

Kerry has maintained during his campaign for the presidency that he would have more success getting traditional U.S. allies and Iraq war opponents like Germany and France to help in Iraq.

In a debate last month with President Bush, Kerry said that if elected he would call for a summit on Iraq.

"This is a very sensible proposal," Struck said.

"The situation in Iraq can only be cleared up when all those involved sit together at one table. Germany has taken on responsibilities in Iraq, including financial ones; this would naturally justify our involvement in such a conference."

The comments by Struck, a member of Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder's center-left social democrats (SPD), drew a cautious response from U.S. officials.

"The United States consistently has said international participation is always welcome in the reconstruction and stabilization of Iraq," said a U.S. official, traveling with the U.S. delegation to the meeting of NATO defense ministers in the Romanian ski resort of Poiana Brasov.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said however Washington was taking a cautious line on what the German position actually was.

Struck's comments drew quick criticism from the SPD's mainly pacifist Green coalition partners.

"I assume Peter Struck means that for the foreseeable future there will be no German involvement in Iraq, that we won't get sucked into this disaster," said Winfried Nachtwei, a defense policy expert in parliament for the Greens.

"The government's position remains clear: we will not be drawn into the conflict in Iraq."

In his 2002 re-election campaign Schroeder derided plans to attack Iraq as an adventure that would set the Middle East ablaze, badly straining relations with the Bush administration. The position may have helped secure his narrow victory.

Schroeder has said frequently in recent months that German troops, who are present in Afghanistan, would not go to Iraq.
Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:28 pm

Bobby Sands wrote:[Defense Minister Peter Struck said in an interview with the Financial Times newspaper that Germany might deploy troops if conditions in the country, now riven by insurgency, changed.

Once it's completely safe, the Germans will come marching in to save the day.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Dim » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:33 pm

Sure, the Bush government might have made mistakes in Iraq: Abu Ghraib, the lies over the WMD's, the failure to plan for the occupation, their inabilty to prevent mass-looting, their decision to hire a bunch of inexperienced Christian economists to manage rebuliding Iraqs economy, ect ect.

But Kerry could REALLY stuff things up, what with the flip-flopping and everything!
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bobby Sands » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:45 pm

Buzzsaw wrote:Once it's completely safe, the Germans will come marching in to save the day.

The Germans are in Afghanistan. Don't call them cowards for refusing to fight the wrong war.
Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby Skirita » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:49 pm

My question is this: his "plan" includes doubling the number of Special Forces and increasing the Active Duty Army by 40,000 troops (according to his website, if I remember correctly).

Umm... How exactly will he fill those slots?

How can he accuse Bush of promoting policies that will lead to a draft when he clearly stated that he will radically increase the size of our standing army?
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." - W.B. Yeats
Skirita
Malus In Se

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe