Just thought I'd stop in and say hello

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Just thought I'd stop in and say hello

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:29 am

denise, you ought to follow Pelón on FB. Imagine if a batch of those inspirational posters from the marketing team at your office went rogue and decided to burn their business suits, find Jesus, start dealing weapons and plowing a share of the profits into the most fucked up mission trips ever, then, in a haze of that maniacally happy seratonin-endorphin rush humans get from helping others, rewrote the inspirational quotes as 600-word calls to action that cued up your own mirror neurons to bust out the best sort of fight-or-flight response to poverty and lack of medical care.

I've been regulating my FB use lately, but Pelón is worth the continued flirtation with "like" addiction.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby denise » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:16 am

girl it goes without saying you've always got it going on and I've always enjoyed your enthusiasm but I was banned from facebook long ago.

nobody wears suits no more but yes they majorly contribute to the cause although in a different way because there are so many ways.

snail mailing Kentucky :-)
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:39 am

Tell us more about getting banned from FB.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:17 pm

Not much to tell..twas the dawn of Facebook and every cool kid had their own page.

Apparently my kids were the coolest and didn't want their mom hanging out at their hangout.

So I acquiesced - although when they forgot to logout I would checkout their sites- and chat with their friends which pissed them off to no end.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:52 am

denise wrote:Not much to tell..twas the dawn of Facebook and every cool kid had their own page.

Apparently my kids were the coolest and didn't want their mom hanging out at their hangout.

So I acquiesced - although when they forgot to logout I would checkout their sites- and chat with their friends which pissed them off to no end.

Bad bad girl.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby denise » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:14 am

true...

fortunately no charges were pressed and everyone forgot about facebooking for the most part - maybe it's safe to sign up now.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby El Pelon » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:06 am

It has been a while since this was posted but I have to say that it's the best compliment I have ever gotten. Paige, you rock. Just so you know, Siberia is the next stop...

"Imagine if a batch of those inspirational posters from the marketing team at your office went rogue and decided to burn their business suits, find Jesus, start dealing weapons and plowing a share of the profits into the most fucked up mission trips ever, then, in a haze of that maniacally happy seratonin-endorphin rush humans get from helping others, rewrote the inspirational quotes as 600-word calls to action that cued up your own mirror neurons to bust out the best sort of fight-or-flight response to poverty and lack of medical care."
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Haven’t really been on Facefart for a while so I’m out of touch. Hope all is well with you, Doc.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby El Pelon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:45 pm

I deleted my facebook presence a while back. I have shifted to the much calmer, and non-tracking, Mewe.com these days. Not so many folks there, but it's a bit more of my speed.

All is well with us. Still living the Southeast Asia dream from time to time with hopes and ambitions to dip our toe back into Iraq at some point next year.
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe