Aukai Collins?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Aukai Collins?

Postby OldBloodandGuts » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:22 am

you guys all have nothing better to do. Let him rest in peace. Aukai was my brother he may of had some poor life choices but there were reasons for his choices and he stood by what he believed in, at least people are talking. What will people have to say about you people when your time is here.

Mr. Collins, I knew Aukai for many years and kept in touch with him off and on. I'm very sorry for your loss, and would be obliged if you would PM me. Thanks.
OldBloodandGuts

Postby nokahze » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:40 pm

I met Aqil during his time in Mexico and I considered him a best friend,a brother ever since.When i met him in person it took some coaxing into signing my copy of My Jihad...but that book changed the way i looked at a lot of things in life.We would often have conversations that would last hours about everything and anything.I cried when I heard the news.FUCK,he knew he was die in that hospital.
nokahze

Postby shivers » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:38 am

So now Dawn can take an interest in Aisha, one of his many widows, and her child without death threats? Cool.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:11 am

As I recall he did try to alert the U.S. government in a substantial way before 9/11 and for that I commend him and sorrow for all our sakes that he was unable to change the course of history.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:32 pm

denise wrote:As I recall he did try to alert the U.S. government in a substantial way before 9/11 and for that I commend him and sorrow for all our sakes that he was unable to change the course of history.

Yep, he took a flight class with Hani Hanjour. He warned them about him and instead the Feds made him spy on mosques, where Hanjour liked strip clubs.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:48 am

shivers wrote:So now Dawn can take an interest in Aisha, one of his many widows, and her child without death threats? Cool.

Not to put down a bad guy (May they all RIP) but that kind of stuff isn't right.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:26 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:
shivers wrote:So now Dawn can take an interest in Aisha, one of his many widows, and her child without death threats? Cool.

Not to put down a bad guy (May they all RIP) but that kind of stuff isn't right.

Controlling the narrative and all that would be my guess. Ex wives and ex's in general probably tell a side of the story that does not match up with the "official" version.

The other part of that is he was some really weird, twisted fanbois who had an obsession with either Aisha, the person, or "Aisha" the idea (travelling to another country with a gun and seducing a 16 year old). He tolerated the "Aisha" idea guys but there were ones who thought they could pick up where he left off. he had me read a few emails sent to him of this nature and yah, it was really fucking creepy.

I'm guessing with Dawn though, he was more concerned about the stories not meshing. He had two settings, friendly and threatening. But the fanbois were the only ones I ever saw that disturbed him, like a real human reaction of being "creeped out"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby RYP » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:57 pm

Aqil wanted to make a contribution and I worked hard to integrate him into productive gigs where his real experience could shift the security apparatus away from their stereotypes of "Why they hate us". I also got him a book deal which also generated a movie deal, a doco and some training gigs. He chose to physically threaten those people for no good reason. He also chose to hustle some folks not only at his mosque but on the Flag and start telling major fibs while in jail in Mexico. I cut him loose when I realized he was conning people from jail and also running god knows how many marriages with well intentioned women he had hustled.

He tried to threaten me and I offered to meet him anywhere, any time and backed off. I think he publicly challenged me to a duel and accused me of "fleeing" Grozny etc etc. Aqil was a sociopath who wanted to be genuine but he hurt a lot of people who tried to help him. His book remains as an excellent testament to the whole foreign jihadi phenomenon even though he was a convenient muslim. It was rather odd that I would then bump into John Walker Lindh and Eric Harroun and develop a more complex understanding of jihadis.

My best memory of Aqil was in the gorge just as we entered Chechnya and he was all geared up. The Chechens loved the ginger one legged jihadi gear freak and I had to deal with the bad vibes of the death sentence given to him by village elders for disgracing one of their daughters from his last trip. He originally asked me to rescue his wife and daughter and didn't give a shit when he found out that she was back in Turkey. He decided he was going to go die in Chechnya and again hauled ass out of there when that looked like becoming a reality.

I am sure there is a book in there somewhere but I won't be writing it. I think it is important to set the record straight that Aqil impressed a lot of people with his earnestness but left a trail of broken families, women and friends when they tried to help him. That is just as much of his story as the other parts that he wrote about.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Kurt wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:How did he die? I just want to be sure. He sounds like a horrible person.

I sent you a PM.

I was mildly curious at one point when he was getting threatingly-Killy on the old board if I was one of the posters he wanted to visit. I think it was during the hey-day of the Arkan posts (and sadly some of my best work wasn't actually written by me since anyone could use any name on the old board).
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:How did he die? I just want to be sure. He sounds like a horrible person.

I sent you a PM.

I was mildly curious at one point when he was getting threatingly-Killy on the old board if I was one of the posters he wanted to visit. I think it was during the hey-day of the Arkan posts (and sadly some of my best work wasn't actually written by me since anyone could use any name on the old board).

Nope. He never wanted to kill anyone who opposed his views politically, or at least never said so to me. He tended to want to "pay visits" to people who had helped him at one time.

But he did have a funny story about being in the studio with Ann Coulter. Apparently CNN or wherever he was being interviewed at the time had hoped they would start a shouting match between a one legged Jihadi author and Ann Coulter...and it didn't happen. After the interview he heard Coulter blow up at her manager and the CNN people for having Aqil right there with her. Someone had told her he would be with her via satellite from Maryland and she could not argue with him because "this guy actually kills people"

Little did she know she was probably the safest person in that room and, whomever his agent was, was probably in the most danger from him.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby RYP » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:00 pm

ah yes Aqil's TV and media career. I did love him for being all sweet and cuddly to women until they realized he forced women to wear burqas. His first wife got a job as a courier for some islamist group because she was blonde and didn't fit any profile. Bin Laden's people used a lot of women as couriers.

I got him a gig on Greta Susterens' show and he went with me on a couple of my Fox interviews and hung out in the green room with right wing muslim haters. He also drilled own on the media people I introduced him to. Sebastian Junger, editors, filmmakers. he wanted to be famous. I think he got his wish and I hope people read his book now that his editor doesn't have to look over his shoulder.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:24 am

CCollins wrote:you guys all have nothing better to do. Let him rest in peace. Aukai was my brother he may of had some poor life choices but there were reasons for his choices and he stood by what he believed in, at least people are talking. What will people have to say about you people when your time is here.

People talk about a tornado after it rips through town too, that doesn't mean it's a good thing.

A lot of people talking about your brother actually met the guy, spent some time with him, and had their lives threatened by him directly or indirectly.

As for my posterity, it's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, and I'm ok with that.

Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby yykes » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:39 pm

I just watched some 30 minute video about Aukai produced by what I am assuming is a European guy. Most of the video Aukai is with some Puerto Rican girl from Miami? After reading his book, I can't make heads or tails of why he was dating some juicy little non-muslim latina LOL. The dude seems to have been quite the enigma. I wonder what he would have thought about the war in Ukraine.
yykes

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:59 pm

yykes wrote:I just watched some 30 minute video about Aukai produced by what I am assuming is a European guy. Most of the video Aukai is with some Puerto Rican girl from Miami? After reading his book, I can't make heads or tails of why he was dating some juicy little non-muslim latina LOL. The dude seems to have been quite the enigma. I wonder what he would have thought about the war in Ukraine.

Was that Camera Gun by Lech Kowalski?

In many ways he was a good guy but in others he was the worst. He dated non-Muslim women because he was attracted to them and vice versa. When he and I went out we both had girlfriends and we were both loyal to them but women would pretty much throw themselves at him and me too just cuz I was there.

He fucked over a lot of people though.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:12 am

He was the cat's meow here, until he wasn't.

It's really up to the mods here, and their political leanings, what is good or not good.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe