a pox on your house

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

a pox on your house

Postby AztecDave » Mon May 30, 2016 11:07 am

with complete and total malice of forethought, I wish to inflict a lingering, lasting infinitely painful and suffering death on the motherless fucking cocksucker that hacked my VISA credit card. given the our current times, I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing such things on perpetrators of these things. I would make Marsellus Wallace's idea of "getting medieval on his ass" seem like a walk in the park with ice cream cones, rainbows, butterflies and unicorns. Gibson's death in "Braveheart" would seem like a pleasant Sunday afternoon. now I get to refute charges made on my card & fight that battle. and cancel the card, get a repo, yada yada. I have visions of removing every square inch of their skin with a cheese grater. and then using a wire brush for those hard to reach areas. then followed by a saline bath. anyway, you get my point. the death penalty for hackers? too easy a punishment. bring them to me and don't ask questions. end of rant. FUCK!
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Re: a pox on your house

Postby nowonmai » Mon May 30, 2016 4:12 pm

AztecDave wrote:with complete and total malice of forethought, I wish to inflict a lingering, lasting infinitely painful and suffering death on the motherless fucking cocksucker that hacked my VISA credit card. given the our current times, I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing such things on perpetrators of these things. I would make Marsellus Wallace's idea of "getting medieval on his ass" seem like a walk in the park with ice cream cones, rainbows, butterflies and unicorns. Gibson's death in "Braveheart" would seem like a pleasant Sunday afternoon. now I get to refute charges made on my card & fight that battle. and cancel the card, get a repo, yada yada. I have visions of removing every square inch of their skin with a cheese grater. and then using a wire brush for those hard to reach areas. then followed by a saline bath. anyway, you get my point. the death penalty for hackers? too easy a punishment. bring them to me and don't ask questions. end of rant. FUCK!

Never let eurotrash actually handle your card. They'll clone it faster than a flying ping pong ball in the banana bar.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Mon May 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Never fear, the good people at VISA are actually very helpful and will give you your money back without too much fuss. Granted it's a pain in the arse though. Some prick once took a holiday to Spain on my MasterCard. I could see his whole itinerary on my account: flight to Madrid, car rental, hotel etc etc. I still don't understandhow that's even possible when they check your ID when you do any of those things. Customer service at MasterCard is first rate though.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Mon May 30, 2016 9:23 pm

I was in the lounge headed somewhere, having grabbed my mail enroute to the airport, and going through my VISA bill, there was an Air Canada ticket on there I didn't recognize. Being in the Air Canada lounge, I just went up to the counter and they checked the ticket number, and I had the name of the lady who took a trip to Dominican Republic. Air Canada's security department was notified and they cancelled her return ticket, plus the hotel package she had booked. I got the money back on my card in short order, somewhere North of $5000. Never heard if she was charged, but I'm sure she had some trouble. Can't imagine booking an International ticket with a stolen card, it's not overly difficult to track you down.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jefe » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:30 am

AZTEC DAVE

Sorry about your card. But kudos on that outstanding post! Reminiscent of COL KKW brilliance, but at the SPC 4 level (not an insult that part, just rendering an 06 respect).

Hope you are well.
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe