Interesting Site for Berntards

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Interesting Site for Berntards

Postby ROB » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:22 am

I look at my social feed and reddit and some newspapers and I honestly cannot help but think, "WHAT THE LIVING FUCK ARE YOU BLATHERING ON ABOUT?"

https://www.google.com.au/search?source ... /m.09c7w0/
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: Interesting Site for Berntards

Postby MJK » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:26 pm

I thought the very same thing after I clicked on that link.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:35 pm

Sorry, sometimes I forget the audience here is a little challenged.

Hillary is going to win. By a solid margin.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:06 pm

Hillary is probably going to win. By a solid margin. Mathematically, Bernie is still possible. I don't think Clinton would have gone so negative if she weren't at least a little worried.

It's hard to believe that we're still almost three months out from the general. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck....
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby snaark » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:12 pm

At this point it's just a sideshow to the bigger circus happening in the other camp...

Speaking of elections ROB, shouldn't you be more worried about having to choose between the right-wing unionist from the left-wing party and the left-wing businessman from the right-wing party that calls itself "The Liberals"?
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:43 pm

Attention, maggots! (that's you, ROB)

Meet the man whose visage will grace the walls of the rail cars, detention centers and Chartreuse Zones of post coup America!

http://www.targetliberty.com/2016/04/re ... lican.html
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:28 am

@MJK - Haven't read much about the guy. Does he actually have a policy platform or is it just another big personality reality show contestant?

@Snaark - TBH, I'd like to see what Turnbull can do when he's actually got a mandate. He's a bit tied up in knots politically by the Abbott crew at the moment. Shorten is a non-event. Either way, I am happy enough when the fringe dwellers of either party are out in the cold.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Mad Dog Mattis

Postby MJK » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:57 am

This isn't a policy paper but it still says a lot:

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... og-mattis/

He's no Smedley Butler.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:21 am

That seems like mainly bluster.

A read of his wikipedia page seems like he's a considered man which is good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Mattis
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:22 pm

I couldn't tell from your response whether or not you think he would make a good 'interim' leader during the martial law to be declared after the failed elections. Mention as a possible 3P candidate is just a familiarization exercise to keep you from panicking when you see him on TV later explaining the new SOPs. All should review those quotes the day his job site becomes the US of A. instead of some other luckless place out of view.

So glad to be watching this shit unfold from the 65th parallel. Probably be able to see the fires in Cleveland from here.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:14 am

MJK wrote:I couldn't tell from your response whether or not you think he would make a good 'interim' leader during the martial law to be declared after the failed elections. Mention as a possible 3P candidate is just a familiarization exercise to keep you from panicking when you see him on TV later explaining the new SOPs. All should review those quotes the day his job site becomes the US of A. instead of some other luckless place out of view.

Crack is bad.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:41 am

Especially plumber's crack. Thinkin' bout opening a clinic and soaking up .gov money treating it. "Take 2 Duluth Trading Co. shirts and call me in the morning" just ain't cutting it.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:03 am

Do you remember that gem of a guy at BFC who was really excited for the breakdown of law and order cos it meant that he could charge women a blowjob for a can of the food that he was prepping?

I am beginning to think he actually found his people when he got here.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Clinton probably will get the nomination. What is funny is that this nebbishy guy who just sort of shows up, does his thing, gets some numbers wrong and still gives this very establishment candidate a run for other peoples money.

Its like having 1989 me fighting 1989 Mike Tyson and lasting four rounds. But unlike that fluke Sanders and even Trump are showing that establishment politians are fighting per-election and losing more delegates each time to the "outsiders".

Trump can beat Hillary and Sanders can beat Trump. Hillarys campaign is be sheer force of will... No one really likes her. If Sanders had brought up the email thing and made it a liberal topic of discussion itd be Sanders vs. Trump this year and Sanders would win.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:53 pm

ROB wrote:@Snaark - TBH, I'd like to see what Turnbull can do when he's actually got a mandate. He's a bit tied up in knots politically by the Abbott crew at the moment. Shorten is a non-event. Either way, I am happy enough when the fringe dwellers of either party are out in the cold.

Its certainly refreshing to have a PM who doesn't have a personality disorder and has a vague idea about how the world works. I put that down to him not being a career politician. I also like the fact that he's a Liberal who's actually a liberal; seriously am I the only person who finds it weird that our conservative party is called The Liberals? That said, I'm so used to being disappointed by world leaders that I'm not investing much hope into it. I also don't have any say in the matter; I was stripped of my democratic rights years ago.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe