stuck in ecuador

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: stuck in ecuador

Postby Kurt » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:39 am

time2go wrote:Wishing I didnt exist but unfortunately I do.

Then impose your existence on State Department officials until you get what you want.

There will be plenty of time to not exist later.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby frostyneutron » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:56 am

Kurt wrote:

Then impose your existence on State Department officials until you get what you want.

The other guys have it right - just run. They're not going to put you into interpol or ask the us to extradite you. You can cross a border pretty easy away from the big roads and other established routes. Isn't there an open travel agreement with neighboring countries so that not having a visa exit stamp is normal?
frostyneutron

Postby frostyneutron » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:34 pm

frostyneutron wrote:
Kurt wrote:

The other guys have it right - just run. They're not going to put you into interpol or ask the us to extradite you. You can cross a border pretty easy away from the big roads and other established routes. Isn't there an open travel agreement with neighboring countries so that not having a visa exit stamp is normal?

I knew someone in this same situation. He got a lawyer in the country, and the lawyer told him to just leave and not come back. You could talk to State but theyre by and large pansy snobs who might hand you over to the police if they could get a deal out of it. Like I said if you can get out of country without stamping, or by paying someone at a border to stamp you, that's the way to go. Keep us updated
frostyneutron

Postby coldharvest » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:06 pm

frostyneutron wrote:Keep us updated

us?
who the fuck is 'us' sunshine? you and your life-partner?

you don't speak for the 'us' here you cunt so fuck the fuck off
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby coldharvest » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:34 pm

you sicken me
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:34 pm

[quote="coldharvest"][quote="frostyneutron"]Keep us updated[/quote]
us?

you don't speak for the 'us' here you cunt so fuck the fuck off[/quote]

Ha HA! I am beginning to enjoy this reawakening of the flag.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby frostyneutron » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:16 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:
coldharvest wrote:
frostyneutron wrote:Keep us updated

us?

you don't speak for the 'us' here you cunt so fuck the fuck off

Ha HA! I am beginning to enjoy this reawakening of the flag.

You can thank me later.
frostyneutron

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:38 pm

[quote="frostyneutron"][quote="seektravelinfo"][quote="coldharvest"][quote="frostyneutron"]Keep us updated[/quote]
us?

you don't speak for the 'us' here you cunt so fuck the fuck off[/quote]

Ha HA! I am beginning to enjoy this reawakening of the flag.[/quote]

You can thank me later.[/quote]

Except for you. Fuck off.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby frostyneutron » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:44 pm

Why do you keep fucking up quotes?
frostyneutron

Postby coldharvest » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:53 pm

frostyneutron wrote:Why do you keep fucking up quotes?

fuck off
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby flipflop » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:20 pm

It's a valid question, seeks' quoting fails are fucking up my OCD like fuck. Also, the OP was tl;dr, is he just another cunt or a misguided noob who can be saved ??

Now fuck off

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby frostyneutron » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:28 pm

flipflop wrote:It's a valid question, seeks' quoting fails are fucking up my OCD like fuck. Also, the OP was tl;dr, is he just another cunt or a misguided noob who can be saved ??

Now fuck off

Cheers

And I thought Allen Ginsberg was dead.
frostyneutron

Postby time2go » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:46 am

Hope you have not given up on me so quickly. I am not giving up. Just cuz I said I wish I didnt exist...it was just a knee jerk response to an earlier post. Nothing more.

Kurt thanks for your advice, but it seems like after you googled me maybe you judged me as some crazy coke addict. While I can understand, being that I did choose to make Peru my home, but it had nothing to do with drugs. Well if you consider waves to be drugs, then ok guilty. I could have left the drugs part out of my post but I was just being sincere. I certianly no longer smoke weed, in fact use nothing else at all, not even alcohol or coffe or cigs. So, reformed addict, well ok, sure. Kurt I suspect you found some old posts on another bulliten board, yes I used to weekend warrior all winter n spring in the beautiful backcountry of the eastern sierra of CA. Coke fueled? Never! Stoned...maybe so after a long climb...but always acutely aware of the dangers present and safety priority number one.

Having avoided not ending my life under a pile of snow from an avalanche, I feel blessed to have spent so many years chasing giant white waves snowboarding rarely visited corners of the sierra nevada. The snow stopped falling though, at least in my favorite areas. Climate change or warming trend, whatever it is, it will spell disaster for CA as they rely on the snow for water supply and farming in the central valley.

Anyway I fell back on my other true love, or natural addiction, surfing. Having been to Peru before and surfing one of the longest waves in the world there, I was itching to go back. I had lost a good job, first time I ever was laid off in my career. It hurt. So since I had some savings, decided pursue a dream of life in another country. It turned into an epic fail early on though. Mistakes were made. Lessons learned. The wolf in sheeps clothes bit me hard. I can sit and analyize what happened but cannot change the past, so accepted and just trying to move on.

This got dragged out for a few reasons...mostly I was under the false impression I would clear my name and win my case. After all, they let me out. That never happens to extranjeros. The judge was sympathetic, said mucho abuso, and seemed to be helping me, till they changed judges! My bank problem really left me in a tight spot. It left me stranded in Peru. I was out on conditional freedom, could not just leave thru the front door. Was also not really able to earn much more than enough for day to day survival, though I certianly tried. Commercial fishing with nets in boats, selling the catch and keeping enough to not go hungry, was my main source for income. When there was surf, we would not fish, so I switched gears and taught surfing, rented my equipment and did board repairs at night along with side gigs tutoring english students. I got a real taste for what it was like to survive in the provinces in northern peru.

It was not until may of 2015 when I became wanted and then I had to drop all that to go somewhere else more low profile. I was lucky I met some big hearted people, they did not have much, but certianly went above and beyond to help me. I never went hungry and found work but with local wages so low, no opportunites existed, especially for a foreigner without a work visa, and it was too late to fix that situation though I tried! Then I found a great opportunity, lucky me, but the door closed when I was not able to get a work visa.

I finally found a friend to help me, with a small loan. It was like I wont the tinka! (biggest lotto in peru). I sold everything worth anything, got pennies on the dollar, and left to head north. Speaking to kurt again, your refernce to my past as a mountianeer and how anal they are with planning, yes I agree. I thought my plan had a few unknowns, but in my situation, I was desperate... Call it summit fever, get there-itis. Kills people I know.

There were some other suggestions like go north with all the other wetbacks...wish it were that easy! Sure if I were one it would be easier but being a lone gringo with a passport, they would probably suspect I am the law. Plus those people still pay to go north, and I am not that lucky to have family backing of a few grand. I have no idea how to make contacts like that to begin with, but if I knew I would try!

Probably going to go desperately but carefully looking for someone to help me get the stamp I need, then try again to fly, but not from my current location.

Noob going back to not existing. Hasta la proxima.
time2go

Postby Kurt » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:51 pm

Good luck and I had no idea what to google, maybe the same username but I have been in that region before. Usually those gringos who go there and get stuck, get stuck because of drugs or women. What brings them there is something other than drugs, since someone with a real habit would not be able to travel anyway.

So I guessed mountains and snowboarding because it is easier to travel with a board than skis.

Anyway, good luck. get a plan B even if it is a shitty plan B.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Douchebag » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Try and get a boat back to the US.
You might have to work it (and work damn hard!) for nothing, but it's work looking at.
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe