Why I love America

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Why I love America

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:43 am

Just cuz he could. And a true professional. His wife gets the gallantry award for being there to watch it. Now he should retire.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfU3u7KaysY[/youtube]
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Re: Why I love America

Postby goat balls » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:04 pm

There is no good logical reason to jump out of a perfectly functioning airplane. I always wondered about all the parachutes that I had to wear in case I had to get out. I didn't pack them. What if that guy that packed them hated my guts? Tried to put those doubts out of my mind on really dark nights.

The middle of the Pacific Ocean on moonless nights is the darkest place on this planet. The carrier looked like a lit up pinhead.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jefe » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:28 am

1. I knew the pilot pretty well when I jumped.
2. It's not "Only 2 things fall from planes; birdshit and fools. It's napalm and paratroopers and you will get burned by either one.
3. For QC on the chutes, each rigger had to sign a logbook in the harness of the chute. Court martial for failure. BUT THE BEST PART:

The riggers had a bin to throw all the chutes they pack. Only theirs go in there. At the end of each week; their supervisor goes back and picks out 5 or so at random and guess who has to
jump them? Yes, the rigger will have to jump his chutes selected at random at the end of the week.

I am sure this should program would be better done with a 7.2 Billion dollar computer system, but it worked fine in the 80s.
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:23 am

all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:38 am

Fuck all those pandering pieces of shit - if it ever truly hits the fan I will head for my home in the hills...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=gr ... ORM=VRDGAR
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe