Missing Marie-Angelique

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Missing Marie-Angelique

Postby denise » Mon May 30, 2016 1:23 am

And I know I'm not alone here.

Listening to my CD collection and The Fabulous Thunderbirds came up - how you been girl?
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Re: Missing Marie-Angelique

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Mon May 30, 2016 2:46 am

Aint it Tuff Enuff.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Mon May 30, 2016 3:07 am

all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Mon May 30, 2016 4:17 pm

I'm mildly surprised she isn't fighting ISIS in the Bicycle Battalion of the International Brigade, and teaching maths (it has an s) to the gormless volunteers in their down time. Or maybe she is, in which case it would be preferable not to be broadcasting it here. Either that or it's a curious mix of Americana style anarcho-libertarian ascetic hedonism. Either way it's dang hot and here's hoping she's rocking and rolling either side of the tracks.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:25 am

Yeah, JITW brought her up when I was training with him.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Kurt » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:39 am

Hitoru wrote:Yeah, JITW brought her up when I was training with him.

Convergence. She brought him up when I was training with her.

After we were done I showed her the scrap book I made and she said "that is really good and I like the doilys you made but where is your motorcycle. I pleaded "Brain Tumor" and then some other stuff happened.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:06 am

Kurt wrote:
Hitoru wrote:Yeah, JITW brought her up when I was training with him.

Convergence. She brought him up when I was training with her.

After we were done I showed her the scrap book I made and she said "that is really good and I like the doilys you made but where is your motorcycle. I pleaded "Brain Tumor" and then some other stuff happened.

You need another excuse.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:41 pm

It's our birthday today too! Someone should tell her she has a whole post about her on ye olde BFC....
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby flipflop » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:25 am

Being the only remotely interesting female poster on the Flag was too heavy a cross for her to bear

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby ROB » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:55 am

flipflop wrote:Being the only remotely interesting female poster on the Flag was too heavy a cross for her to bear

Cheers

You're letting your politics cloud your judgement. Plenty of the women on this forum have been places worth going.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:07 pm

LOL if you think think this forum is about places worth going

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby ROB » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:57 pm

flipflop wrote:LOL if you think think this forum is about places worth going

Cheers

Of course it is.

No large forum ever has the majority posts about the central topic. The social glue of forums is off topic banter.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:33 am

True, but this place was/is many things to many ppl. Firstly it was somewhere Pelton could network, plagiarise others in dangerous places, and ultimately sell his merchandise.

For me I thought it might be somewhere I could shoot the shit about the dodgy places I found myself in, show off a bit of course, and pass the time being stuck in a fortified house every night; like visiting a virtual bar full of adventures and solid characters.

But then there were the, usually comfortable and safe-situated, leftist gobshites. Virtue-signalling their superiority over ppl infinitely more interesting than them. It was fun deconstructing their self-styled moral and intellectual posturing, but the more this place went on, the more it became about that, and the players drifted off; why argue about the legitimacy of roadside IEDs with a perma-outraged housewife in suburbia back home?

Eventually the keys to the guardroom were given to the wrong ppl (suburban leftists who quickly exhibited the Stalinist tendencies all leftists have in them) and the place went pdq to where it is now - on life support with the merest of pulses. The chief mod keeps it alive like the forlorn yearning for a lost love who's never coming back. But the world has moved on, the neocons are gone, the wars have changed, and if boots go on the ground in Syria or Libya in any large scale nobody will be reporting in here with the juice.

All this is my own opinion of course, but that's how the Flag has panned out for me.

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Big Duke 6 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:55 pm

flipflop wrote:True, but this place was/is many things to many ppl. Firstly it was somewhere Pelton could network, plagiarise others in dangerous places, and ultimately sell his merchandise.

For me I thought it might be somewhere I could shoot the shit about the dodgy places I found myself in, show off a bit of course, and pass the time being stuck in a fortified house every night; like visiting a virtual bar full of adventures and solid characters.

But then there were the, usually comfortable and safe-situated, leftist gobshites. Virtue-signalling their superiority over ppl infinitely more interesting than them. It was fun deconstructing their self-styled moral and intellectual posturing, but the more this place went on, the more it became about that, and the players drifted off; why argue about the legitimacy of roadside IEDs with a perma-outraged housewife in suburbia back home?

Eventually the keys to the guardroom were given to the wrong ppl (suburban leftists who quickly exhibited the Stalinist tendencies all leftists have in them) and the place went pdq to where it is now - on life support with the merest of pulses. The chief mod keeps it alive like the forlorn yearning for a lost love who's never coming back. But the world has moved on, the neocons are gone, the wars have changed, and if boots go on the ground in Syria or Libya in any large scale nobody will be reporting in here with the juice.

All this is my own opinion of course, but that's how the Flag has panned out for me.

Cheers

I still lurk, but damn that was a good description....
In the case of a nuclear war I wanna be where I can say, "What the fuck was THAT!?"
- Jay Hickman
Big Duke 6
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:05 am

It amazes me what soft petals you tough guys are.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe