Speaking of dumbasses: Sagebrush Rebellion Part deux

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Speaking of dumbasses: Sagebrush Rebellion Part deux

Postby ROB » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:29 am

svizzerams wrote:A lot of the "media" that was available to the public came directly from the occupiers themselves, particularly Pete Santilli.

Wow, so Snatilli had a national and international media distribution network that he used to get that stuff out?

Who knew!
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:43 am

friendlyskies wrote:That is their job. You're breaking the law, you're interfering with people doing legal stuff, etc. But, you're willing to break the law, and risk getting arrested, hurt, or killed, because the law is unjust

And what I am telling you, is that in every other western democracy, the police will put the importance of a person's life WELL above the need to enforce an arbitrary law, especially when there is no immediate physical danger to anyone.

Your adherence to arbitrary rules above common sense borders on hysterical at times.

Shooting someone, cos somebody else can't go to work? I mean, fucking seriously? Think about what you're actually saying there. A guy's right to goof off in front of tetris is more important that another's right to exist?

Because "gubment property?"
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:47 am

ROB wrote:Your adherence to arbitrary rules above common sense borders on hysterical at times.

Shooting someone, cos somebody else can't go to work? I mean, fucking seriously? Think about what you're actually saying there. A guy's right to goof off in front of tetris is more important that another's right to exist?

Because "gubment property?"

I admit I am longwinded at times, and it's difficult to read my posts. So the TL;DR: In unarmed protests, police have no excuse to shoot you. So, they don't. I've occupied federal buildings as part of political protests, with zero casualties, on several occasions. BUT, when you pull a gun on a cop, after threatening to kill cops on a video, they probably can shoot you.

The issue isn't stopping someone else from going to work, it's threatening to kill cops, then reaching for your gun to shoot a cop.

Sorry that wasn't clear!
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby ROB » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:30 am

friendlyskies wrote:I admit I am longwinded at times, and it's difficult to read my posts. So the TL;DR: In unarmed protests, police have no excuse to shoot you. So, they don't. I've occupied federal buildings as part of political protests, with zero casualties, on several occasions. BUT, when you pull a gun on a cop, after threatening to kill cops on a video, they probably can shoot you.

The issue isn't stopping someone else from going to work, it's threatening to kill cops, then reaching for your gun to shoot a cop.

Sorry that wasn't clear!

Ok fair enough, but then we're still left with threatening to kill a cop versus actually trying to kill a cop.

Big difference.

Again, a cop in any other western democracy actually waits for an ACTION rather than words.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:36 am

If you are going to turn a weapon on the overseers it should probably be crew-served.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:37 pm

ROB wrote:Ok fair enough, but then we're still left with threatening to kill a cop versus actually trying to kill a cop.

Big difference.

Again, a cop in any other western democracy actually waits for an ACTION rather than words.

You can pretend this is "any other western democracy," you can pretend that you can walk on water, hell, you can pretend you're able to breath on the moon. A rich and creative inner life is a wonderful thing.

But if you're organizing a protest in the United States of America, you have a responsibility to your cause and your protesters to keep in mind that this is where you are, and this is how it works: http://imgur.com/a/gqv0j
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby ROB » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:14 pm

friendlyskies wrote:http://imgur.com/a/gqv0j

And yet here you sit defending them by basically blaming the victim.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:30 pm

The militiaman they shot had his hands up.

He was out spreading the word of Jesus.

Dindu nuffins wrong.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am

ROB wrote:
friendlyskies wrote:http://imgur.com/a/gqv0j

And yet here you sit defending them by basically blaming the victim.

Yes but this victim didn't accord with Libtard Worldview 1.0 therefore the victim is lucky his entire family hasn't been shipped off to a gulag and invoiced for the bullet which killed him.

The word liberal was stolen long ago and re-purposed by Libtard newspeak. Most self-declared liberals deserve the title no more than East Germany deserved being called the German Democratic Republic. In Libtard universe everything is turned on its head.

Anarchists and black bloc dweebs are the same, finding common cause with Islamists and people traffickers as they stir up migrants in Europe in the name of class war and 'freedom' and open borders.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:40 pm

Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:38 pm

svizzerams wrote:LaVoy Finicum wrote a book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01490 ... ext&sr=1-1

Defend your base video stream/archives: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNe1Tr7EspiDNeeiJuXC5QA

After the fact justification of low grade cheerleading at someone's death. Are you incapable of recognising this fact? Just fess up, either say, 'yeah fuck him and his kind, I hope the Feds waste them all, the cunts' or admit that your "YES" was a misfire. If you're going be a dog then fucking bark.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:34 pm

nowonmai wrote:

Defend your base video stream/archives: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNe1Tr7EspiDNeeiJuXC5QA

After the fact justification of low grade cheerleading at someone's death. Are you incapable of recognising this fact? Just fess up, either say, 'yeah fuck him and his kind, I hope the Feds waste them all, the cunts' or admit that your "YES" was a misfire. If you're going be a dog then fucking bark.

I spy a false dichotomy logical fallacy.

svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:05 pm

Anyway, what brings you back around these parts? And how is Penta these days?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:25 pm

nowonmai wrote:Anyway, what brings you back around these parts? And how is Penta these days?

Nostalgia.

I've been off shooting things again in Tanzania.

svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby ROB » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:39 am

US Constitution - 1st Ammendment wrote:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe