There's a bomb in my neighbourhood!

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

There's a bomb in my neighbourhood!

Postby snaark » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:34 am

And you thought refos were the biggest threat to Germany. This is the second WW2 bomb they've dug up in Düsseldorf in 2 weeks!

The authorities are saying its an American 10 tonne flying bomb (Fliegerbombe), but to the best of my knowledge only the Germans had those. In any case 10 tonnes is a big fucking bomb. Must have scared the shit out of the guy who dug it up.

We're about 800m away so we don't have to evacuate, though we're not allowed outside while they're disarming.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Re: There's a bomb in my neighbourhood!

Postby MJK » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:20 pm

The B-17 was the biggest bomber to pound Germany and couldn't carry half that weight. Someone is hyperboling and threw a gutterball. Willfully ignorant twits such as yourself constitute the greatest threat to Germany; take a bow.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:25 pm

Well I was wrong as hell about the bomb and have crow feathers around my pie hole; but I stand by my assertion about you.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:36 pm

MJK wrote:and have crow feathers around my pie hole

Some in Germany would find that sexy, the Germans are really sick like that.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby friendlyskies » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:49 pm

I'd nope right the fuck out of there voluntarily. That's a lot of crusty old bomb.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Douchebag » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Its s metaphor for all them refugees!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:36 pm

friendlyskies wrote:I'd nope right the fuck out of there voluntarily. That's a lot of crusty old bomb.

Everyone within 500m got evacuated. Everyone within 1000m had to stay inside and close the windows. Not that I think that would help if a 10000 tonne bomb went off 500m away. Authorities here seem to have a lot of practice with this sought of thing. Apparently they've unearthed about 6 in the last year!
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:47 pm

MJK wrote:The B-17 was the biggest bomber to pound Germany and couldn't carry half that weight. Someone is hyperboling and threw a gutterball. Willfully ignorant twits such as yourself constitute the greatest threat to Germany; take a bow.

If you consider not knowing the payload of a B17 bomber "wilfully ignorant" - lol
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:35 am

Grand Slam was the largest conventional bomb used in WW2 and was a beautiful British thing. Coming in at 22,000lbs (10 tonnes), it was officially designated Bomb, Medium Capacity, 22,000lbs and was also called Ten Ton Tess. Its low rate of production meant that aircrew with undeployed weapons were told to land with them on board rather than ditch at sea (ie. yikes). It was deployed by modified Lancasters and here it is:

On target (submarine pen) it would do this:

and was designed by this harmless old weapons genius Barnes-Wallis - father of the Bouncing Bomb

In short, fuck you Adolf Hitler and fuck all of you Nazi bastards. Pity this one didn't go off.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:31 am

Rob-I was referring to pretty much everything else the snaarkster has had to say. But perhaps his ignorance isn't willful but a whim of heredity and not his fault. I can extend you the courtesy of the same assumption if you like.
Yeah, I forgot about the Lancasters and their Rolls Royce engines. I was driving through Calgary on one of my research trips and was stunned to see a Lanc thru the open doors of a hangar at a museum along the highway. Spent about an hour checking out 'Willy the Wolf from the West'. They even had a recording playing of an engine startup. Pretty sexy stuff.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:29 am

From what i gather from Snark's postings, he has at least 2 degrees from reasonable universities. Possibly more though he can correct me.

How many do you have? Where from?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:09 am

ROB wrote:From what i gather from Snark's postings, he has at least 2 degrees from reasonable universities. Possibly more though he can correct me.

Two were more than enough, and I'm still not convinced they were worth the effort.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Douchebag » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:02 pm

snaark wrote:
ROB wrote:From what i gather from Snark's postings, he has at least 2 degrees from reasonable universities. Possibly more though he can correct me.

Two were more than enough, and I'm still not convinced they were worth the effort.

Made you twice the faggot libtard, didn't they?
What did you learn? How to take it up the spinkter from immigrants?
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:48 pm

On the bright side, this guy really gives Nowonmai and MKJ something to strive for.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:06 pm

ROB- All noise, no signal.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe