Happy Start of Ramadan

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Happy Start of Ramadan

Postby grawp » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:39 pm

Friend Fansy wrote:

"...it's the same reason arabs are famous for goin wild when they visit places without such backwards and restrictive laws. they don't know what the fuck to do with themselves in a free society, or how to behave when the rules of life aren't being shoved down their throats and enforced by dictators, mullahs, fathers, and peers."

Reminds me of Kevin's famous line from Home Alone:

"Hey guys, I'm eating junk and watching rubbish. You better come in here and stop me!"

Way back when, I worked at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN one summer as a "cast member."
The "guests" that caused the most ruckus and 999 (Security) calls were either
a) rednecks on booze, crack or meth or
b) ultra-conservative People of the Book.
The men were the worst; arguing every point, situation or purchase and treating the female cast members like they were servants, or worse.
My tour of duty was ended with my slugging a Jordanian who called a fellow pregnant co-worker a "fat, disgusting pig" in my presence.
There are limits to my patience.
The world will never love us. They respect us - they might even grow to fear us.
But they will never love us, for we have too much audacity!

- Theodore Roosevelt – “The Wind & the Lion” (1975)
grawp
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe