Worlds Most Dangerous Places 2016

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Worlds Most Dangerous Places 2016

Postby jcruelty » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:32 am

Syria
-sunnis?
-anyone who lives there
Bangladesh
-atheists
Iraq
-shiites
Somalia

North Korea - ?

Venezuela
- Caracas

Pakistan
India
-gang rape

-any Euro country
-wait for islamic terror to blow up mad casualties w no concrete demands
-grim list of ISIS atrocities

-anywhere in the U.S.
-grim list of gun massacres. SO MANY
-probably a lot more dead than by ISIS
-why bother with pressure cooker bombs, just buy a gun legally and kill mad people
-of course terrorists will start using guns

Crimea (?) - whatever country russia annexed

Mexico - 2 stars ??
jcruelty

Re: Worlds Most Dangerous Places 2016

Postby flipflop » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:47 am

Ibiza - 5 stars

Anywhere within spitting distance of BFC poster snaark's gaping arsehole.

Risk - gay raping by illegal immigrants of homosexual Australian sex tourists. But latter will also take a reach round from shaven-headed British 'chavs' after a few cans of low quality 'VB - Victoria Bitter' lager. Standard STD risk from unprotected anal sex, also HIV risk. Note also common tissue damage and bruising associated with large number of Muslim men seeking penetration simultaneously.

Avoid at all costs - shitstabbing jihad against European-looking males now common in the Balearics. First instances were when the victims actually welcomed the arrival of middle eastern economic migrants, for the 'diversity'. The rough house anal sex common among Islamic men now is the main tactic of this jihad. Australians, a noted nation of homosexual men, now being 'culturally enriched' via the alimentary canal at an alarming rate.

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby jcruelty » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:36 pm

Forgot Sudan.

+any african country where US is fighting secret drone wars

Googling around I found this list from "atlas and boots": Most Dangerous Countries in the World 2016. Their list is pretty much what you'd expect. Depressing how many of these were there in earlier editions of WMDP. I guess what would be more interesting is the delta, "movers and shakers", countries that left the list or joined it. Like Colombia was in WMDP 4th edition (I think?) but now seems like a safe tourist destination.
jcruelty

Postby snaark » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:27 pm

flipflop wrote:Ibiza - 5 stars

Anywhere within spitting distance of BFC poster snaark's gaping arsehole.

Risk - gay raping by illegal immigrants of homosexual Australian sex tourists. But latter will also take a reach round from shaven-headed British 'chavs' after a few cans of low quality 'VB - Victoria Bitter' lager. Standard STD risk from unprotected anal sex, also HIV risk. Note also common tissue damage and bruising associated with large number of Muslim men seeking penetration simultaneously.

Avoid at all costs - shitstabbing jihad against European-looking males now common in the Balearics. First instances were when the victims actually welcomed the arrival of middle eastern economic migrants, for the 'diversity'. The rough house anal sex common among Islamic men now is the main tactic of this jihad. Australians, a noted nation of homosexual men, now being 'culturally enriched' via the alimentary canal at an alarming rate.

Cheers

Awwww, did I hurt the gorilla's feelings? Funny how the tough guys on this forum are such delicate flowers.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:10 pm

You bit, good boy. Also, stop stealing ROB's lines, he does it much better.

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Q » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:41 pm

WMDP is outdated. As a marketable "concept" that is.

30 years ago, the idea was sexy as fuck. But that was before every hick military police national guard member from Alabama was deploying to all points of the compass. Walk into any shit ass bar from Dalonega to Fresno, and someone there has either been to Djibouti, or is fucking someone who has been there.

It's mainstream now.

Vice News made a fuckton of money with a similar concept. Rock and Roll dangerous travel. But they turned into ideologues, and then eventually sold out to the MSM.

RYP should have stuck with fact based reporting from Fuckistan. No knives. No comic books. None of that shit. Maybe it'll come back around for him. Maybe it won't.

Personally, he should have applied the Albie Mangels approach. Loincloth, shotgun, catamaran and super sexy teenage girls.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby nowonmai » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:16 am

Q wrote:WMDP is outdated. As a marketable "concept" that is.

30 years ago, the idea was sexy as fuck. But that was before every hick military police national guard member from Alabama was deploying to all points of the compass. Walk into any shit ass bar from Dalonega to Fresno, and someone there has either been to Djibouti, or is fucking someone who has been there.

It's mainstream now.

Vice News made a fuckton of money with a similar concept. Rock and Roll dangerous travel. But they turned into ideologues, and then eventually sold out to the MSM.

RYP should have stuck with fact based reporting from Fuckistan. No knives. No comic books. None of that shit. Maybe it'll come back around for him. Maybe it won't.

Personally, he should have applied the Albie Mangels approach. Loincloth, shotgun, catamaran and super sexy teenage girls.

Spot on (except the Albie Mangels approach)
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:07 am

Don't dig that list. Gabon more dangerous than Benin? Azerbaijan more dangerous than Venezuela? Turkey more dangerous than Kenya? Those are just a few I'm intimate with. The first 18 sure but then it gets sort of random.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:36 am

I never felt either Turkey or Kenya to be all that dangerous. Even when I started going to these places back when DP 2 came out.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Darcy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:49 am

Agreed. Admittedly my personal experience sways my opinion. I lived along the Black Sea coast for over a year, mostly Trabzon and Samsun, where it's very conservative, very safe, but perhaps Turkey gets more "dangerous" along the South-East border. I lived in Mombasa for a year and got caught up in a couple of serious riots, so I can see it making the list somewhere, but overall Kenya was wonderful. I can't imagine seeing Gabon on the list, I absolutely loved the place and never felt the slightest twinge of danger in ten months of Libreville, Port-Gentil and Gamba, whereas I had an AK shoved in my face and was rolled by police in Benin, so it rates as more dangerous on my personal list. Azerbaijan probably gets a little dicier towards the Armenian border as well, but my experience was first rate.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ozymandias » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Sadly, I might suggest sticking Angola on the list (albeit quite near the bottom!) We were woken up at midnight while camping on our expedition with AK's jutted in our tents, and then handcuffed before the security forces had identified themselves (majority were in plain clothes). Spent next 4 days detained with our passports and possessions confiscated while being driven around the country and transferred from custody of one security force to the other, before they finally attempted to stick us in an immigration detention centre for the weekend and then deport us. My brother wrote up the whole saga here: https://kayakthekwanza.wordpress.com/

Very sad given that I love Angola and am a big proponent of trying to grow the tourism industry here!
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:50 pm

Ozymandias wrote:Sadly, I might suggest sticking Angola on the list (albeit quite near the bottom!) We were woken up at midnight while camping on our expedition with AK's jutted in our tents, and then handcuffed before the security forces had identified themselves (majority were in plain clothes). Spent next 4 days detained with our passports and possessions confiscated while being driven around the country and transferred from custody of one security force to the other, before they finally attempted to stick us in an immigration detention centre for the weekend and then deport us. My brother wrote up the whole saga here: https://kayakthekwanza.wordpress.com/

Very sad given that I love Angola and am a big proponent of trying to grow the tourism industry here!

Good luck with that. Getting fucked around by dickheads is what most people do at work, not on their holidays.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ozymandias » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:07 am

Yes, it's certainly not good for attracting the Western tourists and their much needed US Dollars! Now that the oil price has taken a plunge, and the value of the currency has reduced fivefold (on the street at least) I would have thought they'd be doing everything in their power to diversify away from oil and bring in foreign money.

Still, I have a vested interest in getting as many people as possible out there!

Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ozymandias » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:18 am

jcruelty wrote:Syria
-sunnis?
-anyone who lives there
Bangladesh
-atheists
Iraq
-shiites
Somalia

North Korea - ?

Venezuela
- Caracas

Pakistan
India
-gang rape

-any Euro country
-wait for islamic terror to blow up mad casualties w no concrete demands
-grim list of ISIS atrocities

-anywhere in the U.S.
-grim list of gun massacres. SO MANY
-probably a lot more dead than by ISIS
-why bother with pressure cooker bombs, just buy a gun legally and kill mad people
-of course terrorists will start using guns

Crimea (?) - whatever country russia annexed

Mexico - 2 stars ??

The trouble with these lists is that they often tend to ignore the unexciting risks that you are most likely to be exposed to as a visitor (disease, crime, dangerous driving conditions etc.) and focus exclusively on the more exotic stuff (like terrorism and war), most of which has little impact on your average visitor, or is seriously mitigated by the security measures these visitors take. Might be more accurate to call this list "Crappiest places to live as a citizen of that country".
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:39 am

Ozymandias wrote:Yes, it's certainly not good for attracting the Western tourists and their much needed US Dollars! Now that the oil price has taken a plunge, and the value of the currency has reduced fivefold (on the street at least) I would have thought they'd be doing everything in their power to diversify away from oil and bring in foreign money.

Still, I have a vested interest in getting as many people as possible out there!

Good point! Better start on your Majorca guide...
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe