BFC Presidential Election Poll

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Vote Now ! Hillary, Trump or Neither ( Fuck you 19D20 )

Hillary Clinton
26%
Donald Trump
37%
Fuck you 19D20
37%

Total votes : 27

Re: BFC Presidential Election Poll

Postby snaark » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:01 pm

friendlyskies wrote:Which brings us to this week's TRULY important crisis: Is Saturday Night Live part of a vast global banking conspiracy to destroy Donald Trump? Discuss.

No, but Alec Baldwin does the most convincing Trump impression I've seen so far. Best actor in the world indeed.

On Russia: I don't understand why Americans get in such a sweat over Putin. The chances of Russia going to war with the US are about zero. Without nukes, the US would beat Russia in a war in about 20 minutes. 15 if they bring their NATO pals, and 14 1/2 if Australia help out. With nukes the whole world is toast and noone wins.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:10 pm

snaark wrote:
friendlyskies wrote:On Russia: I don't understand why Americans get in such a sweat over Putin. The chances of Russia going to war with the US are about zero. Without nukes, the US would beat Russia in a war in about 20 minutes. 15 if they bring their NATO pals, and 14 1/2 if Australia help out. With nukes the whole world is toast and noone wins.

Truly you are an omniexpert. Do you have a doctorate in international relations and deterrence as well?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Trump is demanding that SNL, a satirical variety show, be taken off the air as he deems SNL, a satirical variety show, to be "the media". What, does he think he is Erdogan?

I am looking forward to SNL coming Saturday as much as I am looking forward to the final debate this Wednesday.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:50 pm

I am starting to believe that Snaark is a troll here to make the hawks look stupid.. NATO is a toothless old polecat. If Europe even looks at Russia wrong the EU will freeze to death( a plus would be that an unheated Europe should slow down the flood of MENA acclimated migrants). And just how would Uncle Sam win a war with Russia in 20 minutes when they can't see or hear anything when within 600 km of Russian activity?

You gotta go to Russia to beat them and look how that worked for the French and then the Germans. Only idiots bleat for war on Russia.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:31 pm

friendlyskies wrote:The most hilarious thing about Putin's threat to start WWIII isn't the fact that he's never been irrational, so it's nigh on impossible to imagine him destroying the world over Syria. It isn't the prediction that oil prices and global temperatures will go up, turning Russia into the oil power it once was and breadbasket it never has been, making it more powerful than ever. So why in the world would he rock the boat?

It's the reality that 90% of USAmericans never even heard his threats, because no one gives a shit about Russia anymore. Well, except that Russia might be helping Julian Assange, who was played by Benedict Cumberbatch in that movie they didn't watch that one time. Hell, more people know about Ken Bone's Reddit AMA than Putin's saber rattling. Like ten times more people. Which is sad commentary on the navel-gazing US public, sure, but also endlessly amusing because Putin can't scare anybody, even when he's threatening nuclear fucking war. Because he can't compete with Trump or Clinton for air time, much less both of them at the same time. It must be so frustrating.

Which brings us to this week's TRULY important crisis: Is Saturday Night Live part of a vast global banking conspiracy to destroy Donald Trump? Discuss.

I wasn't aware Obama and Biden were on team Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/us/po ... .html?_r=0

There's about as much proof that the cyber attacks came from Russia as was Saddam having WMDs and being connected to 9/11.

I know you're just a girl, but do try and think about that for a moment.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby snaark » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:34 pm

MJK wrote:I am starting to believe that Snaark is a troll here to make the hawks look stupid.

I really don't think they need any help.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:13 am

Friendly-Not just SNL but all of late night, PBS and Hollywood sure look like they are working from the same set of instructions from above. And not just on the subject of the election. I recently saw an SNL rerun episode from last season with guest Maya Rudolph programming viewers on what to think about the Brazilian president the US was just successful at getting rid of in a "Fuck your BRICS, suckabagadicks" move. ("My name is DILMA… you have to say it like you hate yourself…")
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:30 pm

SNL is just the left wing version of "I get my news and opinion from a guy who believes in an all knowing big monkey in the sky" that a lot of the right in the US follow.

For all their supposed "intelligence", I've never understood this left wing worship of comedians, who literally have zero schooling in anything Economics or Politics related.

I know fuck and shit about Econ, and I make no bones about it. Which is why I usually avoid discussing it here. But I guess if I changed my name to Mustafa Schlomo, and railed against Wall Street (even though my family is literally running it.) while making dick and fart jokes, I'd be some leftist God.

And the rest of us are supposed to look up to them as some sort of wizened elite. Yeah, ok Jon Leibowitz.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Tarkan would love this band

Postby denise » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:13 am

restoring my faith in America...one...song...at a time.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=WiwWgN5O3WQ

makes me proud to hail from the flyover zone - Go Cubs!
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:38 am

I'm still unsure which is the very much better candidate.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:54 pm

While dudes: I don't know who's worse: Hillary or Trump

LGBTQ people: Trump is.

Black people: Trump is.

Undocumented immigrants: Trump.

Muslim's: It's Trump.

Women: Trump, duh.

White dudes: ** shoves head deeper into ass ** I just ... don't ... know ...
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:45 pm

This about the most bestest candidate not which is worse. Most bestest and worse aren't different sides of the same coin.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:10 pm

[quote="gnaruki"]This about the most bestest candidate not which is worse. Most bestest and worse aren't different sides of the same coin.[/quote]

That sounds, frankly, stupid. You're adopting the argument style of Donald Trump (pioneered by Sarah Palin) by throwing some random words together in order to dilute the argument which you know you can't win. So, you randomize words and pithy, trite sayings and throw in cutesy grammatical errors, and then retreat.

Talking down doesn't work with me. With me, you would have to talk up, but you can't.

And Q. Look at you, talking smack about Pelton on here, such an obvious attempt to establish yourself as some kind of alpha, or expert...... or something, while what's really clear is that you're preening. I won't say for whom, but it's pretty clear who it is.

What's that you said, that my ilk put men's lives in danger? Scairdy-cat, are ya?

Drama queen poseur.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:24 pm

This thread just gets awesomer and awesomer every day!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:32 pm

[quote="rickshaw92"]This thread just gets awesomer and awesomer every day![/quote]

You're welcome.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe