90 days, 135 murders, 727 shot

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

90 days, 135 murders, 727 shot

Postby The Turd Polisher » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:16 pm

Chicago 2016 and it's not even warm out yet.....
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-c ... story.html

Chicago's finest
"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Re: 90 days, 135 murders, 727 shot

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:16 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJyali3rlk[/youtube]
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby MJK » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:04 pm

My mother's family lived in the Cabrini slums before they were called Cabrini-Green; back then it was mandated to be 25% black and 75% white. I remember our apartment in a 4 story walk-up on Hermitage Ave and it sure didn't feel like a ghetto or the wrong side of town, even though it really was.

I think that I would rather be in Detroit than ChiTown if things ever really unravel. They come out of the pocket on a whim in Chicago; there is no cure for what's wrong with that town, from the top down. The pols are socios, the School of Economics is the financial version of the School of the Americas. And the Cubs suck.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Douchebag » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:09 am

That's cos them immigrants is causing them problems.
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:14 am

Hey Jackass keeps a running score board of Chicago crime stats.

http://heyjackass.com/
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:26 am

the weather's been pretty schizophrenic lately. sideways blizzard Saturday and sunny 70 Sunday. shooting weather?

statistics.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Turd Polisher » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:14 am

mid-year update.....

180 days, 312 murders, 1,930 shot

that is almost twice the number of NYC and LA combined

forecast is warm and sunny over the 4th of July holiday weekend, with cops remaining fetal after their video highlights being released by Tiny Dancer Rahm, so the over-under is another 100 shootings by Tuesday

interesting that some closeted pillow biter Haji guns down 50 in Orlando and it is labeled the "worst mass shooting in United States history" but those numbers happen every month in Chiraq
"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Postby Douchebag » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:19 am

That's why the goverment should give every man, woman, and kid over 10 a gun, while kids of 5 should have trained in a gun!
President triumph will do this for the people!!!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:12 am

The Turd Polisher wrote:Interesting that some closeted pillow biter Haji guns down 50 in Orlando and it is labeled the "worst mass shooting in United States history" but those numbers happen every month in Chiraq

Aside from the fact that the "closet gay" story hasn't got a shred of evidence to back it up, this is true. If you mention the Chicago (or NOLA, or St. Louis), statistics in context, the message is very different. There's no way to pit Muslims against liberals, which requires writing a fat check to corrupt Pentagon grifters. It's black-on-black violence, or poor-on-poor violence, and changing that requires transforming education, infrastructure, manufacturing jobs, and so forth (or, empowering racists to decry blacks as inferior, which is fallacious and dangerous). The stats are not part of a radical increase in mass shootings over the past six years, concurrent with a rise in gun ownership, they're part of a steady drop in gun violence since 1993, now at a 51-year low. Especially in black-on-black violence. Which makes gun control look bad and abortion look fantastic, two points of view that make certain people uncomfortable.

I'm sure there are more...
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Q » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:27 pm

For now, at least, even most who identify as Democrat don't believe gun control works. It's a non issue that the Dem leaders still can't seem to realize. Like the Republicans and abortion, it just turns normal, rational people off.

That's not to say that in a few years when the US really starts getting hit with the snowflake voters that it won't change.

The whole "no firearms if you're on a watch list" isn't going to fly either. There's no due process involved, and it won't survive in court.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby MJK » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:45 pm

I think you may be wrong on 'no fly-no buy' Q. I know several vets back in Ak that wound up unable to buy due to the most minor of brushes with mental health arm of the VA...I think NFNB will be another incremental grab that pits Joe Average's ability to hire lawyers against the bottomless supply working for .gov. But I would love to be wrong about this.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:04 pm

MJK wrote:I think you may be wrong on 'no fly-no buy' Q. I know several vets back in Ak that wound up unable to buy due to the most minor of brushes with mental health arm of the VA...I think NFNB will be another incremental grab that pits Joe Average's ability to hire lawyers against the bottomless supply working for .gov. But I would love to be wrong about this.

Flying isn't a Constitutional right. Govt can't impede travel, but they aren't telling you that you can't travel in another way, just not on an airline. Not saying it's right, but that's their current argument.

Owning a firearm IS a right. They cannot take that away without due process.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby MJK » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:13 pm

You're a vet and I'm not, so I might be misunderstanding this but I was told that if the VA determines that you use a fiduciary to handle your benefits paperwork you automatically go on the no buy list. This came to my attention concerning a friend in a wheelchair who found out during a purchase attempt that he was on the NICS list; this guy had no official record of interactions with the mental health arm of the VA. This was a while back(2010) and Chuck Grassley was on it but I don't know how it shook out. It does seem to contradict your assertion that they can't prevent someone from enjoying his 2nd Amendment rights without due process. The VA regulation was I believe CFR ss 3.353. The incremental circumvention of the Constitution continues, albeit at a glacial pace.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:44 pm

MJK wrote:You're a vet and I'm not, so I might be misunderstanding this but I was told that if the VA determines that you use a fiduciary to handle your benefits paperwork you automatically go on the no buy list. This came to my attention concerning a friend in a wheelchair who found out during a purchase attempt that he was on the NICS list; this guy had no official record of interactions with the mental health arm of the VA. This was a while back(2010) and Chuck Grassley was on it but I don't know how it shook out. It does seem to contradict your assertion that they can't prevent someone from enjoying his 2nd Amendment rights without due process. The VA regulation was I believe CFR ss 3.353. The incremental circumvention of the Constitution continues, albeit at a glacial pace.

I can't comment on the VA purchasing firearms/mental health issue "thing", because I don't know enough about it all to make a factual comment one way or another.

I will say though, that on the ATF form 4473, block E, that it asks if you are on meds. If said Vet is, then it's at least "legal" for the gov. to deny the purchase. I understand that "legal" and "Constitutional" are not always congruent , but we're talking reality here. I also understand that the person you mentioned isn't necessarily on meds, so his/her case may be an exception. However, I'm not a lawyer. I just know enough to get me into trouble.

Now, if giving someone power of atty is enough to give the govt an excuse to put you on a list, then one can reasonably assume that hundreds of thousands of people are at risk for being put on a list, because just about every married military member gives their spouse some kind of legal authority over their needs when deployed. So, inch = mile, especially when one can reasonably infer that straight White males with combat experience are public enemy #1 in the eyes of Obama and his minions right now.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby nowonmai » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:22 pm

Q wrote:So, inch = mile, especially when one can reasonably infer that straight White males with combat experience are public enemy #1 in the eyes of Obama and his minions right now.

At least you have nothing to worry about.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe