How long has this place got?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

How long before RYP scuttles this scurvy ship?

Imminent - we are at DEFCON Fucking 1! Buckle up, it's been a lovely war.
10%
Two weeks max - if the vlindsay story runs for another 7 days then he will be getting twitchy and tetchy
2%
One month max - we are one lawyer's email away from the red button being pushed
4%
Six months - the patient is now definitely dying but life support will continue until all residual brain activity ceases
8%
Never! BFC will never die, we will rebound and go onwards to new heights with interesting and amusing people engaged in free discourse (been a bit too much 'free discourse' if you arx me)
61%
Who fucking cares - I'd rather twitter twats and fuck facebook buddies
14%

Total votes : 49

Re: How long has this place got?

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:49 pm

friendlyskies wrote:
(1) Everyone here is an experienced traveler in challenging destinations, so you can talk about your adventures without people getting jealous, freaked out, or asking dumb questions like, "Don't you ever get scared?"

Why would I care about anyone getting jealous, freaked out or if a dumb question about being scared is asked from someplace other than the BFC? What other people think of me is none of my business, it's not like I'm building a fucking "brand" for chrissakes, and I'm the same here as I am in real life and on Facebook which after all is real life dontcha know.

(2) People had really specialized knowledge of geopolitical realities and situations ..........

So what? All well and good and interesting. "Specialized knowledge" is a loaded phrase and dontcha know that 87% of it will be bullshit and ego food and scam.

(3) I had a network of people all over the world. Not just people, but fucking cool people! Who were happy to host me in their countries, or meet me for drinks in Nicaragua and Costa Rica. I mean, really, a bunch of danger travelers and private military contractors? That is the goddamned cream of the crop of all humanity, as far as I'm concerned.

I've got the cream of the crop right at my fucking door. I can go to the coffeeshop near my home and talk geo-political ME with the cab drivers that hang out there and I can go to any cheap dive Irish bar right here in my neighborhood and hear yadda yadda yadda about the IRA all night long. There's probably more dangerous intelligence in these places anyway.

(4) Unlike Facebook (is this irony?), I can be myself here. Which is socially retarded and bitchy. But really just needs to be socially retarded.

Free advice: be yourself wherever you are. .

I think those of us interested in having a cool BFC again need to make some kind of internal ground rules to keep us from being bitchy.

Girl, please no. Ain't no ground rule in the rule that's going to keep me from being a bitch. Many have tried. It never works and I'm too old to straighten up and fly right.

"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Holland » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:45 pm

I made eggnog today with raw nicaraguan eggs. What balls!
Holland
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:15 pm

Holland wrote:I made eggnog today with raw nicaraguan eggs. What balls!

Sounds good. Now what are you going to serve with the balls?
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby 2 Charlie » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:16 am

Hollandise with seed of man?
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Postby Aryan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:10 pm

This place is still around? Keeping this place up is the equivalent of whoring out a comatose Terri Schiavo. Shut it down already.
The battlefield is the only proper school of the surgeon
-Hippocrates
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Aryan wrote:This place is still around? Keeping this place up is the equivalent of whoring out a comatose Terri Schiavo. Shut it down already.

How is the investigation going on academic malfeasance? Scoring some big successes there? Bournemouth thanking you for the information? Academic review boards sharpening their knives?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Miaowwww Kurt

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Aryan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Kurt wrote:
Aryan wrote:This place is still around? Keeping this place up is the equivalent of whoring out a comatose Terri Schiavo. Shut it down already.

How is the investigation going on academic malfeasance? Scoring some big successes there? Bournemouth thanking you for the information? Academic review boards sharpening their knives?

Still shook up about it?

What happened in the end...is VLindsay still AWOL? I see RYPs conveniently chosen to hide out in the bush.
-Hippocrates
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Aryan wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Still shook up about it?

What happened in the end...is VLindsay still AWOL? I see RYPs conveniently chosen to hide out in the bush.

The dissertation is now unavailable to the public through any channel, even through contacting Bournemouth directly and will continue to be unavailable until the investigation is complete (and not an investigation into academic fraud, that was done during the approval process ages ago but part of a harassment investigation started here by a few unintentional flying monkeys).
Vlindsay is not here anymore for the same reason one leaves a pub where they were attacked instead of hanging out and answering questions about what they did to bring on the attack.

If you doubt this (which I am sure you will) you can easily get her office phone number online and call her and ask her (which I doubt you will do)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby nowonmai » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Kurt wrote:
Aryan wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Still shook up about it?

The dissertation is now unavailable to the public through any channel, even through contacting Bournemouth directly and will continue to be unavailable until the investigation is complete (and not an investigation into academic fraud, that was done during the approval process ages ago but part of a harassment investigation started here by a few unintentional flying monkeys).
Vlindsay is not here anymore for the same reason one leaves a pub where they were attacked instead of hanging out and answering questions about what they did to bring on the attack.

If you doubt this (which I am sure you will) you can easily get her office phone number online and call her and ask her (which I doubt you will do)

Academics investigating each other, good luck with that. They're more likely to admit climate change is bullshit than ever do anything about academic fraud (whatever that is). I don't care what you call it, infiltrating a 'community' (if you must call it that), shagging various members of it, then writing complete fiction about people based on gossip among a clique that said academic enthusiastically joined and influenced, then dressing it up as a serious piece of research is about what I expect of the academic 'community'. Combine that with administrator privileges being afforded and you have a stinking pile of poo, which is why the flies left around here are few and far between.

You piefaces don't seem to get it. Those of you that do are quite happy playing games with the last remaining zombies.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:15 pm

What you other piefaces don't seem to get is that this was brought on by a dude who wanted revenge on her for dumping him. The "other" wanted to help in this revenge because they got their own weird thing going on (once described to me by her as "a big sister / mother type relationship) and she claimed to have written part of the thesis and was underpaid (though the Uni disagreed with payment due).

But we have gone over this all before. We know it is split between the "Academic Infiltration" crowd and "Victim of Revenge Scheme" crowd among those of the BFC (or ex BFC) so we gotta ask ourselves is which theory is prevailing in both the academic court and the legal process?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Aryan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Kurt wrote:
Aryan wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Still shook up about it?

So who dobbed her in in the end? Or did she do the honourable thing...unlikely but possible? She shouldn't worry too much about getting in trouble..academia is a joke these days.

Your pub analogy is poor. It's more like being too embarrassed to return to the pub where one night you got too drunk, flashed your cunt/todger, shat on the snooker table all while singing Horst Wessel Lied. Except it wasn't just one night, and you plan on getting a PhD out of it.
-Hippocrates
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Aryan wrote:So who dobbed her in in the end? Or did she do the honourable thing...unlikely but possible?

What do you mean by:

dobbed.

end.

honourable thing.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Kurt, I doubt you are in a position to answer this. Buuuut, who initiated the harassment investigation? Seems like Vlindsay or the allegedly libelled could have complained to the university.

Edit: Looks like the ninja post answered my question.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Aryan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Kurt wrote:What do you mean by:
dobbed.

Snitched. I thought you were down Kurt.
Kurt wrote:end.

Whatever initiated the Bournemouth investigation.
Kurt wrote:honourable thing.

Did she go to the university herself, and admit the she basically cocked up her thesis.

You can make a million excuses for her . If she hadn't written (or paid someone to write, allegedly) a crap thesis, the dude who wanted revenge on her wouldn't have had it so easy.
-Hippocrates
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe