Malaysion Flight 370 where art thou?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Malaysion Flight 370 where art thou?

Postby Torch » Tue May 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Interesting theory from a pilot acquaintance:

Muslim pilot is shamed by his wife and daughter leaving him.
Formulates plan (to end his life and never be found) with personal flight simulator.
Co-pilot signs off to ATC, then leaves cockpit to take a piss.
Pilot shuts off transponders, puts on oxygen mask (which is procedure when alone in the cockpit) changes direction, and depressurizes cabin.
Passengers pass out and eventually die.
Co-pilot tries to use cell phone before he succumbs, explaining the hit his cell phone got on a Malaysian cell tower.
Pilot heads south to the deepest part of the ocean in the most remote location he can reach.
Pilot doesn't run out of fuel and crash, he ditches aircraft, which quickly sinks, relatively intact.
Torch
BFCus Regularus

Postby Royal » Sun May 25, 2014 2:49 pm

±
This from Mahathir Mohamad, yesterday.

May 23, 2014 Former Malaysia prime minister, Mahathir Mohamad said about Flight 370, “Someone is hiding something. It is not fair that MAS and Malaysia should take the blame,” he wrote.

Dr Mahathir suggested the United States' Central Intelligence Agency had knowledge of the disappearance of the plane with 239 people on board but was not sharing it with Malaysia. He also claimed that Boeing, the plane’s maker, and “certain” government agencies, have the ability to remotely take over control of commercial airliners such as the missing Boeing 777. “For some reason, the media will not print anything that involves Boeing or the CIA,” he said. “The plane is somewhere, maybe without MAS [Malaysia Airlines] markings,” he said.

“It is a waste of time and money to look for debris or oil slick or to listen for pings from the black box.” Dr Mahathir wrote in his latest blog that planes “don’t just disappear … certainly not these days, with all the powerful communications systems, radio and satellite tracking and filmless cameras which operate almost indefinitely, and possess huge storage capacities”. “Can it not be that the pilots of MH370 lost control of their aircraft after someone directly or remotely activated the equipment for seizure of control of the aircraft?” he wrote. Meanwhile, relatives of the 12 crew members on the plane claim Malaysia Airlines abandoned them after discovering they had engaged US law firm Ribbeck Law Chartered for legal assistance.

Jacquita Gonzales, the wife of Patrick Gomez who was the in-flight supervisor on MH370, said the airline sent relatives an email last Friday advising that caregivers who had been assigned to help families had been terminated. The airline earlier this month closed family assistance and accommodation centers in Beijing. “…it’s actually not right, because our caregivers are not there to advise on legal matters.” Ms Gonzales said the airline had told relatives to now engage with the airline through lawyers. “As far as I am concerned, my husband is still an employee of MAS...as far as I am concerned, my husband is still on MH370, on a flight to Beijing and he has not come back from Beijing yet,” she said.
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby Royal » Sun May 25, 2014 2:49 pm

±
This from Mahathir Mohamad, yesterday.

May 23, 2014 Former Malaysia prime minister, Mahathir Mohamad said about Flight 370, “Someone is hiding something. It is not fair that MAS and Malaysia should take the blame,” he wrote.

Dr Mahathir suggested the United States' Central Intelligence Agency had knowledge of the disappearance of the plane with 239 people on board but was not sharing it with Malaysia. He also claimed that Boeing, the plane’s maker, and “certain” government agencies, have the ability to remotely take over control of commercial airliners such as the missing Boeing 777. “For some reason, the media will not print anything that involves Boeing or the CIA,” he said. “The plane is somewhere, maybe without MAS [Malaysia Airlines] markings,” he said.

“It is a waste of time and money to look for debris or oil slick or to listen for pings from the black box.” Dr Mahathir wrote in his latest blog that planes “don’t just disappear … certainly not these days, with all the powerful communications systems, radio and satellite tracking and filmless cameras which operate almost indefinitely, and possess huge storage capacities”. “Can it not be that the pilots of MH370 lost control of their aircraft after someone directly or remotely activated the equipment for seizure of control of the aircraft?” he wrote. Meanwhile, relatives of the 12 crew members on the plane claim Malaysia Airlines abandoned them after discovering they had engaged US law firm Ribbeck Law Chartered for legal assistance.

Jacquita Gonzales, the wife of Patrick Gomez who was the in-flight supervisor on MH370, said the airline sent relatives an email last Friday advising that caregivers who had been assigned to help families had been terminated. The airline earlier this month closed family assistance and accommodation centers in Beijing. “…it’s actually not right, because our caregivers are not there to advise on legal matters.” Ms Gonzales said the airline had told relatives to now engage with the airline through lawyers. “As far as I am concerned, my husband is still an employee of MAS...as far as I am concerned, my husband is still on MH370, on a flight to Beijing and he has not come back from Beijing yet,” she said.
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun May 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Torch » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Seems the theory passed along to me is getting traction.

Passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 may have died from lack of oxygen hours before the pilot allegedly performed a "controlled ditching" and crashed the plane in the Indian Ocean. The new book, The Truth Behind the Loss of Flight 370, contains the theory of expert aircraft accident investigator and book author Ewan Wilson.
View Full Image

REUTERS/Jason Lee

Wilson, a commercial pilot and Kiwi Airlines founder, believes the 239 people on board became unconscious four hours before the Malaysian aircraft went down in the ocean. He said his conclusion was based on his evaluation of "every conceivable alternative scenario."

The author claimed that aviation investigators have considered the possibility of MH370 pilot Captain Ahmad Shah intentionally depressurizing the cabin so passengers will be starved of oxygen. In this scenario, oxygen masks would have immediately dropped down so passengers can get oxygen supply. However, investigators said the supply usually lasts for only 20 minutes and passengers who failed to reach for their masks because they were asleep would have lost consciousness in a matter of minutes.

Wilson claimed that everyone on board MH370 would have "slipped into a coma and died" from lack of oxygen supply.

The author explained his theory in the book and claimed Ahmad Shah could have locked his co-pilot out of the cockpit to execute his plan. He was alleged to have performed a "controlled ditching" which would explain why no plane debris was found after months of searching. The author believes MH370 was intact when it landed and sank in water.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) has concluded that people on board MH370 may have died from hypoxia or deficiency of oxygen. Malaysian authorities had also suspected the crash to be an "inside job" involving Ahmad Shah. However, Australian authorities did not have new evidence from the Malaysian aircraft.

The MH370 claims were published in the book Wilson co-wrote with New Zealand journalist Geoff Taylor. Wilson, a veteran aviation safety investigator, said he wanted to "convey the human stories" of the missing plane.

Wilson and Taylor believe Shah was reportedly suffering from a mental illness. They claimed Sha deceived Fariq Hamid, the co-pilot, into taking a break 40 minutes after the plane took off from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

The authors claimed Sha made his last known contact with air traffic control after locking out Hamid with the words, "Goodnight Malaysian 370" before switching all communications. Wilson and Taylor believe Sha had enough time to carry out his "final act" during the last remaining hours' worth of oxygen.

The authors conclude the pilot had then directed the plane to head towards the southern Indian Ocean. After the fuel ran out, he let the plane cruise a further 100 nautical miles before his controlled ditching act.

Wilson said Sha was known for his methodical, technical and egotistical nature. He believes the pilot may have issued a challenge to his family and the world to find the plane.
Torch
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:41 am

What do you think that the odds are that someone would be able to skip a 777 across the surface of the ocean without having the lower lobe cargo doors to fail and baggage and cargo popping out? There is around a zero percent chance that zero crap would escape the aircraft pressure vessel when you put one in the drink.

The described scenario is probably how the folks on board died but the plane went somewhere else.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:19 am

MJK wrote:What do you think that the odds are that someone would be able to skip a 777 across the surface of the ocean without having the lower lobe cargo doors to fail and baggage and cargo popping out? There is around a zero percent chance that zero crap would escape the aircraft pressure vessel when you put one in the drink.

Didn't they think the same about A320s before that guy ditched on in the Hudson?

Disclaimer: I know fricken nothing about aviation.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:42 pm

ROB wrote:
MJK wrote:What do you think that the odds are that someone would be able to skip a 777 across the surface of the ocean without having the lower lobe cargo doors to fail and baggage and cargo popping out? There is around a zero percent chance that zero crap would escape the aircraft pressure vessel when you put one in the drink.

Didn't they think the same about A320s before that guy ditched on in the Hudson?

Disclaimer: I know fricken nothing about aviation.

Big difference between the Hudson River and the southern Indian Ocean where waves are like small in-motion mountains.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby MJK » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:17 am

I'm thinking that you're not going to be able to bleed off energy like Sully did by dragging the tail; and even if the multiple wave strikes that would be happening during a a wheels up forced landing at sea(the first one at about 190-200 mph) didn't bust open the pressure vessel the impact on the ocean floor would. I think an intact 777 would sink like a lawn dart, it doesn't seem like it would flutter down shaped as it is. Seldom do sinking ships not break up on impact with the seabed and most break up on the way down.

In order to fill the plane with water you would have to open a door, and stuff would be starting to float out right away. I'm not seeing how anyone could let in enough water to get her sinking and the RE-CLOSE the door alone, with rapidly changing angles and the ocean whipping their ass in the dark. With the door closed the vessel is sealed and would pop like a Thai condom as it sank-blowing shit everywhere.

The fact that a 'debris-less' crash is super highly unlikely, so I am heartened by the notion that the highly placed players responsible failed to provide a debris field. They are making mistakes-that's a good thing.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bronco » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Why concentrate on locations that are only out at sea? The plane was capable of making it to many places on land, possibly as far as Somalia, where the plane could have been hidden immediately, repainted for future use and the passengers could be hostages or just killed off by some radical group. A plane that size could be useful as weapon in the same manner as those planes used on 9/11. It might just be buried in the jungles of almost any country surrounding the Bay of Bengal.

Frankly, I'm surprised that there isn't some kind of ID chip on board that tells someone where the plane it at all times. They can tag ducks, fish, bears, wolves and other animals/things, why not tag the aircraft? It does seem almost impossible to lose something that big. I doubt though, that anyone would be able to control the aircraft remotely as the ex-Prime Minister suggests.
"I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Postby gnaruki » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:36 pm

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:04 am

almost certainly
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby denise » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:55 am

Jetsam!
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:25 pm

denise wrote:Jetsam!

Nice. Bit dark but irresistable.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Douchebag » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:46 pm

nowonmai wrote:
denise wrote:Jetsam!

Nice. Bit dark but irresistable.

jetsam! jetsam! Jetsam baby!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI[/youtube]
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe