Which way do you call the 23rd June UK referendum on the EU?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Which way do you call the 23rd June UK referendum on the EU?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:46 pm

The UK is heading for the exits baby
47%
No way, the UK is in to stay
53%

Total votes : 15

Re: Which way do you call the 23rd June UK referendum on the

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:08 pm

snaark wrote:
MJK wrote:Is Snaark really Penta? I notice she never refutes the shortcomings(read crimes) of the EU that affected the Brits like not letting them fish their own waters as they are pointed out here time and time again; instead she keeps referring to 'studies' conducted and paid for by either the EU itself or business/financial rags with a serious dog in the fight to keep on globalizing and diminishing the importance of individual rights. Once again I call for Lady Snaark to tell us how it is good for the British to be kept from fishing their own waters and being coerced into selling their boats to have them scrapped. My guess is that debate was not studied at her school as it is confrontational and undermines the desired traits of acquiescence to ever higher authority.

Why I bother spending 5mins doing this I don't know, but here's an article explaining the facts in simple terms:
http://ukandeu.ac.uk/what-would-brexit-really-mean-for-the-uks-fishing-industry/
Admittedly it was written by "experts" at leading UK universities using government funding, so they are "bought and paid for" by the system, plus the article contains links to peer reviewed journals articles by "academics" who clearly have no idea what they're talking about. So its probably easier for you to find something in video form on YouTube or on some hysterical website. I'm sure that'll be just as informative.

That shows that the EU is "phasing out" the discarding of unwanted fish and is expected to be at Pre-EU levels of not having this policy anymore by at least 2020. So yah, that and Cod which Norway, Iceland and Canada have limited the commericial fishing of as well, and who share more common waters with the UK than does Europe. So I am not buying that.

Plus that site is run by this group:

http://www.esrc.ac.uk/about-us/what-we-do/ A social sciences organization, not an aquaculture or fisheries management organization.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Really, you read the whole article and that was the line that stood out to you? Did you even read the preceding and following sentences:

Since EU policy was reformed in 2002, the health of many fish stocks has improved. By 2011 the majority of assessed fisheries were considered to be sustainably fished. Take the case of North Sea cod: once the “poster child” for overfishing and all that was wrong with European policy, it is now recovering strongly and likely to be certified as sustainable next year.

The EU is now phasing out the discarding of unwanted fish and setting quotas more in line with scientific advice. The aim is to ensure maximum sustainable yield of all stocks by 2020.

Oh that sounds fucking terrible, doesn't it?

The ESRC is not a "group", it's the main funding agency for research into social sciences in the UK. Kind of like the NSF in the US. I'll let you Google them too.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:17 pm

flipflop wrote:
snaark wrote:
MJK wrote:Is Snaark really Penta? I notice she never refutes the shortcomings(read crimes) of the EU that affected the Brits like not letting them fish their own waters as they are pointed out here time and time again; instead she keeps referring to 'studies' conducted and paid for by either the EU itself or business/financial rags with a serious dog in the fight to keep on globalizing and diminishing the importance of individual rights. Once again I call for Lady Snaark to tell us how it is good for the British to be kept from fishing their own waters and being coerced into selling their boats to have them scrapped. My guess is that debate was not studied at her school as it is confrontational and undermines the desired traits of acquiescence to ever higher authority.

Why I bother spending 5mins doing this I don't know, but here's an article explaining the facts in simple terms:
http://ukandeu.ac.uk/what-would-brexit-really-mean-for-the-uks-fishing-industry/
Admittedly it was written by "experts" at leading UK universities using government funding, so they are "bought and paid for" by the system, plus the article contains links to peer reviewed journals articles by "academics" who clearly have no idea what they're talking about. So its probably easier for you to find something in video form on YouTube or on some hysterical website. I'm sure that'll be just as informative.

Cheers

Cute. Is that the face you make when you're whining about the oppression of white alpha males by liberal feminists?
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:21 pm

Kurt wrote:
It’s depressing how most of that reads, Kurt. Saying treaties should be exclusively used for border protection is setting a pretty low bar. I challenge anyone here to find a single academic (that means peer-reviewed source in a credible journal) source that says that the EU has been detrimental to the economy UK, or any other EU member state. But naja, we’re living in the age when “expert” is an evil word and anything that has been properly researched and fact-checked is “compromised”.

It does not matter if there is or isn't. Do you think India was better off now or under the Raj? Lots of evidence points to it being a colony of the UK sure made things swell for both India and the UK. You sure as hell would not have Mustachioed Pakistanis and Indians threatening one another with the most boring Nuclear annihilation possible...but here they are and here we are. If the Brits made a bad choice let them reap the rewards of it India has, both good and bad.

Hell, The US was worse off at first by sloughing off Britain, but here we are. Around 1900 we were better off and the Brits were worse off by losing us.

As any opponent of Neo Liberalism will tell you, there is much more to life than the GNP, there is, for example, real wages for actual people in the west and that has been trod upon by neo-Liberal treaties like the EU and like NAFTA and GATT.

As I said before, If people do not want the results of referendums, then they should not have them. Then at least we can lay bare what our touchy-feely, inclusive overlords really want and that is their interests Uber Alles. Heard the same shit when Venezuela elected Chavez and when Nicaragua elected Ortega and when Bolivia elected Morales, not great leaders but you either support elections or you don't. the Brexit vote has shown that most people in the world (who matter...rich people and the aspiring classes) pretty much hate it.

So fuck 'em.

You're seriously comparing the occupation of South Asia by Britain to Britain voluntarily joining a single market with its neighbours? Like I said, you Americans have a bizarre idea of what the EU actually is.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:24 pm

Lol faggot, you've lost, it's Brexit, deal with it

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:26 pm

You're a Mongoloid. Best of luck finding a job when the recession bites. Lol.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:27 pm

snaark wrote:Really, you read the whole article and that was the line that stood out to you? Did you even read the preceding and following sentences:

Since EU policy was reformed in 2002, the health of many fish stocks has improved. By 2011 the majority of assessed fisheries were considered to be sustainably fished. Take the case of North Sea cod: once the “poster child” for overfishing and all that was wrong with European policy, it is now recovering strongly and likely to be certified as sustainable next year.

The EU is now phasing out the discarding of unwanted fish and setting quotas more in line with scientific advice. The aim is to ensure maximum sustainable yield of all stocks by 2020.

Oh that sounds fucking terrible, doesn't it?

The ESRC is not a "group", it's the main funding agency for research into social sciences in the UK. Kind of like the NSF in the US. I'll let you Google them too.

Funding Agency or Group. Not sure what the difference is when their main forte is social sciences.

This funding agency used phrases like "many fish stocks has improved" instead of being specific. It is hardly a source worth quoting about fish stocks or the people on British land who fish British waters and their well being. Like which "fish stocks" have improved? When they say "many" does that mean some have not? If so which ones? Have any gotten worse? Its a vague quote from a vague group...or I mean vague "funding agency".

The NSF is not like the ESRC. The NSF is science and engineering, not social sciences.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:34 pm

snaark wrote:You're a Mongoloid. Best of luck finding a job when the recession bites. Lol.

Yeah, good one you fucking screamer. I've shit out jobs harder than you. Travel do you? Or is getting your shitpipe pummelled relentlessly in Ibiza as DP as you get?

You're a virtue signalling Australian faggot on a dead travel board, no cunt knows you or cares about you, you fucking tit. Copy & paste another article, go on, show the other 5 of us here how clever and superior you are

LOL

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:37 pm

Jesus fucking Christ, you're just compounding your stupidity. There is a link embedded in that sentence so an article in Cell, one of the most respected journals in biology. And if you want split hairs the UK equivalent of the NSF is the EPSRC. But they're all funding agencies, so what's your point?
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:41 pm

flipflop wrote:
snaark wrote:You're a Mongoloid. Best of luck finding a job when the recession bites. Lol.

Yeah, good one you fucking screamer. I've shit out jobs harder than you. Travel do you? Or is getting your shitpipe pummelled relentlessly in Ibiza as DP as you get?

You're a virtue signalling Australian faggot on a dead travel board, no cunt knows you or cares about you, you fucking tit. Copy & paste another article, go on, show the other 5 of us here how clever and superior you are

LOL

Cheers

Yup, let it all out sweetheart. Thats all you can do. You're not capable of articulating an intelligible response. You just fling your faeces and say cunt a lot, like the knuckle dragging gorilla you are.

I'm here because making meatheads like you blow a gasket is mildly entertaining.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:45 pm

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:54 pm

snaark wrote:Jesus fucking Christ, you're just compounding your stupidity. There is a link embedded in that sentence so an article in Cell, one of the most respected journals in biology. And if you want split hairs the UK equivalent of the NSF is the EPSRC. But they're all funding agencies, so what's your point?

You did not read that article in Cell either.

Hmm...Gonna cut and paste something., Wait..I better check the citations to see if it is worthy of the BFC. Gosh, I only hope others take advantage of the links like I did, if they don't I will call them stupid.

So, reading it, it is a study from 2002 to 2011. They mention that "most of the fisheries" are under EU control in Europe but failed to mention if Baltic Cod and Northern Herring were managed under EU fishery control. Hard to tell since "Baltic Cod" is a term, there is no species called "Baltic Cod" there is Atlantic Cod, Pacific Cod, and Greeland Cod. Kind of weird that they invented their own "Cod" for a study on how great the EU was. By Northern Herring did they mean Altantic Herring or Sprat? Dunno. They did not say but usually when you mention species management or fisheries management you actually have to cite a species that exists (btw..my family in Norway on two sides This does not make me an expert by any means but I am familiar with some of the terms and the criteria..saying Baltic Cod is like saying "Mississippi Carp" , useless when not being species specific). So tell me,why did you think that article in Cell was good? Now that you have a chance to read it like I have.

And Science Funding and Social Science funding. You seriously do not see the difference here?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:24 pm

No I didn't read the entire article, I read the highlights and abstract like most normal people do. What amazes me is that you read an entire article in a journal with an impact factor of 9.5 and you question it's authenticity because you think Baltic cod is not a real type of fish. You're worse than MJK.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Negative amigo, it's not her style. It's another regular though that has all the makings of a government employee, goober gobbler and leftist all rolled into one. And that's a very bad hand to be dealt. He should just end it all. Poor little bastard.

Cheers
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:33 pm

snaark wrote:No I didn't read the entire article, I read the highlights and abstract like most normal people do. What amazes me is that you read an entire article in a journal with an impact factor of 9.5 and you question it's authenticity because you think Baltic cod is not a real type of fish. You're worse than MJK.

What is the scientific name of Baltic Cod?

I did not find it as a fish.

Northern Herring? What is the scientific name of that? I guess they mean Sprat or Atlantic Herring, but they did not say.

Don't you think it is important to mention what species it is?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe