£5 for a pack of smokes? Fuck me.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: £5 for a pack of smokes? Fuck me.

Postby Kurt » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:56 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
Bronco wrote:Back when I lived in North Carolina I worked for a cigarette manufacturer and smoked three packs a day. I quit when they raised the price from thirty cents a pack to thirty five cents a pack.

So what were cigarettes like back in 1906?

I can actually tell you.

When I was in jail in 1987 the county jail had a 100+ year contract with the Bull Durham tobacco company. So prisoners got a free pouch once a week if they wanted.

It was a burlap sack, papers were not gummed so you had to fuse it with saliva and you were supposed to squeeze the tobacco out on the paper like you would toothpaste, if toothpaste was dried and in powder form.

I am still really good at rolling cigs because moist tobacco is so much easier to handle. They were not good smokes but they were free at least.

They stopped making them in 1988 and jails were starting to go smoke free by then.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Douchebag » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Kurt wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:
Bronco wrote:Back when I lived in North Carolina I worked for a cigarette manufacturer and smoked three packs a day. I quit when they raised the price from thirty cents a pack to thirty five cents a pack.

I can actually tell you.

When I was in jail in 1987 the county jail had a 100+ year contract with the Bull Durham tobacco company. So prisoners got a free pouch once a week if they wanted.

It was a burlap sack, papers were not gummed so you had to fuse it with saliva and you were supposed to squeeze the tobacco out on the paper like you would toothpaste, if toothpaste was dried and in powder form.

I am still really good at rolling cigs because moist tobacco is so much easier to handle. They were not good smokes but they were free at least.

They stopped making them in 1988 and jails were starting to go smoke free by then.

I bet you went to jail for being a stinking, no good liberal turd!!!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Kurt wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:

I can actually tell you.

We got Daily Mail tobacco when I was locked up round the same time. Two bales per week and two packs of shit papers. One pack of matches.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Douchebag » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:32 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
Kurt wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:

I can actually tell you.

We got Daily Mail tobacco when I was locked up round the same time. Two bales per week and two packs of shit papers. One pack of matches.

Holy moly! Is this a prison bitch convention? I bet you to walk funny and talk like your trsticles never dropped.
BFC, home of the homo hoes!!!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Jail is not a conga line of sodomy.

Its mostly watching tv and, back then, smoking.

I just remembered that if you lit the smokes too fast after rolling them, the dry part would burn but the saliva part would not, so you would have a wet piece of paper hanging from your lip while burning powdered tobacco fell on your lap.

Jail was also where I learned that if you drink for decades and suddenly go to a booze free jail you get the DTs so bad you hallucinate. I had a cellmate who would have very detailed episodes where he would tell us not to fear the devil because "the little fucker is only yea tall!" as he held his hands about three feet from the floor. Then the jailhouse Christian will say "No, it is because Jesus has defeated the devil" and then the other guy says "Jesus, my ass..the little fucker is only this high. No one that short can hurt us"

Also I learned the lesson: Never Give Up Your Pudding.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9578&p=82321&hilit=Pudding#p82321
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Douchebag » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:10 am

Kurt wrote:Jail is not a conga line of sodomy.

Its mostly watching tv and, back then, smoking.

I just remembered that if you lit the smokes too fast after rolling them, the dry part would burn but the saliva part would not, so you would have a wet piece of paper hanging from your lip while burning powdered tobacco fell on your lap.

Jail was also where I learned that if you drink for decades and suddenly go to a booze free jail you get the DTs so bad you hallucinate. I had a cellmate who would have very detailed episodes where he would tell us not to fear the devil because "the little fucker is only yea tall!" as he held his hands about three feet from the floor. Then the jailhouse Christian will say "No, it is because Jesus has defeated the devil" and then the other guy says "Jesus, my ass..the little fucker is only this high. No one that short can hurt us"

Also I learned the lesson: Never Give Up Your Pudding.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9578&p=82321&hilit=Pudding#p82321

Criminals and libtards like you need to be deported!!!
Your a danger to society!!!
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe