Scalia croaks - time for change

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Scalia croaks - time for change

Postby nowonmai » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:11 am

He looks like a heart attack waiting to happen. Lucky he made it to 79.

But obviously he was killed by Clinton/Palin/Flipflop
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:53 pm

OLD GUY WITH PASTA ONLY DIET LIVES TO BE 79.

Taken too soon.

On topic: At what age do you all consider it normal for someone to just drop dead?

A classmate of mine that we called Elenor Rigby since none of us had heard of him until he died, dropped dead at age 24, and now I have forgotten his real name. He is just known as "that guy who died for some reason...who went to the showers wearing a full bathrobe and slippers".

But none of us suspected Elenor Rigby was murdered, we just figured that being asocial was somehow fatal, and that fit into our world view just fine, so none of us assumed a conspiracy.

Then another friend of mine died when he was around 30. He drank himself to death and that was hurried along by an ulcer that he decided to treat with vodka not knowing what the cause of the pain was, only that vodka dulled it. In the days before the internet another friend of mine, his roomate, had traveled to South America and was having a grand time meeting svelte, hairy legged lefty women that he kept on prolonging his stay. When he came back he saw his roomate had moved out and apparently left their appartment covered in blood, feces and vomit. A few angry phone calls later he discovered that he died and was buried and the mess was caused by his death throws. 30 years old, dead. No conspiracy.

I did not start hearing about conspiracies until people started over-dosing. One guy I knew crapped out on heroin at age 25. He was not a regular user or a user at all up until that moment, but he was dead and his apartment showed signs of him and one other person drinking beer and smoking. The cops determined he was with someone, they left, and then he ODed. Mine was his guest brought out heroin, they used, he died, his guest nodded out and woke up to a corpse and got out of there. But a dude overdoses and thats the end of that mystery.

Another friend of mine ODed in Mexico, most likely a suicide. She was the kind of person who was suicidal and had a drug habit, but she had such qualities that we refused to believe it was what it was. Some of us even thought that she had faked her death, very briefly for me until I realized that was difficult and she was the worst liar I ever met (she would have knocked on my door or made a phone call to me to tell me she was dead and how she did it) . Instead her sister and I briefly looked for a mysterious "Long Faced Man" before we realized that she had killed herself, and we should have realized that sooner.

I think as we get older, but still not at old age, we start to view death as optional. When I was younger and did not know what it was I viewed death as a punchline, or as a backdrop to the ever unfolding drama that was my life.

But the fact is that when you hit around 53 and have some health issues you enter the realm of it not being unusual to drop dead. The conspiracy that killed Scalia was the conspiracy of death against the living.

And that hunting club....Old dudes with capes will croak you any chance they get.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Douchebag » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:10 pm

His fight against the liberal tyranny killed him. He was a brave hero of conservatism and he died a hero stopping America becoming Obamastan!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby Douchebag » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:31 pm

The first thing that President Trump will do, will be to make Dick Cheney supreme court justice t replace great Scalia.
Cheney is true hero of the Republic.
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby Douchebag » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:59 pm

Spreading the message. Fuck yeah!

Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby frostyneutron » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Kurt wrote:OLD GUY WITH PASTA ONLY DIET LIVES TO BE 79.

Taken too soon.

On topic: At what age do you all consider it normal for someone to just drop dead?

A classmate of mine that we called Elenor Rigby since none of us had heard of him until he died, dropped dead at age 24, and now I have forgotten his real name. He is just known as "that guy who died for some reason...who went to the showers wearing a full bathrobe and slippers".

But none of us suspected Elenor Rigby was murdered, we just figured that being asocial was somehow fatal, and that fit into our world view just fine, so none of us assumed a conspiracy.

Then another friend of mine died when he was around 30. He drank himself to death and that was hurried along by an ulcer that he decided to treat with vodka not knowing what the cause of the pain was, only that vodka dulled it. In the days before the internet another friend of mine, his roomate, had traveled to South America and was having a grand time meeting svelte, hairy legged lefty women that he kept on prolonging his stay. When he came back he saw his roomate had moved out and apparently left their appartment covered in blood, feces and vomit. A few angry phone calls later he discovered that he died and was buried and the mess was caused by his death throws. 30 years old, dead. No conspiracy.

I did not start hearing about conspiracies until people started over-dosing. One guy I knew crapped out on heroin at age 25. He was not a regular user or a user at all up until that moment, but he was dead and his apartment showed signs of him and one other person drinking beer and smoking. The cops determined he was with someone, they left, and then he ODed. Mine was his guest brought out heroin, they used, he died, his guest nodded out and woke up to a corpse and got out of there. But a dude overdoses and thats the end of that mystery.

Another friend of mine ODed in Mexico, most likely a suicide. She was the kind of person who was suicidal and had a drug habit, but she had such qualities that we refused to believe it was what it was. Some of us even thought that she had faked her death, very briefly for me until I realized that was difficult and she was the worst liar I ever met (she would have knocked on my door or made a phone call to me to tell me she was dead and how she did it) . Instead her sister and I briefly looked for a mysterious "Long Faced Man" before we realized that she had killed herself, and we should have realized that sooner.

I think as we get older, but still not at old age, we start to view death as optional. When I was younger and did not know what it was I viewed death as a punchline, or as a backdrop to the ever unfolding drama that was my life.

But the fact is that when you hit around 53 and have some health issues you enter the realm of it not being unusual to drop dead. The conspiracy that killed Scalia was the conspiracy of death against the living.

And that hunting club....Old dudes with capes will croak you any chance they get.

That's rough, I'm sorry. I've seen that shit and it's always bad. Addicts can die pretty bad deaths. But I disagree with you about the 53 thing. I've known a few guys even in their 70s where were still solid enough to go out in the field with the ex-infantry / sf guys who worked for them. Genetics and just the right about of booze. Not too little, not too much. And vegetables. Never forget your vegetables.
frostyneutron

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Right. I know totally healthy people older than 53. I also know totally healthy people older than 53 who just dropped dead.

There comes a point where we have to admit that death comes and it comes suddenly and its more likely to happen to someone who is over 53 (an arbitrary number I just picked)

That German Yacht Mummy. 59. I bet people who knew him thought he was healthy, and he may have been...except for that one time when he died.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby frostyneutron » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:53 pm

Kurt wrote:Right. I know totally healthy people older than 53. I also know totally healthy people older than 53 who just dropped dead.

There comes a point where we have to admit that death comes and it comes suddenly and its more likely to happen to someone who is over 53 (an arbitrary number I just picked)

That German Yacht Mummy. 59. I bet people who knew him thought he was healthy, and he may have been...except for that one time when he died.

I'm young enough that I'm definitely not an authority but from what I've seen, it's really genetic. I know a family of alcoholics who lived to be old as dirt, and they stay stout. I know a family where everyone has diabetes or cancer or some other fucked up illness. Luck of the draw. I'd put money on the yacht mummy either committing suicide, being an alcoholic, or having something jacked up happening to him while he was sailing (running out of food or water and losing his sail).
frostyneutron

Postby nowonmai » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:22 pm

Kurt wrote:Right. I know totally healthy people older than 53. I also know totally healthy people older than 53 who just dropped dead.

He looked better as a mummy than many people look as people.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe