I am in a neurological ward!

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

I am in a neurological ward!

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:26 am

Hi all. I was walking to get groceries the other day when i felt a bit dizzy. So i fgured groceries could wait and started walking back.

Suddenly it felt like 1/2 of my body fell asleep and i could really not walk any more without running into traffic. So i called 911 and propped myself up against a wall and took an ambulance ride.

So tests are being done. Best case scenario its a weirdity assed migraine. Worst case its a pre cursor to a stroke. So i am now in a stroke type ward.

Cool thing is no one can beat me at trivia.

Hoping to find out what it is tomorrow.

Asside from being like ahuman tangled puppet for 20 minutes i feel pretty good.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: I am in a neurological ward!

Postby Bronco » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:17 am

I could imagine you ending up in the Psych ward, but wasn't expecting the Neurology ward. I hope they have you back on the streets and in good shape soon.
"I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:38 am

Bronco wrote:I could imagine you ending up in the Psych ward, but wasn't expecting the Neurology ward. I hope they have you back on the streets and in good shape soon.

Fdhyrdbh j h ffvtrujsr. Dngih dsrhjugg?

(Wgmyfxh fhu!)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:15 am

Jeesh, that blows. Take it easy mate.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:28 pm

I hope it is just your inner ear. I've had this thing, for years, of very bad vertigo with double vision accompanied sometimes by numbness in my face or a feeling of tingling, which would hit randomly. Very disconcerting while driving. I'd have to hold my hand in front of one eye so as to focus on the road. Also gave me a physical feeling of super-detachment, as if I was out of my body far away while being in my body, if that makes any sense. Doesn't happen much lately but when it does it's over quick.

Awhile back I surmised that maybe all this time they've just been panic attacks. I came to this conclusion while working at the fancy lingerie store while dealing with the suburban-torture bitches that were my customers. When they'd go into entitled harpy mode I'd go into dizzy double vision mode.

Doesn't bother me any more, it's been awhile. I decided they were panic attacks because if I'd take an anti-vertigo pill that my doc gave me the "spell" would go away very quickly. No pharmaceutical works that fast.

This does not prevent me from riding roller coasters. So Kurt, y'all should come to Cleveland this summer for the convention. You're welcome to our coveted guest bedroom such as it is. We can alternate Cedar Point with riots.

Feel better!
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:01 pm

I think it was a panic attack you had seeks. I used to get them as well and the detachment part sounds like it.

Its possible mine was as well since none of the tests have shown it to be a stroke.

But more tests today. When i get something it always has to be weird for some reason. If i ever die it will be because my symptoms leading to death were not weird enough.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Get well soon guv.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby snaark » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:45 pm

All the best!

Sometimes small things have pervese effects. I got the flu this past winter that made me randomly pass out. No other symptoms, it just made me tired as fuck to the point of falling over when I walked to the bathroom. Apparently it was just some weird bug going around.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:24 pm

snaark wrote:All the best!

Sometimes small things have pervese effects. I got the flu this past winter that made me randomly pass out. No other symptoms, it just made me tired as fuck to the point of falling over when I walked to the bathroom. Apparently it was just some weird bug going around.

Yah, anything that can mess with your electrolytes will do that.

I got discharged and it is most likely that I have migraines without the headache part but just the distortions and stuff. They are 100% sure it was not a stroke, which is good (hope Stiv is doing well) but they did find a wee little most likely benign tumor in my head.

I'm going to keep watching that thing, that is for sure. For now I am going to tell people it is a vestigial twin in my brain that makes me do bad things like forget birthdays and stuff.

So yah, I figured when I would have announced to the world I had a brain tumor I would be a lot more worried, but they seemed cool about it, so here we are.

I got a brain tumor.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:04 pm

Hope your ok and the tumour is nothing. THe problem when they do serious tests they tend to find something even if it is nothing much.

Could be an ocular migraine. I had some weird shit ging on with my eyes a couple of years ago and the optometrist said it was an ocular migraine, though I suspect they just use the term if they donèt know what is going on.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:06 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Hope your ok and the tumour is nothing. THe problem when they do serious tests they tend to find something even if it is nothing much.

Could be an ocular migraine. I had some weird shit ging on with my eyes a couple of years ago and the optometrist said it was an ocular migraine, though I suspect they just use the term if they donèt know what is going on.

Yep, it is an occular migrain. They called it a "migraine without a headache" but it that. Not sure what my wonky limbs were all about though, as long as it was not the tumor I think it will be fine.

I am hoping the "tumor" is like an unborn twin or something cool like that.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:28 am

I got Penta's email address blocked where it just goes into trash.

Anyway for some reason this one was not automatically deleted and made it to my phone but not my laptop.

Very sorry to hear that. I hope it does turn out to be benign (and expect it will). Glad it wasn’t a stroke. (Stiv is doing really well.)

OTOH, now you have your excuse to start making things right without losing too much face. Could play it either way: either it was the tumour making you do bad stuff, or the brush with potentially serious illness is prompting you to acknowledge your mistakes and make peace.

Best wishes, sincerely,

So, I go all floppity marrionette on people, scare the hell out of my wife, family and friends and an MRI finds what is a very small tumor....What do I do? Why use that announcement to save face of course and make peace.....with Penta.

I guess I should have expected a comment like this from her but it is still quite shocking to see it in writing.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:51 am

Wow. That is creepy. That is '60's era Bette Davis movie creepy.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:02 am

seektravelinfo wrote:Wow. That is creepy. That is '60's era Bette Davis movie creepy.

I was thinking it more akin to a religious fundamentalist ..."hey, hope you feel better...anyway, now is the time to make sure you do not burn in hell" except that she wants justification of whatever (was probably deleted when my blocking was working) for herself instead of for an abstract like god or my soul.

But yes, creepy too.

Almost like going to a body viewing and saying to the grieving widow "So sorry for your loss, but before you close the lid I think that might be my tie he is wearing."
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:14 am

Kurt wrote:If i ever die

if you die I will follow you and kick your ass.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe