Hello FF/Nowonmai & Others

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Hello FF/Nowonmai & Others

Postby Jefe » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:13 am

Just thought I would pass on a quick hello.

I have [i]Retired with Dignity to Latin America [/i]while I finish college before my Education benefits expire. After which, I will be traveling a lot
in a less demanding and more boring job. However, without the 18 hour days, I can actually explore and have fun. After Obama capitulated to the entire world,
I had time to take care of a bunch of personal stuff. Besides, "All Work and No Play Makes Jefe a Dull Boy."

Anyways, I hope most of you are well.

PS: Dignity says hello. She is 10 years younger than I am and has a year round sun tan.
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Re: Hello FF/Nowonmai & Others

Postby Kurt » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:39 am

Jey Jefe.

I have a brain tumor but I am fine. Good to hear from you again.

Jey Jefe.

Jey Jefe.

Jey Jefe.

Jey Jefe.

Jey Jefe.

Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Jefe » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:06 am

Kurt

I saw something about you being in the hospital. If you have a tumor, my sincere best wishes. I have always held you in good regard.
There's not much I can say other than that. Keep your chin up and let me know how it's going.

Actually, I read the thread now you have up and all the best.

I tell people that I have a "Milwaukee Tumor". See if you can figure that one out. You might be too young, but, a sharp mind. Tumor or not.

PS: Way too creepy, yet evidentiary in nature that you got a "Pentagram" at such a time.

AND PSS:

Re: COL KKW?

Postby ColKKW » Mon May 02, 2011 1:34 pm

"The prodigal son of the Golden Land, Jefe has returned. Let there be feasting and libations for all. Splice the mainbrace, mend and make clothes are the orders of the day".
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:54 pm

Milwaukee Tumor.

That's a stumper. Told it to my wife and she said while barely looking up from her phone "a hard-on" and I said "how did you get that from Milwaukee?" and she said "Its the internet. You are guys. Someone is gonna talk about their boner"

So if she is wrong, she is wrong, but still she is like the Sherlock Holmes of crass talk.

Anyway, the tumor is really small. So small it might not even be a tumor, but if it is one, cancer or not, its been caught so fast the only way it will kill me is if I forget I have it (I suppose that is possible with a brain tumor).
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:20 pm

I wish you a long and fruitful retirement with Dignity. I am not quite sure what this word fun is but whatever it is, don't forget to do it in moderation, otherwise you might not leave any for the rest of us.

Try to give up reading the news, it's only going to get worse.

ps. Kurt's tumour is the size of a piece of No 1 Buckshot (what we call SSG over here) so until it hits golfball size he is officially denied sympathy. I don't think he will age gracefully one of those that will be at death's door for the next 40 years.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:34 pm

nowonmai wrote:ps. Kurt's tumour is the size of a piece of No 1 Buckshot (what we call SSG over here) so until it hits golfball size he is officially denied sympathy. I don't think he will age gracefully one of those that will be at death's door for the next 40 years.

I'm milking this damn thing like a really small cow. A cow that lives in my head.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi mate, glad to hear you're still at large, raising a glass to your good health right now (Germany v Ukraine is on the telly so I'm having a swally)

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi Jefe.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Jefe » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:43 am

KURT

Milwaukee Tumor = Beer Gut (before microbreweries, ALL of the "quality American beer' (Schlitz, Schaefer, etc) was brewed in Milwaukee (actually, a great city!).
You ever think of becoming an Organ Donor and giving the tumor to Penta? It might drop off the host like a leech that latches on to a lump of salt or something; but it's the thought that counts LOL. Can't you train it to attack or something?

And how come when I picture a Kurt Tumor I get images of those insect like robot things in the Matrix that had to be zapped. Seriously, good luck and thanks for all your work on this house of dysfunction over the years. I do remember the Golden Age of the Flag. COL KKW. People posting from DPs that were the type of people RYP would hang out with for 15 minutes and write about. And then the onslaught of the "Guardian Angels" and utter phonies like the one who wrote me claiming to be a CIA Operative in Colombia, LOL.

Then again, I am a Former Action Guy (FAG) nowadays. Reliving those glory days of leaping from second story cathouse windows during police raids in my youth (around 35-40).

Since Penta's apparently still reading, I should write about the long term benefits the Paramilitaries have brought to Colombian society and we can all just sit back and have private visuals.

Nowonmai:

I hear you. I don't watch the news much. Particullarly in the US, you might as well turn on Jerry Springer. The intended comedy movie called Idiocracy is becoming a documentary. They even know which bathroom to use here and if a local man dressed like a woman and tried to use the girls bathroom, it would be like that scene where the town comes bearing torches to burn down Frankenstein's castle. Except, it wouldn't be a castle and therefore, less dramatic, but entertaining nonetheless.

PS: Word games "Retired with Dignity" 10 years later on this forum and I still can't post a picture. I have a great one with a photo of an older guy talking about retiring to latin America with dignity on a meager pension. Sympathy invoking photo. The next one has him on the beach with a shit eating grin, a cold beer and "Dignity" a local girl about 10-20 years younger and scantily clad. "Retired with Dignity" is a code that my buddies can use in front of their wives, although at the mention of my name, they will be suspicious right off the bat.

Be careful downrange and enjoy the show. I had accepted an invitation a couple months ago (very reluctantly, if I don't finish school, I will lose my benefits and I am not getting younger), but it was a buddy who asked. Cancelled right before. For once, it was welcome. Good luck.

FlipFlop

We respect other peoples religions in the United States, so if you are watching "football" that is your undeniable right to do so. I would sooner piss into a hurricane than get between you foreigners and rugby or football games. If I were ever President (hell; I might as well have run this time) I wouldn't try to justify stuff in front of the UN to get Brits, Aussies, SA types and the rest on our side, I would present "evidence" that so and so or such and such country insulted your host nations team and that honor is at stake.

Speaking of which, I was an Honor student when I was young (Yes your Honor; No your Honor).

Rickshaw

Hello and how's the odometer doing? I know there was a near miss a while back in your travels and I actually might be in one place for a year or so if you get back down this way. Where are you hanging your hat these days? PS: Watch Ben Hur movies. Great technology there to put on your rickshaw that some of the trucks have here although not as big. You could really bring a boost to tourism with Rickshaw Gladiator type fights.

Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:54 am

Oh that. Yes.

I drink quality beer and alot of it. But yah, I got one.

But when I went to the ER they found my cholesterol was a bit high so I have been swimming daily now. I am up to almost 1 mile a day and the beer gut has diminished.

But the beer intake has not.

In fact it has increased a bit since I am getting so much exercise now.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby nowonmai » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Hey head out to the right places, and you can retire with Dignity, and Honour. And make sure you always do it in Moderation.

It's hard to see where this shit is going. I think the future is speaking Indonesian or Mandarin. Arabic is so last year.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jefe » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:25 am

I hear you Nowonmai. Had to work on my health as bad as school for couple years. And while I will only post about stuff here 10yrs out of date minimum,
I will PM you with some of my evil schemes in the works.

The Adventure continues! I haven't done bad for a kid from a town of 700 people who had never seen bigger than a 4 story building when I enlisted at 16 (had to have parents consent' they were quite "supportive" of the decision. Couldn't leave till 17) Sworn in at 0100 on my 17th birthday.

PS: You will like this:

In my TESOL Class, the teacher asks "Everyone tell us the first words of a foreign language you learned and under what circumstances"

Typical huggy feeling answers. LOL; then:

My first words were German "RAUST!!! RAUST!!!" It means "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE" It was in a bar on a weekend pass after 45 days in the field and we were 19.

You would have thought I had grown a dick out of my forehead or something. LOL, what are you going to do? Tell me I had it wrong? Learn to say HALT, Put your hands up or I'll Shoot, order a beer, ask a name and phone number and negotiate with latina hookers is the type of language skills that every TESOL teacher should have experienced as a student themselves!

Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:42 am

All the best in the retirement. Where is it you are now?
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby michelle in alaska » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:26 am

Anyways, I hope most of you are well

thanks.
that made me laugh.
i hope most of us are.
lol.
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jefe » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:50 am

Sorry for the late reply. I have been working hard on my Manifesto.

I am in Latin America.

Hope Most of you are well is straight up. Some fuckers I could truly care less about, but there are posters on here that I actually wish quite well. Stay warm up there!

Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe