12 and a wake up

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

12 and a wake up

Postby Q » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:01 am

Thank fucking Cthulhu.

I'm so tired of dealing with retards. And frankly, comparing these people to them is an insult to retards.

"You need to change ticket."

"What?"

"Change ticket."

"What the fuck for?"

"We don't like this airline. And there is another family listed on our ticket. We don't like that."

"Go fuck yourself. How about I just cancel your flight?"

"Oh....no. Not good."

Fuck off back to Iraq you ungrateful cunts. Someone is getting a 15 hour transit in Doha.

"Change ticket."

"What?! Why?"

"Not enough kilos for bags."

"You get 46 kilos allowance."

"Not enough."

"You do understand they have clothing stores where you are going, right?"

"Give money."

"You want extra weight? Ok, but it'll be on a flight back to Erbil."

"No good. No good. No Iraq."

"Then take the 46kilos and shut up."

"You give ticket now."

"No. You just got cleared yesterday."

"Yes. Ticket. Now."

"How about no ticket, ever?"

"Ok. Give money. I buy."

"Get the fuck out of here."

Cunts.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Re: 12 and a wake up

Postby denise » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:19 am

I leave it in your most capable hands.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby michelle in alaska » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:48 am

denise wrote:I leave it in your most capable hands.

......what she said. xxoo
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby grawp » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:03 pm

I can sympathize, friend Q.

In a former life I served time in customer service.
Fun, for the most part; you got to solve people's problems and send them on their way with a smile.
The real problem customers encountered were, and there is no way to get around this except by going full-on jingo:

1) Arabs
There must be some kink in Arab culture that mandates their male population treat all women of whatever nationality or creed as untermenschen or worse, furniture. The Arab Male must see it as a chance to prove their manhood via the safety of the telephone, since trying to do so in person to one of today's empowered female Homo sapiens would get their face slapped right off their skull.

2) Hindus
The world's best bargainers. In their own minds. A Jesuit arguing the finer points of Roman Catholicism has nothing on a bloke with the Patel surname trying to squeeze an extra something out of the deal he (and it is usually a "he" go figure) has just made, whether you are selling them airline seats, toothbrushes or locomotives. Our folks handling the billing had my sympathy when one of these ornaments of south Asia called in to foist responsibility for his $3000+ balance back onto the company, claiming it was our fault for making our very nice and reasonably-priced services available to him in the first place. This smacks of the alcoholic blaming the liquor store for his habit.

3) Central Africans
To be fair, the main issue with central Africans is one of language. My company maintained a corps-sized group of on-phone translators who could assist in removing the language barrier and Make Smooth The Way. The number of languages covered was very diverse, as in Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese Chinese, Russian, Polish, Tagalog Filipino (!) you get the idea. Unfortunately, the central African dialects got short shrift, reducing our mutual conversation to one of sign language by phone, or employing the services of an increasingly frustrated and therefore snippy Dutch interpreter, trying to negotiate a bastardized version of the Flemish or Walloon tongue.

Again, my apologies for going jingo, but as folks around here say "The truth will stand when the world's on fire," and this is the by-God truth I'm speaking here.
The world will never love us. They respect us - they might even grow to fear us.
But they will never love us, for we have too much audacity!

- Theodore Roosevelt – “The Wind & the Lion” (1975)
grawp
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:57 pm

Hindu's (aka Patel's) are insistent bargainers, but I wouldn't say the best bargainers. I sell furniture. We get many customers from India. For the most part they are time-sucking vampires, without dignity. Sometimes I'm tempted to ask them at which point do they start to be embarassed by their incessant demands for further discount. It cracks me up too when they start to act mean about it, as if they believe their aggressive stance will yield results in their favor. They're just awful. Amongst Indian shoppers the Sikhs are not quite as bad. At least they have humor.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:56 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Hindu's (aka Patel's) are insistent bargainers, but I wouldn't say the best bargainers. I sell furniture. We get many customers from India. For the most part they are time-sucking vampires, without dignity. Sometimes I'm tempted to ask them at which point do they start to be embarassed by their incessant demands for further discount. It cracks me up too when they start to act mean about it, as if they believe their aggressive stance will yield results in their favor. They're just awful. Amongst Indian shoppers the Sikhs are not quite as bad. At least they have humor.

I hate bargaining and take offence at it. Think how much more advanced we would be as a species if people just set a fair price and other people paid it if they want it, we'd had spare time to do something useful. But no, people just want to fuck around all day long asking for a poxy discount. My world theory holds that the more that a country has a haggling culture the more backward it is. Possibly this is why I don't work in retail.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:02 am

seektravelinfo wrote:For the most part they are time-sucking vampires, without dignity.

God, that is so true. Its more complicated than that, like everything, but most of the ones buying or selling here have no shame and no dignity. When I worked in webhosting we would have customers from Northern India who bought our services specifically to avoid the Indians that you mentioned. We had Indian employees that were outsourced and most were decent folks, but when the customer Indians got other Indians on tech support they would demand to have it escalated to an "American". Since I was that American I got to hear Indians complain about Indian tech support all the time.

Biggest complaint? The just lied. They lied when they did not need to lie, They lied when they could fix the problem, they lied when they could not fix the problem, they lied when they could have been honest and ended the support call with a resolution, they lied when it was impossible to fix, they just kept on lying.

And like you said, they sucked time.

Here is a Western Business: Offer something online, give a price. The customer sees that they want what you sell at the price you are selling it and they buy it. They click through a bunch of stuff and pick a shipping rate and it is done. The merchant has money and ships the product and the customer has less money but has a product. Both are happy.

Indian online business is like this: Offer a product at a set price, customer buys the product. Customer gets error message telling them they need to register. They register. Why do they ask for a phone number? Must be for shipping..ok the customer enters their phone number. They buy the product. Nope, they are out of that product. The phone rings and it is an Indian call center telling you your product is not available but you can buy a similar product for more money. Or the product is available ...with free shipping...but you will need to either buy premium shipping if you want to see it in less than 6 months. You are angry, you say no. You hang up.

Another call from another company, Hello, kindly please confirm your shipping address....Who the fuck are you? Kindly please confirm your shipping address...What the fuck is going on? Sir, please listen to me and do what I say. Kindly confirm your shipping address to me > click! <

Ring ring

Sir, do not hang up on me again I am trying to help you, kindly conf > click <

Ring ring ring from another number ring

Sir, I am with the United States FBI and please , you must kindly confirm > click <

ring ring > block call <

ring ring > block call <

email:

Sir, are you on whatsapp? Do the needful and please confirm your shipping address. If you cancel the order we will have you arrested.

email:

FROM THE UNITED STATES DIVISION OF FRAUDS INVESTIGATION IN WASHINGTONS DC

Sir, We have determined that you have committed negligent fraud in the chargeback for the order you made with INFOTELSYSINFO.INFO website. We taking frauds seriouslys. Please go to INFOTELSYSINFO.INFO/register.php and re submit your order so your family will not be arrested.

Do The Needful,

Dr. John McDawkinson Smoth III
Consumers Frauds Divisions
USA

and they will do that all by the phone if they have to. All day.

Its like all those ads when we were younger "Our Prices Are So Low Because We Have Executed The Middleman, Here is His Head on A Spike. Spit On The Severed Head of The Middleman For an Extra $20.00 Off Your Next Car Stereo Purchase of $100.00 or More" except the Indians are trying to add more middlemen, to everything. Since no one wants to pay middlemen but everyone wants to be middleman, you get those calls and hard bargains, often from someone who has no product to sell or no money to buy anything, all in the grasping attempt to become middlemen.

That's what I worry about the "Uber" economy, its trying to automate the middleman process.

Anyway, yah. Spot on about time wasting.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby grawp » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:49 am

I am currently working with two Sikhs.
Both are women, each is remarkably exotic and gorgeous, very polite, incredibly self-possessed, great sense of humor and speaks English with a greater degree of sophistication than I will ever be capable of...
and each of them has a mind and personal ethos made out of case-hardened steel.
The husband who scores either of these ladies as his forever partner in life has a magnificent consort battleship for a wife and will probably be successful beyond anything he can possibly dream of.
A good woman who's smart and ethical does that for a man.

Neither one owns a tavern, though.
Darn it.
The world will never love us. They respect us - they might even grow to fear us.

grawp
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:16 am

^ or he'll eat a bullet within the first 5 years.

Anyway...this wasn't my primary task. Mission creep dictated I step in and help some dumbass, wide eyed new grad who was surely going to change the world through her work, but couldn't handle dealing with the typical Arab male stereotype.

It's always really fun watching Western girls who've beaten down wimpy Western men through 4 years of university find out what real mysoginy is.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby nowonmai » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:10 pm

Q wrote:It's always really fun watching Western girls who've beaten down wimpy Western men through 4 years of university find out what real mysoginy is.

misogyny. C'mon, can't believe you can't spell it.

You did University didn't ya?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby grawp » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:05 am

Friend Q:

In this corner:
Arab Misogyny, entrenched in that culture since Ishmael and his mom were sent packing.

And in this corner:
Feminine Empowerment that has been honed to a scalpel's edge by some VERY vengeful and controlling ladies over the past six decades.

The rules? None.
The outcome? Tears for one, and a thoroughly flayed ego for the other.

I'll bring the Mallomars, you bring the popcorn.

grawp
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:52 am

nowonmai wrote:
Q wrote:It's always really fun watching Western girls who've beaten down wimpy Western men through 4 years of university find out what real mysoginy is.

In my defense, I was half drunk, and an Arabian princess with the blackest of hair and palest of skin was giving me the come hither eye.

Or I'm just fucking retarded.

Take your pick.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:42 pm

nowonmai wrote:My world theory holds that the more that a country has a haggling culture the more backward it is.

Yes. Though there may be better correlation with potable drinking water than economic strength. I've noticed that as Mexico's prices have firmed up, so has its economic stability. Still, though, I wouldn't drink from the tap, I won't even brush my teeth or wash fruit in that swill, even in major population centers. How do they even get the water that nasty?

Bargaining is such a waste of time, it erodes trust, it hurts small businesses - there is literally no upside other than personal. I bargain sometimes, sure, because otherwise I'm screwing myself over. But I don't get any joy out of it. You see the craven professionals just wearing people down for a thrill and $2, and all I can think is, "I wonder what the DSM-5 has to say about his personality disorder." There should be a Castle Law.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby nowonmai » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Q wrote:
nowonmai wrote:

In my defense, I was half drunk, and an Arabian princess with the blackest of hair and palest of skin was giving me the come hither eye.

Or I'm just fucking retarded.

Take your pick.

I'm both drunk and retarded so can hardly throw the first stone. And I'm just jealous.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe