Which way do you call the 23rd June UK referendum on the EU?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Which way do you call the 23rd June UK referendum on the EU?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:46 pm

The UK is heading for the exits baby
47%
No way, the UK is in to stay
53%

Total votes : 15

Re: Which way do you call the 23rd June UK referendum on the

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:15 am

Farage won't be negotiating for the uk anyway. He's not in government, he's not even an MP. He's been insulting the bureaucrats in Brussels for years. I remember UKIP in 1996, a friend of mine voted for them and I said he was wasting his vote, a protest vote similar to voting SWP on the windowlickers side. He's voted UKIP ever since, and they were diddled by our FPTP voting system. They got more stand alone votes in the 2015 GE than those traitorious SNP cunts who wiped out Labour in Scotland, but only one MP. The SNP got 56 seats from mostly empty constituencies.

If the general election does go ahead I expect UKIP could clean up as both the two main parties are self-destructing right now. It's glorious, and the more the insults fly, the more death threats Farage gets - oh yes he's had plenty since Friday, but you wouldn't know it among isolated stories of Poles being told to fuck off. One 'rapper' even threatened to gang rape Farage's two young daughters - let's not kid ourselves Nazi skinheads are marching around, when most of the hatred and bigotry is the lefts problem.

And if you think the Tories are fucked, cop a load of this. At the Labour Party's enquiry meeting into anti-semitism, their standing leader just compared Israel to ISIS.

Yes it's gold GOLD GOLD all round, but not the way you see it. No matter how bad it gets, and who really knows anyway? I am fucking over the moon we are leaving the EU.

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:00 pm

I am quite happy you are leaving the EU as well. Even as someone who only travels to the UK and, to be honest, it will likely be more of a pain for me since when I go to the UK I also go to mainland Europe. Oh no, A visitor has been mildly inconvenienced by passport control! Quick! Set up a multi-billion Euro bureaucracy and help him feel better!

Nope, I am not worth it.

But I am hoping that this is the start of scrapping some useless treaties world wide. Treaties are designed to agree on things like borders and when to stop shooting at each other, things that keep the peace in real-politik.

I was reading the Spectator last week where a dude was going around (this is before the vote) asking people why they want in or out of the EU. He said the people who wanted to stay in wanted to do so for reasons like being seen as kind, tolerant, and civilized. The people who wanted "out" wanted "out" because they had no idea what their kids were going to do for work, if they would have to move away or how they would afford housing.

It reminded me of how suggesting ways for people to improve their diet is completely lost on people who are still not sure where their next meal is coming from. Once you have the comforts of a career and housing and do not have to worry about your kids, then you can focus on appearing kind, tolerant and civilized ...but don't assume a whole nation can sacrifice itself so you can look and feel better.

So I am hoping this is the start of the era of casting off economic treaties. Which are truly un-democratic and oppressive tools (Oppressive if you do not have as much as your countrymen). We gotta get rid of NAFTA and GATT and stop making fiat declarations allowing H1B workers in the country just because someone says they are needed. (the Bush era allowed Australians in as payment for supporting the war in Iraq and we recently allowed in about 30k Indians to say we were sorry for prosecuting as high caste diplomat who owned slaves in NYC..yep, we appologized for enforcing the 13th Amendment by fucking over American workers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devyani_K ... e_incident)

Oh and it looks like stocks have rebounded. I remember reading Pre-Brexit news about how the Brits wanted to devalue their currency to increase exports....well, that succeeded but I can bet those that called for devaluation of the pound are not happy it happened in a way that was not under their management.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:09 pm

It’s depressing how most of that reads, Kurt. Saying treaties should be exclusively used for border protection is setting a pretty low bar. I challenge anyone here to find a single academic (that means peer-reviewed source in a credible journal) source that says that the EU has been detrimental to the economy UK, or any other EU member state. But naja, we’re living in the age when “expert” is an evil word and anything that has been properly researched and fact-checked is “compromised”.

The fact is that this is all a new manifestation of an old phenomenon. When times get tough, people look for someone to blame and populists will exploit this for their personal aggrandizement. Today it’s immigrants and Eurocrats. The economic malaise in the UK and other EU states is the fault of their respective governments NOT the EU. That member states aren’t able to exercise power over their own economies is a fucking lie and anyone who believes it is an idiot.

You Americans seem to think this is a great victory for democracy because, well, that’s how you’re raised to believe, but none of you know have the faintest idea what the EU actually is and isn’t. Personally, as a foreigner, I am in awe of the EU. IMHO it is the single greatest geo-political achievement since Charlemagne. It’s awesome that I can drive to Portugal or Greece and not have to stop at any border. It’s awesome that I can apply for a research grant from the EU and work with companies and universities from all over Europe. It’s awesome that I can order my PG-tips from the UK via Amazon and have it delivered in a couple of days. Sure it’s bureaucratic, but for fucks sake it’s a central authority for 500 million people! Unlike any of you muppets, I have to deal with EU bureaucracy regularly and, believe me, it’s a whole lot better than dealing with the German authorities!

But if some pensioners in the West Midlands think their country will return to its glory days (it won’t) because they boot out some Polish immigrants (they can’t) then best of luck to them. I’m planning my next summer holiday in Ibiza. Maybe without all the drunken chavs it might go back to being a nice place.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:42 pm

You're just an elitist little pampered Aussie cunt. I hope a 'chav' kicks your fucking bollocks in when you visit Ibiza.

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Yeah righto, tough guy. You're a real patriot.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Lol

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby goat balls » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:51 pm

FFlop

Lol, now we are supposed to listen to the "academics" about what is best for us.

Anyway, the Austrians are going to redo their presidential elections because of widespread fraud which was suspected and now proven. They will do anything to stop the people at this point, which brings me to my question for you. The vote was held over Scotland leaving the UK. There were a lot of rumors about that vote being rigged as well. And after that vote occurred, the leftists (labor party) was annihilated. Is this correct? Do you think the leftists were thrown out because the scots felt the vote was rigged?
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Is Snaark really Penta? I notice she never refutes the shortcomings(read crimes) of the EU that affected the Brits like not letting them fish their own waters as they are pointed out here time and time again; instead she keeps referring to 'studies' conducted and paid for by either the EU itself or business/financial rags with a serious dog in the fight to keep on globalizing and diminishing the importance of individual rights. Once again I call for Lady Snaark to tell us how it is good for the British to be kept from fishing their own waters and being coerced into selling their boats to have them scrapped. My guess is that debate was not studied at her school as it is confrontational and undermines the desired traits of acquiescence to ever higher authority.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:57 pm

No. Labour were wiped out because of a surge in Scottish nationalism coupled with the ineptitude of Scottish Labour over the years. Ignoring their white working class base, they made themselves an ersatz copy of the cosmopolitan Labour Party in London. Identity politics and right on causes, completely alien to grinding out a living on a tough Glaswegian housing scheme. They held their traditional voters in utter contempt, and the result is Jeremy Corbyn, as electable as the Yorkshire Ripper. Fuck them.

As recent as 15-20 years ago the SNP were seen as cranks, their ranks filled with tartan fetishists and Calvinists. They almost have a one party state north of the border now, and if they do leave the UK, the Scots will be living in a country with NO opposition to government. Scary shit.

Of course Scottish nationalism is ok, like any nationalism that isn't English. Farage is dismissed as a racist for wanting uk independence, while Sturgeon or Sinn Fein are heroes. The hypocrisy was always there, now the voters have acted on it. Multiculturalism is dying on its feet, and I applaud that wholeheartedly. Fuck them.

But, it isn't washing among ordinary folk anymore, not just big bad Nazi racists like me; the Overton window has lurched to the right drastically. Fuck the liberals and the left, they sowed their own seeds of their own destruction.

The Labour Party will cease to exist in its current form, and that will happen sooner than later. That's how I see it, and I support it 100%. The Conservatives aren't in much better shape. Fuck them too, fuck Westminster and the whole political class in this country. The Rubicon has been crossed, and the future looks swell.

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:01 pm

Oh and good to see you posting again goat balls

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:37 pm

goat balls wrote:FFlop

Lol, now we are supposed to listen to the "academics" about what is best for us.

Yuk, good one Cletus. Nuthin good has ever come from them experts. They don't know a sows asshole from a possum's nutsack.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:41 pm

It’s depressing how most of that reads, Kurt. Saying treaties should be exclusively used for border protection is setting a pretty low bar. I challenge anyone here to find a single academic (that means peer-reviewed source in a credible journal) source that says that the EU has been detrimental to the economy UK, or any other EU member state. But naja, we’re living in the age when “expert” is an evil word and anything that has been properly researched and fact-checked is “compromised”.

It does not matter if there is or isn't. Do you think India was better off now or under the Raj? Lots of evidence points to it being a colony of the UK sure made things swell for both India and the UK. You sure as hell would not have Mustachioed Pakistanis and Indians threatening one another with the most boring Nuclear annihilation possible...but here they are and here we are. If the Brits made a bad choice let them reap the rewards of it India has, both good and bad.

Hell, The US was worse off at first by sloughing off Britain, but here we are. Around 1900 we were better off and the Brits were worse off by losing us.

As any opponent of Neo Liberalism will tell you, there is much more to life than the GNP, there is, for example, real wages for actual people in the west and that has been trod upon by neo-Liberal treaties like the EU and like NAFTA and GATT.

As I said before, If people do not want the results of referendums, then they should not have them. Then at least we can lay bare what our touchy-feely, inclusive overlords really want and that is their interests Uber Alles. Heard the same shit when Venezuela elected Chavez and when Nicaragua elected Ortega and when Bolivia elected Morales, not great leaders but you either support elections or you don't. the Brexit vote has shown that most people in the world (who matter...rich people and the aspiring classes) pretty much hate it.

So fuck 'em.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:52 pm

MJK wrote:Is Snaark really Penta? I notice she never refutes the shortcomings(read crimes) of the EU that affected the Brits like not letting them fish their own waters as they are pointed out here time and time again; instead she keeps referring to 'studies' conducted and paid for by either the EU itself or business/financial rags with a serious dog in the fight to keep on globalizing and diminishing the importance of individual rights. Once again I call for Lady Snaark to tell us how it is good for the British to be kept from fishing their own waters and being coerced into selling their boats to have them scrapped. My guess is that debate was not studied at her school as it is confrontational and undermines the desired traits of acquiescence to ever higher authority.

Why I bother spending 5mins doing this I don't know, but here's an article explaining the facts in simple terms:
http://ukandeu.ac.uk/what-would-brexit-really-mean-for-the-uks-fishing-industry/
Admittedly it was written by "experts" at leading UK universities using government funding, so they are "bought and paid for" by the system, plus the article contains links to peer reviewed journals articles by "academics" who clearly have no idea what they're talking about. So its probably easier for you to find something in video form on YouTube or on some hysterical website. I'm sure that'll be just as informative.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:00 pm

We have possibly reached peak globalism

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 pm

snaark wrote:
MJK wrote:Is Snaark really Penta? I notice she never refutes the shortcomings(read crimes) of the EU that affected the Brits like not letting them fish their own waters as they are pointed out here time and time again; instead she keeps referring to 'studies' conducted and paid for by either the EU itself or business/financial rags with a serious dog in the fight to keep on globalizing and diminishing the importance of individual rights. Once again I call for Lady Snaark to tell us how it is good for the British to be kept from fishing their own waters and being coerced into selling their boats to have them scrapped. My guess is that debate was not studied at her school as it is confrontational and undermines the desired traits of acquiescence to ever higher authority.

Why I bother spending 5mins doing this I don't know, but here's an article explaining the facts in simple terms:
http://ukandeu.ac.uk/what-would-brexit-really-mean-for-the-uks-fishing-industry/
Admittedly it was written by "experts" at leading UK universities using government funding, so they are "bought and paid for" by the system, plus the article contains links to peer reviewed journals articles by "academics" who clearly have no idea what they're talking about. So its probably easier for you to find something in video form on YouTube or on some hysterical website. I'm sure that'll be just as informative.

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe