Black Flag Cafe: Social Media

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Black Flag Cafe: Social Media

Postby executiveout » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:52 am

always happy to be of service...
Like a laugh, need a reminder of life's fickle finger of fate?... visit my Blog today
https://fatmilton.wordpress.com/
executiveout

Postby executiveout » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:32 am

Thank you for taking my family info out of the forum.
Like a laugh, need a reminder of life's fickle finger of fate?... visit my Blog today
https://fatmilton.wordpress.com/
executiveout

Postby TheRealMaxStelmacker » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:29 pm

Kurt wrote:
ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote:That is the advantage of owning your own online content.

This.

You move the BFC to Facebook, and goodbye BFC. It just takes a Mach or two to report it and it's all gone.

He has been active again since I got a rambling email a while back. Marty Feldman + ISIS = HATECRIME. But I think he is too obsessed with the BFC to want it destroyed.

Anyway, about owning content and social medial.

http://www.oxwall.org/

This is a "free" social media application but by "free" I mean you have to work hard to make it not look like the internet's butthole. It could actually integrate the gear dorks, knife fetishist and armchair travelers (like me now) that have made the RYP empire what it is now.

But ultimately you would just have all dorks being able to post photos and stuff like they can do here with a small amount of effort. But Oxwall would allow us to have a "status" without having to put any effort into writing anything. Some people might like that.

You and fug fug fug friends can talk all you like behind anyones back all you like as long as I live and breathe I can call you out on any bare faced lie you choose to shout out loud about...any kind of letter rambling sent by me to you better be proven with your status quo system equivalent of kindergarten show and tell. Which is where I consider your guys grade school to be the equivalent thereof. "A rambling email a while back" my ass you are just being the same prick you always were since you left Wisconsin.
TheRealMaxStelmacker
mach

Postby TheRealMaxStelmacker » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:39 pm

This is Machiz aka Machizmo right here, anyone who doesnt admit to knowing the long form of my handle doesnt have a long enough memory to comment in a worthwhile way. I got screen caps from a yellow and red font incarnation of BFC years ago (no registration needed then before Kurt was a mod and long before GrimReaper aka ColdHarvest) where I posted as MAXITTO! MAX - EE- TOE! Kurt you have any screen caps from that to show? Show and tell are we in grade school here or stuck in kindergarten? Never got banned from there once. Seems like a lot of people have selective memory these days and dont know when to admit when a horse is dead a horse is dead. But grow the fuck up all of you. Sprout some grey colored pubes. And just btw get off The Facebook unless you like like like like and like Mark Zuckerbergs posts and follow him.
TheRealMaxStelmacker
mach

Postby TheRealMaxStelmacker » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:42 pm

executiveout wrote:Thank you for taking my family info out of the forum.

What happened here? I remember looking up EO in the phone book aka as White Pages and asking for an interview. Those were so the days. You could do anything if you could touch the knob or just knock.
TheRealMaxStelmacker
mach

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe