The Fed creates Facebook page

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

The Fed creates Facebook page

Postby goat balls » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:12 pm

OMG

Zerohedge has the links to the comments section. It might be the greatest thing on the internet ever. Hurry before they take it down.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Re: The Fed creates Facebook page

Postby ROB » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:53 pm

ZH

rofl
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:25 am

Pretty funny shit. Like the Google bot that morphed into a druggie Nazi teen while under unsupervised internet tutelage.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Have they taken it down yet? Every other comment seemed to say they should all be hung for treason. And they should. I'm very surprised that so many people are aware of who the fed is and how bad they are. Bravo.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Turd Polisher » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:11 pm

as Old Yeller prepares for another end of summer Fed party in WY, I am reminded of one of the best Big Ben statements ever.....just a year before the Too Big to Fail bus drove off the cliff....

"It is not the responsibility of the Federal Reserve--nor would it be appropriate--to protect lenders and investors from the consequences of their financial decisions."

Chairman Ben S. Bernanke
At the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's Economic Symposium, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
August 31, 2007
https://www.federalreserve.gov/newseven ... 70831a.htm
"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:37 pm

Are they chumming the Facebooks for conspiracy theorists? Or did they really think that would go down some other way?

This would be like Thomas Edison or Hillary Clinton doing a Reddit AMA.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Douchebag » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:27 pm

You libtards are like the ppl on the Titance when it hit the iceberg! In the nile, all of you!!! Keep your head in the sand. Your libtard ship is sinking!
You won't read zerohege because you can't face the truth!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:58 pm

The Turd Polisher wrote:as Old Yeller prepares for another end of summer Fed party in WY, I am reminded of one of the best Big Ben statements ever.....just a year before the Too Big to Fail bus drove off the cliff....

"It is not the responsibility of the Federal Reserve--nor would it be appropriate--to protect lenders and investors from the consequences of their financial decisions."

Chairman Ben S. Bernanke
At the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's Economic Symposium, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
August 31, 2007
https://www.federalreserve.gov/newseven ... 70831a.htm

Yes the actual owners of the federal reserve bank are having their annual Jackson hole shindig right now. It's all very glamorous and full of uber wealthy and beautiful people. The Press are just giddy as they look over the walls at their real bosses, and I'm sure they'll treat us with some stories about how wonderful all these people are.

It shouldn't be too long before Dame Yellen comes outside and addresses the Plebes. Reminds me of Julius Caesar except that Caesar actually earned his rank. I wonder how much of our money we will be allowed to keep until the next Jackson Hole shindig. Will they inflate, deflate, or just confiscate our wealth?
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:26 am

lol - the fact that you can get a maximum 6% dividend and aren't allowed to trade, sell or borrow against shares in the Fed might be the reason they can only afford Jackson Hole.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:14 am

I've stayed in that hotel a couple of times (it's a favourite conference venue). Last time I was there (in 2012) the cheapest rooms were about $250 a night. Pretty basic but you pay for the location and the next hotel is an hour's drive away.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:35 pm

I met a Deli owner in Jackson Hole who moved there from NYC as a ski instructor / dishwasher who then realized "Tons of New Yorkers and No Boar's Head delis" and so he made one.

He seemed to have tacked on $2 per sandwich over the NYC price back in 1999 money and made quite a lot of dough.

Other than that, Jackson was just a typical lopsided Western town like Aspen, Vale and Sun Valley. But Jackson and Vale are Government people, Sun Valley is rich actors and writers who pretend they are authentic and Aspen is now Arabs. Interesting places though if you want to view real income disparity in the US.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:52 pm

Kurt wrote:Interesting places though if you want to view real income disparity in the US.

Jackson Hole is some sort of time capsule. Its full of rich retired baby boomers in $100k RVs. Nobody of my generation will be able to afford to retire like that, if they can afford to retire at all.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:34 pm

snaark wrote:
Kurt wrote:Interesting places though if you want to view real income disparity in the US.

Jackson Hole is some sort of time capsule. Its full of rich retired baby boomers in $100k RVs. Nobody of my generation will be able to afford to retire like that, if they can afford to retire at all.

I used to deliver art out in those places.

Before the Arab Sheiks took over Aspen real estate there was still some crazy stuff. Like heated driveways with essentially a "broil" setting. John Denver's place in Starwood had such a hot driveway it would create a slight fog on the side of the mountain.

Meanwhile when we would drive to a local moving company to drop off stuff for storage or latter delivery it was often like walking into a meeting before the storming of the Winter Palace. Filled with berets and point blank class hatred. (like many white bolshies they never quite moved toward killing people though all of them had access to some of wealthiest people on earth. Then driving past Aspen a bit you would see these fire trap mobile home villages where the mobile units were placed like 2 feet apart.

That was where the "help" lived.

The attractive 40 something women that lived there married to 60 to 80 year old rich dudes would always have cowboy hats on and always seemed to be sizing up deliverymen to see if they were elligible for an affair or something, like most 20ish dudes out there women in their forties were too close to mom's age to even consider, but bleach blonde + cowboy hat + robe that falls open all the time when sigining the BOL seemed to be normal there.

Now there are probably harems of Niquab clad women there with Mexicans carrying their shopping bags to the fleet of Escalades.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Black Flag Cafe