One of the greatest Americans has died

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: One of the greatest Americans has died

Postby nowonmai » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Bronco wrote:
ROB wrote:Let me get this straight. You are GENUINELY trying to argue that regression to stone age subsistence as practiced in North America prior to European settlement would be preferable.

I am just making sure I am comprehending you correctly.

Yeah, I think we crossed the "Survive or not" threshold a long time ago. I think we're headed for extinction and it will be within the next 100 years. Mostly, we're going to turn this planet into something closely akin to Dune except we won't have the sand worms or the spice. If we had been good stewards of the earth, we would probably have a better chance of survival, but greed and stupidity got in the way. The most powerful, strongest nation in the world has ruined it for everybody.

I'm not saying that we should have gone to a Tribal system. I'm saying we should have gone to a Responsible form of society. We should have thought about the following generations and the long term effects of the things we did. We should have copied the Indian idea of considering the needs of the next seven generations.

Broncoworld: where Silent Running is a documentary.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_C5NIUu6FM[/youtube]

But without Bruce Dern we'd never have had Laura Dern in Wild at Heart so the old lefty was good for something at least.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Re: One of the greatest Americans has died

Postby coldharvest » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:42 pm

How very much dare you for even trying to besmirch or otherwise deride Silent Running.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe