Iran is still winning

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Iran is still winning

Postby nowonmai » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:26 pm

BOR wrote:The concept of exceptionalism has been present in the fall of every powerful civilization. It is a cancer on any successful society.

Said every half arsed BOR ever.

BOR wrote:I think I am quite incisive and interesting

Somebody didn't bother Googling.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:55 pm

[quote="MJK"]Decadence does usually rear its head during the runup to empirical collapse; so what is half assed about pointing it out? What would Google be saying about this that has eluded us so far?[/quote]

Mmmmm, decadence. Not what it could be. Decadence now is Kanye West, Trump for Pres, Starbucks Pumpkin Latte, CGI, the Bravo Network, McMansions, all you can eat buffets etc.

Not enjoying this decadence.

At least in Wiemar Berlin they ruled in decadence. art, architecture, design, music, cinema, science, fashion, philosophy: all worthwhile.

This decadence now; hardly worth fighting for. It's BORing.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Modernity is wets like BOR and Sneck wanting their enemies to win, even while they bob about in the society that other men died to protect.

Cue - Snecky and BOR remarks about how clever they are - why they even have college degrees. Flotsam, and that's putting it kindly.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:56 am

You guys almost made it to the second page before resorting to name-calling.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:06 am

We were running in the halls earlier. Why am I visualizing you in a superhero outfit made out of your old crossing guard/hall monitor uniform?
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:52 pm

MJK wrote:Why am I visualizing you in a superhero outfit made out of your old crossing guard/hall monitor uniform?

Because you are sexually aroused by men in positions of authority?
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:38 pm

I was a hall monitor in the 6th grade, had my badge & sash and briefly ruled the hallway adjacent to the school entrance at Wilson Elementary in Little Rock. I got that out of my system fast and moved forward to grow away from it. I look back with embarrassment about the personae I inhabited during that very brief period of my very young life. Moved forward: that's the key. Imagine, I figured out how not to be an asshole when I was 11, while some of these men here seem to be grasping & striving to achieve the level of Asshole Supreme.

Maybe it's just a mirror of our national, and international, discourse. We are inundated by the likes of Trump and his surrogates, Assange and his sycophants, Putin and his posses. The rest of (many of you here) you are mere groupies, incapable of independent & critical thought.

When I picture (most of) y'all I see the security guards in North Dakota that put the dogs on the Indians this week.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:47 pm

I wasn't a hall monitor, largely because we didn't have halls. I was a "prefect" though. Prefects were tasked with ringing the siren at the end of the lunch break. One day I let the whole school have a 2 hour lunch break. The teachers didn't do anything. It was a shit school and I guess they thought most of the kids were going to end up as brick labourers anyway, so it didn't really matter.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:08 am

You proved to be an imperfect prefect did you? Excellent. I sense salvage possibilities, remote though they may be. We all await the retching that will signal you have finally broken your esophageal embrace upon the penis of statism. You thought it was the teat of social progressivism but the flavor of the milk should have tipped you off.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:01 pm

snaark wrote:I wasn't a hall monitor, largely because we didn't have halls. I was a "prefect" though. Prefects were tasked with ringing the siren at the end of the lunch break. One day I let the whole school have a 2 hour lunch break. The teachers didn't do anything. It was a shit school and I guess they thought most of the kids were going to end up as brick labourers anyway, so it didn't really matter.

Instead you have turned into a self-hating European. They must be so proud.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:55 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:. The rest of (many of you here) you are mere groupies, incapable of independent & critical thought.

When I picture (most of) y'all I see the security guards in North Dakota that put the dogs on the Indians this week.

Lol. I love how you think you have the intellectual capital around here to pull off a comment like that.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jefe » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:50 pm

And with Trump's changes of command, Iran is due for a giant shit on top of them pretty damn quick. It ain't going to be the Obama groveling tour.
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

just beer and bud here

Postby el3so » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:30 am

nowonmai wrote:The second biggest problem we will have in future conflict will be domestic social cohesion as fifth columnists run riot. But in war of survival you can expect that our domestic policing would become rather more muscular than at present.
LOL communism is dead amigo, get over it. Ukraine and Georgia was payback for Kosovo, they just played it better is all. Wonder what Trump 'll do about those sanctions.

The West's money machine is drying up, there's no quick fix for that.

"Line people up against walls to quash dissent" is angsty yet silly on account of being non-realistic esp. in countries opposed to capital punishment i.e. everyone but the USA.
nowonmai wrote:Then we would just have to deal with the armour and rockets that these little shits would throw at us. I dont buy all this Little Green Man crap in serious conflict; that asymmetric approach only works when they can remain below out response threshold.

Meh, it'll still be their backyard plus they have the needed domestic support (even if that is due to not caring about it or being better at selling it to their public) and the hardware. Rockets seem to be doing fine, never been in the military but it seems like point&click stuff one could stockpile.

No-one got nuked after 9/11, I really don't see anyone topping that as far as response tresholds go excepting when/if North Korea gets it's sh!t together or finally unzips.

Then I reread your post, saw "war of survival" and realised you must have had a few. Drunk posting, oh yes, it sure has been a while...
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby nowonmai » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:48 am

I know wars of survival are difficult concepts for Belgians on account of always relying on Britain to bail them out, but those of us across La Manche have longer memories. And if you think 9/11 was the big one then your excessive use of weed has shrunk your imagination.

You've been out for the count since Friendlyskies dropped you with a haymaker and I think you're still seeing stars. Still makes me laugh that one.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:03 pm

nowonmai wrote:You've been out for the count since Friendlyskies dropped you with a haymaker and I think you're still seeing stars.

She take you out to dinner yet?
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe