Europe on suicide watch

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Europe on suicide watch

Postby pyrohydra » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:31 pm

I'm surprised at how little attention the migrant crisis in Europe is getting here. It seems clear that the millions of alien migrants flooding in will destabilize European countries in a way that hasn't been seen for several decades. And now videos like this are making the rounds: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=44vzMNG2fZc

Already in Germany some local authorities are refusing to cooperate further with the federal government, and there is even talk of a military coup to remove Merkel by force.
pyrohydra
BFCus Regularus

Re: Europe on suicide watch

Postby snaark » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:57 am

Really? Its all pretty much business as usual from what I see.

Coup in Germany? You're a funny guy!
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:42 am

I'm not driving for the VW winter test program for the first half of the season so it will be January before I get to talk to the German engineers. The ones who kept their jobs, anyway. Nobody ever talks politics with them over here and I have learned a lot about the Teutonic mindset chatting with them.

What has Soros been up to lately…this contrived refugee migration looks to have his fingerprints all over it.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am

Germans are usually pretty happy to talk politics.

The people I know, like most of the country, are split. Some are understandably worried about the number of refugees, others are positive and think it'll be a good thing, provided they're integrated properly. Almost everyone feels some degree of compassion. Of course, there are xenophobes, but that's the same everywhere.

I suspect the impact has been overstated. Economists have said that, in the near term, it will have a nett positive effect on the German economy, since all the spending acts as a stimulus. In the long term, well that depends on how well they're integrated.

To give you an idea, my jogging route takes me past a school gymnasium, which is currently being used as a temporary shelter for refugees. I usually see them at night taking German lessons from volunteers. The company I work (a DAX 30 firm) for also allows employees to volunteer their time (at the companies expense) for such things.

There will be problems, of course, but Germany will deal with them. They have, after all, dealt with much worse.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:59 am

There will be minor incidents for the next generation or two.

Then liberalism will win as an ideology versus the backwards shit that the immigrants bring with them.

As it always does.

Footnotes: Greeks in Australia, Indians in UK, Italians in US.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:39 am

Yeah...

No one getting gangraped.
"Refugee" ccenters not going up in flames at night.
Berlin = all of Germany.
Zimmerman really White.
Etc...etc...
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby pyrohydra » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:35 am

ROB wrote:There will be minor incidents for the next generation or two.

Then liberalism will win as an ideology versus the backwards shit that the immigrants bring with them.

As it always does.

Footnotes: Greeks in Australia, Indians in UK, Italians in US.

The problem is that there are too many of them.

They will not integrate into their host cultures. Rather they will demand that German society conform to their beliefs, and the Germans will obey even though it would mean the destruction of their liberal social democracy.

The muslims in the UK are already calling for sharia law.
pyrohydra
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:11 pm

ROB wrote:Footnotes: Greeks in Australia, Indians in UK, Italians in US.

Or indeed Turks in Germany! There are about 3 million of them here, and while some Germans will whine about them not having "integrated", its still possible to tuck into a plate of Schweinehaxe and a glass of Hefeweizen whilst watching Bayern München play Borussia Dortmund, it that's what floats your boat. Plus they invented the Döner, the sentinel of inebriated persons everywhere. Germany is still a relatively homogeneous country, at least compared to the US and Oz, plus it has one the most rapidly ageing populations in the world. A few more non-blonde types to help pay for Heribert and Hildegards pensions is much needed.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Everyone is feeling the lurve in Paris tonight, Friday 13th, someone has a sense of humour.

Apropos of fuck all except that the best thing to do when the world goes to shit is to kick back to a bit of Baccara with a warming glass of whisky.

Salut!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSQjx79dR8s[/youtube]
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:22 pm

pyrohydra wrote:

They will not integrate into their host cultures. Rather they will demand that German society conform to their beliefs, and the Germans will obey even though it would mean the destruction of their liberal social democracy.

Blah blah blah - not a single thing in your diatribe that couldn't find equivalents in past immigration debates.

Think about it. You're a 16 year old son or grandson of a conservative immigrant. You have two choices of ways to spend your weekend. Going to church/mosque. Or going out drinking and shagging girls with the other kids your age.

Which one are you going to choose?

And that is why liberalism always beats these silly conservative pockets of society in the end. Put simply, it's better. Sure, it takes a generation or two. Sometimes even three. But it wins. Always.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:34 pm

What a cunt.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Need a hanky?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:39 pm

ROB wrote:
pyrohydra wrote:

Blah blah blah - not a single thing in your diatribe that couldn't find equivalents in past immigration debates.

Think about it. You're a 16 year old son or grandson of a conservative immigrant. You have two choices of ways to spend your weekend. Going to church/mosque. Or going out drinking and shagging girls with the other kids your age.

Which one are you going to choose?

And that is why liberalism always beats these silly conservative pockets of society in the end. Put simply, it's better. Sure, it takes a generation or two. Sometimes even three. But it wins. Always.

Booze and sex will triumph.

The problem is that when I am around my fuddy duddy Christian relatives, I nod, I ignore them and wait for them to leave.

Muslims always seem to conform to their beardy pious ones. I have worked with Muslims and gone out drinking with them and suddenly a beardo shows up and *poof* all the fun loving, drinking muslims suddenly stop going out and start bringing rugs to work so they can pray.

So one thing they have to do is conform to us by telling their religious pals "yes, I am going to pray, sure I am. I never drink, thanks for your concern. Bye now!" then be all *glug, glug, glug...screw screw screw*

That will save the West.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Black Flag Cafe