PEACE IN COLOMBIA - VIVE ALVARO URIBE!

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

PEACE IN COLOMBIA - VIVE ALVARO URIBE!

Postby Jefe » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:13 am

So the FARC signed a peace deal and the ELN wants one too.

At the end of the day, this is after Uribe went on the offensive and stomped the crap out of them, to include hitting their base camps in Ecuador where the government actively took bribes from them for years at every level. So, while it's of course just a lie until they get power again, (and they might not get enough back to want to start a fight again), once again, the Peace Through Superior Firepower Tactic coupled with Legitimacy of Action vs Communists/Animals Wins.

I know it's not news, but the image of Penta going into Kinnipshon fits without being able to post is far too satisfying and entertaining. Like a SCI FI Comic book; "years after the Flame Wars had ended, the FARC is dead and the Paramilitaries and the Good Guys rule over a new Prosperity in Outer Moons..."

Maybe we can get a shrink version of VLindsey to do paper on internet psychosis and the Penta Syndrome. Then again, all of us might be in hot water. But not in Venezuela, czu they don't have power under Commie Rule.
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Re: PEACE IN COLOMBIA - VIVE ALVARO URIBE!

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:52 pm

Seriously man. This is like the 9 millionth peace deal FARC has signed and, even if they had control over all their "troops," which they don't, they ALWAYS break the deal. But this time it's going to be different, because suddenly cocaine is unprofitable! SHUT THE FUCK UP. It's fucking bullshit.

You know why I feel sorry for everyone who voted for Santos? He campaigned on being Uribe's Defense Minister. He made it clear that he was willing to risk being seen by the international community as a "war criminal," or at the very least a hard ass, in order to secure Colombia. And then he pussed right out. And now, anyone who criticizes him is like, "Oh, you don't want peace? You hate peace? You want to kill children?" NO. Peace would be nice but a peace deal isn't peace, FARC is full of shit, and the only way to fight cocaine cartels is with violence, because they aren't giving up the family business. GAH.

EDIT: Hopefully I'm wrong. I'm often wrong. But come fucking on.

EDIT II: Oh, reading comprehension. You think the peace deal is for real? Well that makes one of us. Not making Uribe dictator for life was the best thing that ever happened to FARC.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:05 pm

Oh. My. Darwin. Now they're saying Santos is going to get a Nobel Peace Prize for this? Even though, as Uribe's Defense Minister, he was 100% party to all the "war crimes" for which Uribe is criticized? Including the Ecuador attack?

Jesus fuck. Why don't they have a Nobel Prize for Awesome and just give it to Uribe every year. They can make one up, like the fake Nobel Prize in Economics. (Look it up, that's totally a fake Nobel Prize, some bank gives it out at the same time as the Nobel Prizes and calls it a Nobel Prize, but it's got nothing to do with the Nobel committee and always goes to no-talent bullshit artists who couldn't even predict the 2008 economic crash. But whatever. I digress from today's diatribe.)

Ugh.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Jefe » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:23 am

Yep; I can see how you thought that I was some naïve guy all excited about a legit peace deal:

"So, while it's of course just a lie until they get power again, (and they might not get enough back to want to start a fight again), once again, the Peace Through Superior Firepower Tactic coupled with Legitimacy of Action vs Communists/Animals Wins".

I can see how that would confuse anyone. Good catch!
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe