How long has this place got?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

How long before RYP scuttles this scurvy ship?

Imminent - we are at DEFCON Fucking 1! Buckle up, it's been a lovely war.
10%
Two weeks max - if the vlindsay story runs for another 7 days then he will be getting twitchy and tetchy
2%
One month max - we are one lawyer's email away from the red button being pushed
4%
Six months - the patient is now definitely dying but life support will continue until all residual brain activity ceases
8%
Never! BFC will never die, we will rebound and go onwards to new heights with interesting and amusing people engaged in free discourse (been a bit too much 'free discourse' if you arx me)
61%
Who fucking cares - I'd rather twitter twats and fuck facebook buddies
14%

Total votes : 49

Re: How long has this place got?

Postby goat balls » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:18 am

I know many of you are thinking that Pelton hangs around with the cnn people so that's guilt by association right? But what if he's just nice to them because he's taking their money? That would be a brilliant move right? Uh-huh, see how I did that.

But then some of you are thinking that Pelton is a Canadian which is automatically suspicious and you'd be right about that of course. Over the years, there's been many a sound argument that we should make some forays across the border and snatch a couple thousand of them. Crank up the water boarding tables and really find out what's going through their pointy little heads. Maybe it's time with trump in the White House. Seize the day and all that.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jefe » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:29 pm

No Need for an Apology Robert. You can give me a full refund of what I paid into the site. Make that 400%.
And at the end of the day, I met about 4 people that were class acts. Some others I didn't meet, but are allright people.

And no finale should go without copy and pastes from COL KKW. The sites best poster in history.

There should be a shrine on the FB Page to him.

I also predict that Penta not only won't give up, but will try to infiltrate your next site.

FYI, I had Guardian articles about some of the companies I was with when she was ranting about locations. How I would have loved to post them and say "it's me"...

Not even 20 years later.
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:25 am

Jefe wrote:And at the end of the day, I met about 4 people that were class acts. Some others I didn't meet, but are allright people.

I met half a dozen and they were all cunts. I hope to run into them all again some day.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Hi Rob

Postby Jefe » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:02 pm

Well, add one other cunt to the list. I hope to make it down your way at some point in my life.

Where are you at these days?

Your site I think was a real achievement. I will have to take a look and see what's up now that my course load is slow.

All the best.

PS: I met the 4 people believe it or not, in the field. Thank god people told what "was really going on" via Guardian articles if we dared to say "I am looking out my window and this is what's there..."
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:08 pm

I haven't been on CNN in a while ever since they paired me with a shrieking harridan who know nothing about the subject matter but gave good shriek.

I will do Shep's show when he calls, I enjoy Coast to Coast and I do long form interviews and pod casts, but I am more a behind the scenes guy setting up big feature pieces for the charity I was helping. Now I have to shift into getting my Kony book finished and some real life cool projects.

I will say this. I have met a number of people on this board and I found them all to be interesting people. If they can't get along on the internet then they should spend the time to actually meet them face to face. The scary thing was that Penta was the second highest poster after myself and I guess because I never bothered to read her crap I never noticed. She still leaps like a leach on public postings I make. A real life bunny boiler. Mea culpa.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby denise » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:10 am

I honestly hate saying I told you so but I told you so when she went after Marie-Angeliaue.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby michelle in alaska » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:11 am

A real life bunny boiler
awesome quote.
...and dont you know: love means never having to say your sorry.
im not sure thats true. but i believe it works. :)
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:36 am

You people have really gotta stop sexing each other.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby michelle in alaska » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:47 am

youre wrong.
we are like distant neighbors.
and we like each other.
the deep connection thing, that is , i believe, a sorta predestined thing.
or not. :)
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Hey look - I'll have a beer with anyone here. But jesus, you guys all got seriously creepy a while back.

Rein that shit in you freaky minx.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:44 am

Chill Winston.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:33 am

The problem with this board is we all grew fucking old together, and like an elderly couple who have been married for 60 years, we can't fucking stand each other and are really just passing time waiting for the other spouse to die first.

RYP kicked this shit off 16 years ago or so. That's forever in internet years.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:07 am

Tarkan wrote:The problem with this board is we all grew fucking old together, and like an elderly couple who have been married for 60 years, we can't fucking stand each other and are really just passing time waiting for the other spouse to die first.

RYP kicked this shit off 16 years ago or so. That's forever in internet years.

!6 years, oh how time flies. RYP says that there are gona be changes to The Flag in the new year. Perhaps it will be new and exciting.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ColKKW » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:27 am

Surely, just as every new version of iOS and Windows brings the world closer to heaven, so shall the new and improved Cafe Excreble soothe the troubled waters of your pathetic Internet lives. A strategic withdrawal from a land where Rohingyas no longer abound and the rattle of axe-handles deafens all prevents an in depth decrial of each and every one of your seven carbunkled carcasses. You will wait with bated breath for my next missive. That is all.
Minedance Myanmar
ColKKW
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:43 pm

I have found myself drifting back here these days. It feels good.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe