Where to go from here -- share your wisdom

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Where to go from here -- share your wisdom

Postby coldharvest » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:28 am

frostyneutron wrote:But if you have this kind of information, it might be nice to share it here in the forum.

Unlikely because he knows better
I mean, I think a lot of guys here have similar ambitions.

so did Amanda Lindhout
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:35 pm

coldharvest wrote:
frostyneutron wrote:But if you have this kind of information, it might be nice to share it here in the forum.

Unlikely because he knows better
I mean, I think a lot of guys here have similar ambitions.

so did Amanda Lindhout

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14237

The Classic. People talked her out of Iraq but she went anyway, met a man she did not have sex with who tried to come to the BFC to secure some post-abduction pooty.

search.php?author_id=6291&sr=posts

And the rest is history.

But lots of people come here, go to where the gunfire is, and come back. I personally love cubicles, TPS reports and mini-fridges. If you think about it the modern office environment is a true miracle, just like contraception is more miraculous than childbirth, but people go on and on about childbirth as they go on and on about how they do not work in a cubicle.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:06 pm

You could do this:

thelionsofrojava.com

All you have to do is provide your own plane ticket. They will handle the rest. Be careful, though. Like maybe they are PKK who change into HDP uniforms to fight ISIS. PKK remains on the official terrorist designation according to USA and EU. Also, a person could find him/herself catching bullets from Turkey, as Turkey fucking frowns on Kurds ,especially PKK.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby frostyneutron » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:21 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:You could do this:

thelionsofrojava.com

All you have to do is provide your own plane ticket. They will handle the rest. Be careful, though. Like maybe they are PKK who change into HDP uniforms to fight ISIS. PKK remains on the official terrorist designation according to USA and EU. Also, a person could find him/herself catching bullets from Turkey, as Turkey fucking frowns on Kurds ,especially PKK.

This is an interesting post. HDP is a political party; PKK is a communist, terrorist organization. Nobody has an HDP nametag on their shirt. But yes you're right; there are strong connections there. I'll check out the site.
frostyneutron

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:34 pm

[quote="frostyneutron"]

; PKK is a communist, terrorist organization. .[/quote]

allegedly & officially, yah. But that's old news.

There is a dentist who posts on here. He does missions to Kurdistan, literally missions as he is a missionary. Once Daesh started killing Christians some of the born-agains of America got their back up & became concerned about the Kurds. They do help people so it's all good.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby frostyneutron » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:47 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:
frostyneutron wrote:
; PKK is a communist, terrorist organization. .

allegedly & officially, yah. But that's old news.

There is a dentist who posts on here. He does missions to Kurdistan, literally missions as he is a missionary. Once Daesh started killing Christians some of the born-agains of America got their back up & became concerned about the Kurds. They do help people so it's all good.

Right, there are lots of Kurd Christians. Them, and the Kurd Muslims, need help. Shit, if there's a dentist or doctor going in there, to help them out, I'll do security and comms for them. PM me.

Editing this post: there is no doubt that the PKK is a terrorist organization. You can assign whatever significance you'd like to their mission statement (which as far as I know, isn't actually codified, except to claim 'Kurdishness'), but if you watch the news you know better. A position against the PKK is not a position against Kurds, however. The Kurds are a disenfranchised people (maybe work harder? I dunno...) that need help. So I'll help them, if I can. But I won't work with people who kill civilians for publicity.
Last edited by frostyneutron on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frostyneutron

Postby Q » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:13 pm

nowonmai wrote:
Q wrote:
frostyneutron wrote:
Awesome. It'll get you far whilst in prison in Iraq or Nigeria.

Enjoy.

Don't say "whilst" if you want people to take you seriously. They'll immediately understand that you're trying too hard. But, I'm still interested in what you said. Are you an analyst? I've spent some time working with analysts (but, not as an analyst. That's foreign to me.) The analysts I've worked with were pretty cool, and smart guys.

I gave up doing the shit you want to do because it sucks when compared to the alternative.

If you want to fuck off to Erbil or points North of Abuja, I can give you the info you are seeking, but might not want to hear.

PM me for more dream killing.

So because your dream didn't work, no one else's can? My response would be less dreaming, more planning makes Jack a happy boy.

Mine worked out just fine. Exceedingly well actually.

I'm simply stating that things have changed.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby frostyneutron » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Q wrote:I'm simply stating that things have changed.

They've moved. But they haven't decreased in intensity. PM sent.
frostyneutron

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:19 pm

[quote="frostyneutron"][quote="seektravelinfo"][quote="frostyneutron"]

Editing this post: there is no doubt that the PKK is a terrorist organization. You can assign whatever significance you'd like to their mission statement (which as far as I know, isn't actually codified, except to claim 'Kurdishness'), but if you watch the news you know better. A position against the PKK is not a position against Kurds, however. The Kurds are a disenfranchised people (maybe work harder? I dunno...) that need help. So I'll help them, if I can. But I won't work with people who kill civilians for publicity.[/quote]

If and when you go into a war zone to help you'd do well to recognize that not everything (such as Rojava) will be "codified" to your standards. You have to be able to deal with that and not go all tsk-tsk over someone else's fight. You certainly should not suggest to these people that if they "maybe work harder" then they won't be "disenfranchised".

They get volunteers all the live-long day. It's a P.R. thing. The PeshMerga will be happy to babysit you.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:36 pm

Kurt wrote:just like contraception is more miraculous than childbirth, but people go on and on about childbirth as they go on and on about how they do not work in a cubicle.

Don't be daft, the power of veto is never as sophisticated as the power of creation.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:30 pm

nowonmai wrote:
Kurt wrote:just like contraception is more miraculous than childbirth, but people go on and on about childbirth as they go on and on about how they do not work in a cubicle.

Don't be daft, the power of veto is never as sophisticated as the power of creation.

But it is often smarter.

And the division of labor it takes to get us to the point where we can forget about the obvious is a true miracle.

People who have never done actual work, as in manual labor, hate cubicles. If it was not for contraception people would not be able to make a big deal about their little miracle babies.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby nowonmai » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:56 pm

Kurt wrote:
nowonmai wrote:

But it is often smarter.

And the division of labor it takes to get us to the point where we can forget about the obvious is a true miracle.

People who have never done actual work, as in manual labor, hate cubicles. If it was not for contraception people would not be able to make a big deal about their little miracle babies.

What a load of old waffle. Go into a lab and make a baby human from just a few chemicals, grow it to the point where it can converse with me and then I'll believe that some chemical interference with a process is a bigger miracle than making a baby.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:34 pm

nowonmai wrote:
Kurt wrote:
nowonmai wrote:

But it is often smarter.

What a load of old waffle. Go into a lab and make a baby human from just a few chemicals, grow it to the point where it can converse with me and then I'll believe that some chemical interference with a process is a bigger miracle than making a baby.

Culture has trumped biology, so of course it is bigger. It might not be better though, but low birth rate combined with low infant mortality is a genuine miracle.

Same thing with cubicle work. I'd have to work really hard to lose a finger in a cubicle, where there are multiple ways to lose fingers not trying doing farm work. Getting paid to sit at a desk for 8 hours while doing 1 hour of work may seem dull, but compared to planting corn and stabbing a cow it is brilliant.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby frostyneutron » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:25 am

Kurt wrote:Getting paid to sit at a desk for 8 hours while doing 1 hour of work may seem dull, but compared to planting corn and stabbing a cow it is brilliant.

This board is incredible.
frostyneutron

Postby Q » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:03 pm

frostyneutron wrote:
Kurt wrote:Getting paid to sit at a desk for 8 hours while doing 1 hour of work may seem dull, but compared to planting corn and stabbing a cow it is brilliant.

This board is incredible.

What's incredible is you refusing to answer my response to your PM in which you signed off as "ColdHarvest".

Look...we're pretty dysfunctional when it comes to getting along on this board, and we have our fair share of fucknuts.

But, we don't tolerate liars or fakes. Or frauds fishing for info that have a hidden agenda.

Now, piss off.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe