time to rally around jill stein

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

time to rally around jill stein

Postby Fansy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:15 am

with recent news events, wars, corrupt politicians, it is time for the BFC and all wise and compassionate individuals everywhere to RALLY around Jill stein and usher in a new period of peace and prosperity for all denizens of the earth. join the green party, vote JILL STEIN in 2016, and be on the right side of history for once! since most of you are creaky old ppl about to die, make a change in your pointless, dwindling existences and support progress and happiness for all!

JILL STEIN

and RIP Jo
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Re: time to rally around jill stein

Postby Douchebag » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:31 am

Nuts.
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Standard issue lefty shit - doesn't work. Next.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:54 pm

What about Gary Johnson? Dude is kind of awesome.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... unning-for
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:20 pm

friendlyskies wrote:What about Gary Johnson? Dude is kind of awesome.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... unning-for

Yep, Gary Johnson will likely be my "wasted" vote.

If Sanders runs third party I could vote for him as well. The Green GILF is my third choice before venturing into the Trump/Hillary muck.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fansy » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Douchebag wrote:Nuts.

Why is nuts to approach problems with evidence based solutions and compassion? ppl on this board are scared of refugees, scared of muslims, scared of black ppl, scared of women, scared of immigrants, scared of the future, and scared of each other. strength is not giving in to fear, hate, and violence just because you feel insecure and scared.

healthy communities and cities make healthy countries. the vast majority of the ppl in the world want to live peacefully and be healthy, even the vast majority of those you don't understand and are scared of. the same violent and aggressive solutions to interpersonal conflict we have been using since we were amoeba won't make life meaningful, won't save us, and won't save the planet. using the angry lies taught to us by ignorance and fear as a means to summarize and navigate the complicated conflicts in this world only leaves human beings deeply dissatisfied and vulnerable, and surrenders voice and volition to the destructive games of conmen, warmongerers, and despots.

take back your freedom. work to educate yourself and fully recognize all human beings as members of your family that deserve equal rights and protection under the law regardless of skin color, language, nationality, religion, age, or sex. just as you see yourself and people like you as deserving of food, shelter, medical treatment, peace, and prosperity, it is self-evident and naturally follows that all humans deserve the same. we all remain family even in times of crisis and war. endeavoring to move beyond your fear and hate will make you happier and your life more meaningful. you will be empowered to use facts and critical thinking to fill in the holes of your comprehension of life instead of the damaging nonsense perpetuated by sad, fearful, and violent men.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Douchebag » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:41 pm

Fansy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:Nuts.

Why is nuts to approach problems with evidence based solutions and compassion?.......................................................................

I feel asleep after the first sentence. Listen up sunny, people respect force and they bow to the will of the gun. That's what makes America great.
It for sure isn't faggots, libtards, communists, and bitches making the place fit for immigrant terrorists and mexicans to turn into another somalia!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:50 pm

My problem with Stein, even though I agree with her on probably 90% of everything, is that I don't want her to be President. She's a doctor and professional candidate. She's never run anything bigger than a nonprofit. Which is impressive, but you know, Putin, the EU, nuclear codes, Brazil, immigrants, etc.

Gary Johnson was the two-term governor of the fourth largest, fourth poorest state in the union, New Mexico. It has a long, porous border with Mexico, more than a dozen Indian reservations (including the powerful Navajo/Diné nation that straddles NM, UT, and AZ), a private spaceport, the world's most important WMD lab, and I think it's the only officially bilingual state. If the problem of the future is fresh water, New Mexico has experience, development and agribusiness are all intimately tied to water management. After eight years managing that life-or-death network of public reservoirs and private water companies, he's not thinking like some sophomore libertarian neckbeard who thinks Nestlé should control the water.

It's not exactly Hillary's resume, but I think he could TOTALLY do the job.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:04 pm

For now, I'm still fine with Clinton. But now that Johnson is polling well into the double digits - some polls have him as high as 28% against Trump and Clinton - he'll be in the debates. He's not the world's greatest orator, but his straightforward style might do well next to Hillary's over-polished policy recitations and Cheeto Jesus's crypto-fascist bombast. I'm more interested in the meat of his policies. For instance, he put restrictions on abortion as governor, and acts like he thinks we can just bring our troops home from the Middle East and just kind of hope nothing else spirals out of control. I'd like to hear specifics about his plans if the Presidency did actually happen.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby MJK » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:11 pm

Say that you're fine with Clinton just one more time and I'll never rub one out with your name on it again. I mean it.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:50 am

Green Party nominees will always be tied to the historical baggage of Green parties.

Anti semitism, de facto support of terrorist organisations, a weird obsession with Palestine etc etc - I mean, they don't necessarily bury themselves in issues like this, but they run a very fine line that makes centrists pretty uneasy.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:15 pm

MJK wrote:Say that you're fine with Clinton just one more time and I'll never rub one out with your name on it again. I mean it.

Your loss, man.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby MJK » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:30 pm

It was all I had to negotiate with....

I just cannot wrap my head around why you and Seeks, who seem otherwise cognitive of the world around you fail to perceive how much bigger the threat of WW3 is with Hillary. Libya had the highest standard of living in Africa and I was all set to go looking for the remains of Sgt Vernon Moore when she and her minions looted the place and turned it into Iraqfrica. At least with Trump his rapport with Putin means I might live to harvest next year's crop of potatoes before nuclear winter sets in.

Someone at ZH posted in the comments section a post election conversation between Trump and Henry Kissinger that went like this:

Trump: So did I win fair and square?
Kissinger: Does it really matter?
Trump: So what are you spraying us with from those airplanes?
Kissinger:Something good for the planet; don't worry about it.
Trump: Are you going to kill me?
Kissinger: Not as long as you don't wander too far off the reservation, Donald....
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:39 am

Those Green Party people are just the cutest. So earnest and serious about making the world a better place, but they tend to fall apart when it comes with any meaningful action. I mean, they're great at organizing sparsely attended rallies, but mostly they just show up if there is a bigger event going on on which they can piggyback, like if the Dalai Lama comes to town. We have friend in Pittsburgh who ran for U.S. Congress on the Green ticket. Thing was, he didn't campaign. He'd show up for debates and put them to sleep there, but he displayed no real energy in getting his message out on his own and getting the people fired up. From time to time his crew of supporters would attempt a visible presence at events, but they're off-putting, what with their frizzy hair, sallow skin, awful fashion sense, bad posture and ugly German footwear with their facial expressions going from glare to grimace and back again with their distinctive undertone of smugness.

He explained to me that he takes no corporate money for his campaigns, but nor did we put forth an effort to fundraise from the grass roots. Perhaps he doesn't like fundraising. I can't blame ham. It's hard work and not for the shy and requires a vast coordinated effort managed with a strong hand. Bernies campaign on the other hand has done a fine job with their fundraising.

I get the sense that the Green Party is really into that cult of personality thing, really believing that their chosen ones will immediately fall into place and lead. Like its magic or something.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:17 am

MJK wrote:It was all I had to negotiate with....

I just cannot wrap my head around why you and Seeks, who seem otherwise cognitive of the world around you fail to perceive how much bigger the threat of WW3 is with Hillary. Libya had the highest standard of living in Africa and I was all set to go looking for the remains of Sgt Vernon Moore when she and her minions looted the place and turned it into Iraqfrica. At least with Trump his rapport with Putin means I might live to harvest next year's crop of potatoes before nuclear winter sets in.

Someone at ZH posted in the comments section a post election conversation between Trump and Henry Kissinger that went like this:

Trump: So did I win fair and square?
Kissinger: Does it really matter?
Trump: So what are you spraying us with from those airplanes?
Kissinger:Something good for the planet; don't worry about it.
Trump: Are you going to kill me?
Kissinger: Not as long as you don't wander too far off the reservation, Donald....

Dude....you are talking about women. The part of our species who absolutely cannot deal in fact, reason or logic. Only what makes them feel good. They "think" with their twats.

They don't give a fuck what Hillary stands for..they only care that she'll be the first female President, just like they only cared that Barack was the first black President.

Totally getting one of these:

And I don't even support Trump that much.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe