Malaysion Flight 370 where art thou?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Malaysion Flight 370 where art thou?

Postby svizzerams » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Pings relocated.....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-a ... -1.2603564

The frustrating month-long search for the Malaysian jetliner received a tremendous boost when a navy ship detected two more signals that most likely emanated from the aircraft's black boxes. The Australian official co-ordinating the search expressed hope Wednesday that the wreckage will soon be found.

Angus Houston, head of a joint agency co-ordinating the search for the missing plane in the southern Indian Ocean, said that the Australian naval vessel Ocean Shield picked up the two signals on Tuesday, and that an analysis of two sounds detected in the same area on Saturday showed they were consistent with a plane's black boxes.

"I'm now optimistic that we will find the aircraft, or what is left of the aircraft, in the not-too-distant future. But we haven't found it yet, because this is a very challenging business," Houston said at a news conference in Perth, the hub for the search operation.

The signals detected 1,645 kilometres northwest of Perth are the strongest indication yet that the plane crashed and is now lying at the bottom of the ocean in the area where the search is now focused. Still, Houston warned he could not yet conclude that searchers had pinpointed Flight MH370's crash site.

"I think that we're looking in the right area, but I'm not prepared to say, to confirm, anything until such time as somebody lays eyes on the wreckage," he said.

Finding the black boxes quickly is a matter of urgency because their locator beacons have a battery life of only about a month, and Tuesday marked exactly one month since the plane vanished on March 8 with 239 people on board.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby MJK » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:13 pm

Interesting in light of recent events. Of course, a plane reconfigured for fuel transport isn't going to have the baggage, seat cushions and other shit that comprise a good debris field so it's gonna be easier to lose.

http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-f ... 87/?page=1
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:13 am

svizzerams wrote:
Finding the black boxes quickly is a matter of urgency because their locator beacons have a battery life of only about a month, and Tuesday marked exactly one month since the plane vanished on March 8 with 239 people on board.

This. This is a problem. In the age of whatever the fuck we are now, they can't fix this?

We can do this, apparently:

VOYAGER 1
DISTANCE FROM EARTH CURRENTLY:

18,999,914,372 KM

and still monitor the fucking thing as it leaves our solar system as it enters interstellar space, and we apparently can't find an airplane black box in our own fucking ocean?

What should I be believing here?
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Woodsman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:07 pm

-You should believe that there is more money and focus invested in the communications and control of an inventory and exploration pursuit of the interstellar type than on one of thousands of airplanes in the skies flying 24/7 throughout the world.

-You should believe that there is more known about the most remote lands than there is about the ocean floor surrounding those lands and that even the land information is very incomplete.

-You should believe that there is more ocean than land on the globe.

-You should believe that the ocean is not "ours", but rather it has been here long before us and will be present long after.

-Most of all however, you should believe that public dissemination regarding this flight is limited and intentionally restricted for various reasons.

Of course you can believe anything, but I figured lending a few ideas wouldn't hurt. :)

Did someone steal the plane? Maybe. Will we find out why? maybe, maybe not. I am guessing someone reading this post right now knows more about it than we do. They may not be able to talk about it, but that's par for the course.

sparrow wrote:We can do this, apparently:

VOYAGER 1

18,999,914,372 KM

and still monitor the fucking thing as it leaves our solar system as it enters interstellar space, and we apparently can't find an airplane black box in our own fucking ocean?

Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby roach coach » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:14 am

We should throw money at exploring the ocean floor, and people like James Cameron for doing so, finding the bar and then raising it.
..................__
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
........\.................'...../
.........'\............. _.·´
...........\..............(
............\..............\
BROFIST
roach coach
BFCus Regularus

Postby Royal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:22 am

No one is asking the real questions.

I nearly crashed the car when I heard on that radio the signals from the flight recorders were detected.
Everything is so wrong.

From the initial shutdown of comms when approaching Vietnamese airspace, the malaysians saying it is a criminal investigation, the assumption that the flight was controlled & flown over malaysian airspace undetected, (no one is asking the right questions) the prime minister almost immediately saying the satellite images of floating junk was the wreckage & for me the fact that signals from a black box were then detected just beggars beleif.

Even if wreckage were found after all this time, the chances of being close enough to be able to pick up signals are still hundreds of thousands to one.

The world is being fed a load of shit as usual.
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby Royal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:51 pm

sparrow wrote:
svizzerams wrote:

This. This is a problem. In the age of whatever the fuck we are now, they can't fix this?

We can do this, apparently:

VOYAGER 1

18,999,914,372 KM

It's now possible for sending info that would otherwise go to flight recorders to a system via satellites that works on the same principe as i-cloud.
Relative cheap for the big carriers but still quite pricey & they won't spend $$$$ until it's compulasary. (So won't happen)

The compromise will probably be a much lower frequency (around 8kHz.) transmitted from the recorders which should increase the signal range by a factor of over approximately 10 times & a much increased battery life.
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby Woodsman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:57 am

Agree about the world being fed shit 100%.

Question is - where DID it go?
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Red Herring? Or not?

Postby svizzerams » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:28 pm

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - The countries searching for the missing Malaysian jet are assessing a claim by a resource survey company that it found possible plane wreckage in the northern Bay of Bengal, Malaysia's defense minister said Tuesday.

The location is far from where the underwater and surface search has been concentrated for weeks. Australia-based GeoResonance Pty Ltd. stressed that it is not certain it found the Malaysia Airlines plane missing since March 8, but it called for its findings to be investigated.

The company uses imaging, radiation chemistry and other technologies to search for oil, gas or mineral deposits. In hunting for Flight 370, it used the same technology to look on the ocean floor for chemical elements that would be present in a Boeing 777: aluminum, titanium, jet fuel residue and others.

GeoResonance compared multispectral images taken March 5 and 10 - before and after the plane's disappearance - and found a specific area where the data varied between those dates, it said in a statement. The location is about 190 kilometers (118 miles) south of Bangladesh.

Malaysian Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said China and Australia were aware of the announcement. "Malaysia is working with its international partners to assess the credibility of this information," a statement from his office said.

GeoResonance said it began trying to find the plane before the official search area moved to the southern Indian Ocean. "The only motivation is to help the families of the missing passengers and crew, knowing the company has the technology capable of the task," it said.

Flight 370 was carrying 239 passengers and crew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing when it disappeared the morning of March 8. Radar tracking and communications from the cockpit showed the plane reached cruising altitude without incident, but it veered off course for unknown reasons and flew west across the Malay Peninsula.

India, Bangladesh and other countries to the north have said they never detected the plane in their airspace. The jet had contact with a satellite from British company Inmarsat for a few more hours, and investigators have concluded from that data that the flight ended in the southern Indian Ocean.

An underwater signal consistent with an aircraft's black boxes was detected in that search area off western Australia on April 8, but no conclusive evidence has been found.

GeoResonance said it gave its preliminary findings to investigators on March 31 and was surprised by a lack of response. That claim could not be confirmed.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Royal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:13 pm

The aussi prime minister had his 15 of fame shouting how certain he was that aus had located the flight recorder (but no wreckage) at the same time as the aussi search officer was saying that it was to early to say.
Politicians are so self obsessed-& all the other things.

Despite all the "ping" evidence I have always had a feeling it came down on land.

So much more straightforward to search over water than getting boots on ground in so many countries.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby Royal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:34 pm

OK I'll through this out at you.

Aviation experts, not politicians, are adamant that the comms were deliberately shut off & the aircraft turned, initially back towards Malaysia.

Since 9/11-Rouge plane, radio silence = scramble to intercept/force to land. No response, shoot it down.
It was shot down around the area of initial search (land or water).
Search begins.
For reasons unknown, after a short time it was decided by more than one government to coverup the shoot down.

It was a Boeing but the U.S has been unusually quiet considering the electronic worldwide electronic monitoring the superpower has.

The "Ping" that indicates that it flew for at least another 5 hours is misinformation (i.e.Iraqs WMD).
It's got everyone away from the crash site as it's relatively easy to identify if a jetliner was "shot down"
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby MJK » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:45 am

I hadn't given any thought to the pings being a red herring. Reminds me of James Angleton's lament about a 'wilderness of mirrors'. Pretty hard to tell who the woof cookie salesmen are these days.

I believe that a government can keep secret a premeditated shootdown of a jet liner. A shootdown that suddenly crops up? Not so much. How would the military know that there was a problem to start with? They have to be called in by some other entity like ATC or the airline. Now you're talking about a chain of folks keeping a pretty juicy secret. I also stand by my earlier theory that whether augered in for Allah or shot down, a splashed 777 will make a mess that is hard to hide. The Malaysians seem clueless; who else would dare shoot down another country's aircraft over international waters, hijacking or not?

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/5355 ... t-521.html
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:38 am

What gets me tin foil hatty is that the plane was on the news all the time for weeks, it was almost a joke. Then, suddenly, they announced that they'd decided on a theory (it was an accident, it happened like this, it dropped into the water around here, we'll find it tomorrow, probably), and it wasn't on the news much at all anymore. No longer in people's public consciousness.

I asked a CNN junkie friend what had ever happened with the plane, and she was all, "I think they found it." Checked, and it wasn't so. Turned on CNN a couple times and that baseball billionaire had said racist stuff and gotten fined.

That's what makes me suspicious. The sudden drop-off in news with zero evidence about what actually happened either way. One of the NOKMalaysians did an AMA yesterday, he think the plane went north and landed on land. BUT. Now that I google it, it looks like all his comments were deleted. Maybe they found out he was a fake, though it doesn't say anything to that affect. He said that was concerned about giving away any details that would allow authorities to identify him, FWIW….
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Bronco » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:04 pm

For what it's worth, searchers sure put a lot of faith in what might have been a mistake. The "ping" may have been any of several other devices used to track ocean currents or perhaps some military device nobody wants to acknowledge, but to automatically assume it's real, and in a location so far from the original course of travel is questionable. I suspect the plane was headed north, not south and I think it could have been an attempt by pirates to expand their domain from mere ships at sea to air ships. It might have had enough fuel to make it to Somalia, but it might have crashed before it got to it's final destination.
At any rate, it does seem that either the News enterprises have lost interest or they've been shut off by someone who does not want a closer examination of the events. It certainly dropped to a low priority story pretty quickly.
"I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Postby MJK » Thu May 01, 2014 7:24 pm

Don't really know what to think about this item besides that it is definitely out there. What the hell, it's not like anybody else has a better supported theory right now.

http://www.abeldanger.net/2014/04/1944- ... im-in.html
MJK
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe