Sirte. Libya

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Sirte. Libya

Postby RYP » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:51 pm

Was just on the eastern front lines in Sirte. All the shithheads have escaped to Bani Walid or had entire magazines emptied in them. The half dozen or so Americans have done a spectacular job of taking out car bombs, tanks and squirters. America is winning the war on ISIS but don't tell anybody that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Re: Sirte. Libya

Postby nowonmai » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:58 pm

What's this all about? RYP's posts have this appended below them.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:35 pm

nowonmai wrote:What's this all about? RYP's posts have this appended below them.

I got the same. Perhaps we sre a couple of cunts.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Hitoru » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:36 pm

We're all cunts.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Q » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:32 pm

"America is winning the war on ISIS..."

Stopped reading there. Fucking hilarious.

If by continual support you mean winning, then yeah.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby RYP » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:58 pm

No I mean attriting. If you knew how many Tunisian fuckheads infested Derra and Sirte and how many are dead then you would say "America is winning the war on ISIS". None of their little outposts have sustainable logistics or income. So once we provide intel, ISR and air support the locals look like heroes.
RYP

Postby Q » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:12 am

And if you had half a clue as to what's going on in the Caliphate, you'd (hopefully) have a different view.

But I know...I know...Libya is so edgy and cool right now. That Hansel...so hot.

You're years late. Unless you've found conclusive proof that the missing Libyan MANPADS ended up in the hands of CIA assets in Syria, I.E.: ISIS, no one cares.

No one. It's also wildly amusing that you've adopted the flawed and weak sauce Vietnam War era US propaganda that dead enemy bodies = victory. Seriously, what agency or unit are you nut hugging these days that has you towing the official line, in exchange for access?

I'm going with alphabet agency as I've heard, firsthand, how many Tier 1 assets you are PNG with these days.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby RYP » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:48 pm

ah the 1980's/1990's/2000/2010/2016 Manpad/Stinger argument. "If they get their hands on these advanced weapons, its all over"

We have not only been putting these weapons in the hand of angry beardie people since Afghanistan but we sent our best to train them on how to use them. There were hundreds of these things in Libya available to anyone with a pickup truck. Currently we are shoveling much cooler anti tank technology into Syria which is being used with great effect against the Turks.

But my point is that the unglamorous job of supporting the locals to slowly kill ISIS is working without requiring massive fobs and the casualties that erode support.
RYP

Postby Q » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:10 pm

^QED.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Return to Black Flag Cafe